Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 07:41 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,152,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
ok yo. i want you to walk down 15th or 16th ave south, 7 or 8th ave north, walk up to the first person you see with some gold teeth(cuz there are alot) and tell them lake worth isnt hard, tell them they dont live in the ghetto. first theyll laugh, then theyll prolly lay you out and steal your wallet.
Would you be willing to make a wager about this? I would.
Quote:
just tonite in delray, a man walked into a dunkin donuts and i think some where else and just started shootin people, and robbed the stores. . .
In your opinion, what would be the relation of those facts to the "average Joe" statement I made?
Quote:
85 percent of lake worth is slum . . .
Not per your definition of slum or ghetto, but you could forward another definition. Again, you'd have to make clear what you mean by "slum" for that to not seem arbitrary to me.
Quote:
crime happens everyday to average people in this county.
Crime does happen to average people, yes. No one said that it does not.
Quote:
. . . you can find drugs anywhere, and i mean literally anywhere in this county. you can find guns. you can find hookers . . .
I'm not of the opinion that drugs, prostitution or guns should be illegal, by the way, but that's probably better for another thread.
Quote:
you tell me these areas arent ghetto when i see the sheriff chopper out 5 days out of the week lookin for people, or the sirens i hear every hour or so,
Okay, so is that part of the definition of "slum" you'd like to propose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
lake worth in 2005 or 2006 had a murder rate of 33 murders per 100000 people. NYC has 7.
In your view, what does that tell us?
Quote:
you dont live here. i do.
I've lived there for most of my life, including in the ghetto in West Palm Beach.
Quote:
Why do you think lake worth cops switched over to sheriffs.
Well, PBSO Captain Rolando Silva called it more of a merger, and said that the PBSO role is primarily management and policy making, and that “it’s the same guys” still at the street level. This has been done recently in other areas of Florida, too, such as Royal Palm Beach, for budgetary reasons.
Quote:
Crime is horrible.
I do not at all agree with you that the average person in Palm Beach County needs to worry about crime, and I do not at all agree with you that statistics are a good basis for such a worry. Now, if you read that as "I do not believe that average people can be crime victims", then that's merely indicative of some reading or logical problems. Average people can be, and occasionally are, crime victims anywhere. There is nowhere that they can have a guarantee that they will not be crime victims. Does that warrant worry about it? No. No more than the average person should worry that they'll be hit by lightning, struck by a meteorite, suddenly have an aneurism, etc.
Quote:
i dont give a **** what anybody says cuz they obviously havent seen what ive seen in this county.
I agree that your views aren't likely to change.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:13 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 794,039 times
well i never said you dont live here. i said banx dont live here. the murder per capita shows us that big bad New York has a crime level more than 4 times lower than lake worth. what does that tell you. there is more crime for the population. of course theres going to be more murder, robberies, and such is a place like new york cuz theres 8 million people living there. there only a 1.2 million in palm beach county. much less populated. but compared to the population youre more likely to get robbed, or shot in lake worth, than new york.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
. . . but compared to the population youre more likely to get robbed, or shot in lake worth, than new york.
Which is what I thought you'd say.

Now, how do the crime statistics tell you that? Do you believe that it's something like the lottery, where each person in the area in question is holding one lottery ticket with one number on it? Is that all there is to crime and crime statistics?

Old 11-27-2008, 10:24 AM

im just sayin ive been robbed twice. my mom was robbed. my house got robbed when i was little. my dads truck as been robbed. my friends brother was stabbed for his wallet. my buddy got the rims stolen of his truck. my homeboy was shot and killed over a 100 dollars. i got jumped downtown west palm for 25 bucks tryin to get some herb when i was 13 or 14. Another one of my friends was jumped for his ipod. i was jumped for my ipod on dixie highway during 5 oclock traffic. that says something about the crime in palm beach county.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
im just sayin ive been robbed twice. my mom was robbed. my house got robbed when i was little. my dads truck as been robbed. my friends brother was stabbed for his wallet. my buddy got the rims stolen of his truck. my homeboy was shot and killed over a 100 dollars. i got jumped downtown west palm for 25 bucks tryin to get some herb when i was 13 or 14. Another one of my friends was jumped for his ipod. i was jumped for my ipod on dixie highway during 5 oclock traffic. that says something about the crime in palm beach county.
You didn't answer my last questions (or the earlier one about the wager, either, unfortunately), but I'll play along:

I've never been robbed in Florida, and I know tens of other people who have never been robbed. I know tens of people who have never had their homes robbed, either, tens of people who never had their vehicles stolen, broken into, or vandalized, tens of people who were never stabbed or killed. I never got jumped, buying drugs or otherwise, and I don't know anyone else who ever was either. I never had anything stolen there, and I know tens of other people who never had anything stolen there.

Now what? What should all of these anecdotes tell us? What should it tell anyone who is wondering if they'll be safe in Florida?

Old 11-27-2008, 10:39 AM

i dont really care what it should tell people. based on my life experiences. based on what I see everyday. Based on other places ive been(like chicago, MIA, ATL) i know PBC is bad. i know all of south florida is bad.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:41 AM

And ill take you up on that wager. I guarantee that if you walk up to anybody in lake worth with gold teeth and dreads and tell em lake worth aint hard your not gonna be walkin away.

theres nothing to do in these cities. unless you got money and even then there aint much to do. thats whyalot of the criminals in florida are juveniles. they aint got no cash. they cant find a job. they rob. they smoke weed. they drink. they start **** with people for no reason cuz theyre bored. they sell drugs. you ask some of these kids what they like to do. theyll tell you. bust sales, smoke weed, rob people. they dont say, i like to play football, i like to go to the movies, i like to listen to music. nah thats not gonna be there answer.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
i dont really care what it should tell people. based on my life experiences. based on what I see everyday. Based on other places ive been(like chicago, MIA, ATL) i know PBC is bad. i know all of south florida is bad.
Okay, but is that all you're doing? Are you reporting your beliefs as something completely subjective, where someone with very different beliefs (like "Palm Beach County is safe for the average person") isn't wrong (or right in your view I suppose) objectively? That is, you do not claim that your beliefs about this are the same as a fact that "Palm Beach County is bad". Is that correct?

If you're claiming it as a fact (let's say that Palm Beach County is not safe for the average person), then you need something more than a stubborn belief.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 AM

no i dont. why would i need to prove to some yank from jersey that palm beach county is bad. why do i need to prove it to you when i know it for a fact. and whats up with the wager. i put a hundo down on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach