Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 PM

708 posts, read 1,157,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Why are we talking about Pittsburgh?
Because we were waiting for you, the Greater Morgantown-Pittsburgh Visitors Bureau President, to come and explain the difference between each community, why they are the same, and why they are neglected by Pa,WV, and the US.

Pretty odd for you to say why are we talking about Pittsburgh, when it comes out on every thread you type on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 12:30 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
Because we were waiting for you, the Greater Morgantown-Pittsburgh Visitors Bureau President, to come and explain the difference between each community, why they are the same, and why they are neglected by Pa,WV, and the US.

Pretty odd for you to say why are we talking about Pittsburgh, when it comes out on every thread you type on.

Stop being jealous.

Or as you might say, "stop hating."

Old 03-18-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post

Stop being jealous.

Or as you might say, "stop hating."
I would never be jealous or hatin' on Pittsburgh nor Morgantown, because I love SWV more and all of WV just as much.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I would never be jealous or hatin' on Pittsburgh nor Morgantown, because I love SWV more and all of WV just as much.
I realize you hate NWV, and love SWV, but you still hate.

That is the definition of hating.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:11 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:

That's me that does that I work in the Pittsburgh area and I also post in the Pittsburgh forums partially discussing the fact that the Pittsburgh MSA/CSA makes no sense. Weirton/Steubenville should have been part of it to begin with and Wheeling should have been added at some point. A little child could look at a map of the Pittsburgh MSA and see that it makes no sense. Also I'll have to agree with CTMountaineer...Wheeling/Steubenville/Weirton should all be considered one metro and part of the Pittsburgh CSA if not part of the MSA in some way.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route50guy View Post
No offense to Pittsburgh, because I like the city, but to me Pittsburgh sometimes tries to act like it's a northeastern city like a Philadelphia or NYC, but it's not. It's a town right in the middle of Appalachia, just like all of WV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
In many respects, Pittsburgh is the most Appalachian town in character. Common folk there actually use the Appalachian "yinz" and "yinzes" in daily speech patterns. The city is also home to the famous Hill District Hillbillies and the Squirrel Hillbillies. The suburbs of Moon, Mars, Plum, Settlers Cabin, Bower Hill, Oak Hollow, Wildwood, Economy, and Cranberry further cement that status, as does the basic character of Oakland.
I'll agree but try to tell them that Cranberry is a newer suburb with younger people but yeah a lot of the neighborhoods look exactly like areas in northern WV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
Have you ever actually been to any of those areas? Because your stereotyping makes zero sense. Cranberry is about as far from "Appalachian town" as you can get.

And yes, Pittsburgh is the defacto capitol of Appalachia... mainly because its the only city that resides in the region.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That's me that does that I work in the Pittsburgh area and I also post in the Pittsburgh forums partially discussing the fact that the Pittsburgh MSA/CSA makes no sense. Weirton/Steubenville should have been part of it to begin with and Wheeling should have been added at some point. A little child could look at a map of the Pittsburgh MSA and see that it makes no sense. Also I'll have to agree with CTMountaineer...Wheeling/Steubenville/Weirton should all be considered one metro and part of the Pittsburgh CSA if not part of the MSA in some way.
No listen to curse. Questioning the Pittsburgh MSA is insane, but we need to build a huge interstate in middle of nowhere SWV since it will lead to big development.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'll agree but try to tell them that Cranberry is a newer suburb with younger people but yeah a lot of the neighborhoods look exactly like areas in northern WV.
It's all good Wanderlust, just ribbin' my ole buddy Havoc!

Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,815 times
Quote:
It's all good Wanderlust, just ribbin' my ole buddy Havoc!
No, he's my buddy Havoc, find your own BFF!

Old 03-18-2013, 08:43 PM

You can both be my BFF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia