Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:05 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times

Advertisements

For those who have never been married, what kind of wedding do you want to have?

For those who have been married, and are not afraid of marrying again, would you have a more/less extravagant wedding this time?

I've never been married. I wanted the fairytale wedding when I was younger. But now, having just been to a wedding where they spent 25K, and finding more value in the day to day instead of that day, it's gonna be a simple one. A nice park with beautiful landscaping and gazebo for the wedding and an after party at a cool joint with a blues band, karaoke and food that my friends and I will have cooked myself. I'd rather have a great honeymoon and money in the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
If I ever married again it would be the cheapest possible wedding with a big beach party after--mostly for family and friends' benefit--and we'd quickly fly off to some uncharted island for two weeks. Or someplace where no one could find us.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
My wedding will take place in Richard Simmon's backyard......not.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
If I ever married again it would be the cheapest possible wedding with a big beach party after--mostly for family and friends' benefit--and we'd quickly fly off to some uncharted island for two weeks. Or someplace where no one could find us.
That sounds perfect to me!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Yeah, I've done the church wedding and the foufy dress and the sit-down dinner. I don't foresee ever getting a divorce, but if my husband were abducted by aliens and years had passed and my tears had dried, I think I'd like some big, casual thing. Like Ribfest but with wedding vows. Maybe Heart would play my wedding, too. And the wet naps would be customized with our names and the date.

Last edited by JustJulia; 04-22-2009 at 09:31 PM..

Old 04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
We're thinking of eloping. His family is into big church weddings. Then we live in MA, his family lives in FL and mine lives in CA.

His little sister is getting married in January. It should be a circus event... and she's already said that my boyfriend doesn't have to be a groomsman, but just an usher. I suspect she'll change her mind on this. He's been a groomsman five times in six years and hates doing it. The last time was for his older sister and first she said he didn't have to, then her fiance begged him to, and his mom said he had to. Her argument was if you don't do it for your older sister, then you wouldn't be able to for your younger one... as if he cared about that. And I told him he should do it for his mom's and grandmother's happiness.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,722 times
LOL JJ...Ribfest...sounds like fun! Count me in

Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,342,175 times
I've never been married, but I had one planned right down to the last detail (he bailed 19 days before it was to take place). It wasn't going to be over-the-top fancy, but would have been a small church wedding with a reception at a local country club. Maybe 35-40 guests. Total cost would have been around $12K (paid for, no debt). The biggest expense would have been the photographer.

If I ever have to plan another wedding it would have to be different simply because all the previous plans were related to that ex-fiance and I don't want anything to remind me of him on my wedding day. I won't just do a Justice of the Peace wedding though. I've never been married and I want the white dress, friends and family, all the trimmings. My life, my money, my choice. I'd love to take a Caribbean cruise with close friends and family and get married on one of the islands. Unfortunately, if I get married in the next few years and my father is still alive, this won't happen because he can't travel that far. I'll have to find a venue closer to home, maybe a beautiful flower garden at a historic home or something like that. I love beautiful outdoor wedding photos. Luckily, the next time (if there is one), I won't have to pay a photographer since a good friend of mine is now a professional wedding photographer (I would have to pay her cruise fare though )

Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,787 times
I am going to get married at Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany and have white horses carry us around the little city.

Last edited by killer2021; 04-22-2009 at 09:59 PM..

Old 04-22-2009, 10:00 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
I am going to get married at Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany and have a set up white horses carry us around the little city.
Oh? Are you anticipating becoming a recipient of a marriage proposal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
I don't do romance at all so I am just never going to propose, ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings