Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:01 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,713,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by micC View Post
Most children don't consider it to be a 'problem' when school is cancelled due to snow.
I really loved going to school and learning new things... When all the kids would be out playing sports, I'd be in the library reading books and studying encyclopedias...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 03:37 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,412,996 times
I wasn't interested/obsessed with weather this much until like it was October of the first year I moved in North Carolina.
That's probably where I started looking for all different climates in the world.
My first winter was totally frustrated. I've never experienced such warm temperatures and thunderstorms in January,
yet people here down in the South complains how their winter is so freezing all the time and when you hear from them more than enough.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:41 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,279,873 times
You can only complain so much. I only post about the weather if it is interesting, which is rarely. When it's boring, I can be found bull****ting on the Unhappy Thread.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:52 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,459,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
You can only complain so much. I only post about the weather if it is interesting, which is rarely.
That will change in about 2 months.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
That will change in about 2 months.
If you mean me complaining, you may be right. If you are talking about the weather being interesting, I would have to disagree.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:56 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,177,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I really loved going to school and learning new things... When all the kids would be out playing sports, I'd be in the library reading books and studying encyclopedias...
Oh, how hard it must have been to be in information geek before the internet became "mainstream". Go to a library to read and check out non-fiction books? Read encyclopedias? I'm so glad I came of age when the internet was pretty widespread (although the level of organization online was pretty meager compared to now).

Old 04-12-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
If you mean me complaining, you may be right. If you are talking about the weather being interesting, I would have to disagree.
What could be more interesting about Florida's climate than the thunderstorms?

Old 04-12-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
What could be more interesting about Florida's climate than the thunderstorms?
Not really interesting. Maybe if you are a lightning-starved person like some of the crazies that post here. They're actually quite obnoxious (the storms and the people )
I think the most interesting weather that occurs here is the once a year near freezing temperatures.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:44 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,713,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
Oh, how hard it must have been to be in information geek before the internet became "mainstream". Go to a library to read and check out non-fiction books? Read encyclopedias? I'm so glad I came of age when the internet was pretty widespread (although the level of organization online was pretty meager compared to now).
Yeah for sure. I didn't even hear about the internet until I was in high school and by then it was limited to dial-up BBS, e-mail and the odd website. I didn't get my own computer until I was 18.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Not really interesting. Maybe if you are a lightning-starved person like some of the crazies that post here. They're actually quite obnoxious (the storms and the people )
I think the most interesting weather that occurs here is the once a year near freezing temperatures.
Many people have a type of weather that fascinates/excites them, besides sunny and uneventful. I don't consider it craziness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather