U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2012, 10:29 PM
 
Location: West Virginia
8,032 posts, read 15,718,521 times
Reputation: 4178
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
You could offer to be his driver.
Well this just proves to me You didnt read my ORG post

HE DOES NOT NEED TO DRIVE! He has 2 Paid by the state of WV Home health aide they Drive him every where! They would even take him to see his relitives IF he ask them! 2 nurse M-F 4 hrs in am 4 hrs pm & Sat am for 4 hrs. One even took him to a Rabies Clinic to get his dog vaccinated on Sat morning!

This also proves you dont know me. I in a Wheel Chair! & there are times I cant drive do to my medical condition...No I dont have help to do my driving or shopping! BTW maybe I can ride him on the back of my scooter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2012, 10:42 PM
 
6,352 posts, read 3,556,009 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Well this just proves to me You didnt read my ORG post

HE DOES NOT NEED TO DRIVE! He has 2 Paid by the state of WV Home health aide they Drive him every where! They would even take him to see his relitives IF he ask them! 2 nurse M-F 4 hrs in am 4 hrs pm & Sat am for 4 hrs. One even took him to a Rabies Clinic to get his dog vaccinated on Sat morning!

This also proves you dont know me. I in a Wheel Chair! & there are times I cant drive do to my medical condition...No I dont have help to do my driving or shopping! BTW maybe I can ride him on the back of my scooter!
Look, if you are not willing to step up and drive him you have no right to deny him the right to drive. Sounds like you are just delegating the problem. I am sorry about your medical condition, but it doesnt look like you can make up for denying his rights. Maybe he doesnt want to have to rely on a the state of WV. I know I dont want their help with anything.

So the more you talk the more I do know you. You want to control other people, and dont want to help your neighbors. So go report him to your masters in the state government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 PM
 
Location: West Virginia
8,032 posts, read 15,718,521 times
Reputation: 4178
Ok Thanks for Your permission!

He Does Depend on the State he has 2 Housekeepers for 8 hrs per day M thru F & 1 for 4 hours on Sat! Dang 44 Hours of people driving him cleaning & cooking for him. Thats a Lot of State help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2012, 11:26 PM
 
6,352 posts, read 3,556,009 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Ok Thanks for Your permission!

He Does Depend on the State he has 2 Housekeepers for 8 hrs per day M thru F & 1 for 4 hours on Sat! Dang 44 Hours of people driving him cleaning & cooking for him. Thats a Lot of State help!
See exactly the problem with the state. Stupidity on all levels.

Like I have said. Everyone has given you an answer. You can stick around and continue to argue with everyone who has given you advice, because you don't like the answers, or you can accept nobody agrees with you and move on.

I dont understand why you ask for advice and than get upset when people give you it. Sounds like you already made up your mind and wanted people to support your opinion.

You got your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 AM
 
Location: West Virginia
8,032 posts, read 15,718,521 times
Reputation: 4178
No I hadnt made up my mind! Tho from your posts you say yes then no You need to make up your mind But thats ok. You to are confused! 1st post you say to report him! Then you go from there to say no I should mind my own bussiness [How Rude!] When you can give solid advice then your welcome to post it. But I can do with out the rudeness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 AM
 
6,352 posts, read 3,556,009 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
No I hadnt made up my mind! Tho from your posts you say yes then no You need to make up your mind But thats ok. You to are confused! 1st post you say to report him! Then you go from there to say no I should mind my own bussiness [How Rude!] When you can give solid advice then your welcome to post it. But I can do with out the rudeness.
Katie you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. I never said to report it. I will help you understand my posts since you seem to have trouble.

Quote:
I dont know the details, but I think the Doctor would tell him not to drive if they couldnt. Just because they have heart problems and take medication doesnt mean they cant drive. If they are constantly passing out than yes they should not be driving, but you have given no indication that this is a problem.
Now if you read it carefully you will notice that I am stating people can drive while taking medication and having medical problems, WOW WHO KNEW? I als stated that the doctor would tell them, which was a polite way of me saying, "You dont know what you are talking about and need to stay out of matters you are ignorant." I did state they should not be driving if they are passing out, but I never said to report them. It is similar to, "you shouldnt drink and drive," but that doesnt mean you report someone who does it. You shouldnt ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but that doesnt mean anyone should prevent you.

I am glad I could clear up your confusion. If you need any additional help please do not hesitate to let me know.

Also, since you may not be able to understand other posts, everyone told you to not act like a fascist, except ONE person.

Katie myself and several other people have tried being polite with you, but you have been rude to everyone who disagreed with you, which is pretty much everyone on the forum. If you want to know why you are getting hostile responses it is because you have a bad attitude.

I am with David. Your neighbor should get a restraining order against you. Please pass that idea on to them.

When your doctor ask you for help, and given the wisdom you have shown in this thread who wouldnt want your help, by all means help them. Until then let me repeat the message this forum has sent you, "Mind your own business."

Do you understand now? Is there anything else I need to clear up for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2012, 08:11 AM
 
Location: West Virginia
8,032 posts, read 15,718,521 times
Reputation: 4178
Re-Read my 1st post I CLEARLY Stated he was passing out! I also stated several times that He Keeps Passing OUT! Since YOU cant Not Read Please Go away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Kenmore, WA
6,781 posts, read 3,188,916 times
Reputation: 9436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Should I report him to some one for endangering others if not himself? To Whom??
I understand your concern. My mother drove visually impaired (against my constant pleas) until she left the drive one morning and realized she could not see beyond the hood of her car. She backed back into the drive (thank God no one was behind her), left it set there, and called her favorite charity to donate it. They picked it up the following day.

If you have not WITNESSED him driving recklessly, or endangering others, you are just getting into his business. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you have nothing to report, other than your fears. You could call the family, and give it over to them. You could call the police and tell them your concerns.

In either case, once you do that, you have to leave it alone. There are millions of people around us every day making irresponsible decisions that affect all of us and we have no control over them.

Believe in the goodness of the Universe (I call it God), and go on with your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM
 
Location: West Virginia
8,032 posts, read 15,718,521 times
Reputation: 4178
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I understand your concern. My mother drove visually impaired (against my constant pleas) until she left the drive one morning and realized she could not see beyond the hood of her car. She backed back into the drive (thank God no one was behind her), left it set there, and called her favorite charity to donate it. They picked it up the following day.

If you have not WITNESSED him driving recklessly, or endangering others, you are just getting into his business. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you have nothing to report, other than your fears. You could call the family, and give it over to them. You could call the police and tell them your concerns.

In either case, once you do that, you have to leave it alone. There are millions of people around us every day making irresponsible decisions that affect all of us and we have no control over them.

Believe in the goodness of the Universe (I call it God), and go on with your life.
He goes from allert to out cold in a split second! I asked him do you know your going to passout? he says no one second I talking or whatever then I out cold! Thats what worries me! He came to hours later in the Hospital 2 times after passing out at home.. He past out in Groomers woke to EMTs working on him. No I Dont conside him a Safe Driver at this point in time. I Consider him a accident waiting to happen. BTW this started Monday Before Easter! Tho hes had health problems since I met him 4 yrs ago this Passing out is a recent problem. So is him having 2 housekeepers. I think the dr DID tell him No Driving cause the 2nd girl does nothing but take him places. 1st lady hes had for 3 days a week until now ... she now comes 6 days.

Sorry about your mom. I had a neighbor decades ago that had cateracts in the last months before the were "ripe" for removal I drove her around. Then when my Back went I was not sure I could Feel the gas & break properly she Drove me LOL She died a few yrs ago at 82 yrs old. Hows your mom doing now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM
 
6,352 posts, read 3,556,009 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Re-Read my 1st post I CLEARLY Stated he was passing out! I also stated several times that He Keeps Passing OUT! Since YOU cant Not Read Please Go away!
Doesnt change a thing.

Mind your own business.

If you want to get involved in a non-intrusive way maybe talk to his family, but if his family doesnt do anything than you are sh*t out of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top