Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 04:25 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,317,255 times

Advertisements

Myron Cope told me he was from Huntington the first day I met him...it floored me at the time. I still laugh about it because it didn't fit...Here was this little shrimp of a guy with a big nasal voice. He didn't have any reason to connect himself to West Virginia at all. He loved people...this is hard to write...we have lost a great human being here...He was a 'pleader' for change and advancement...There's an altruistic trait in the jewish community that Myron exemplified...he gave all the goodness back...every single bit.
If you data miners want to know what he did in Huntington or why he was there, dig it out...I'm sure it's in a statistic somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 06:57 PM

74 posts, read 369,871 times
Maybe he meant Huntingdon, PA, it's about 2 hours east of Pittsburgh. Just a thought....

Old 03-02-2008, 09:08 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,617,686 times
creemarie I was just about to say that before I scrolled down and saw what you wrote. I also thought he might be from North Huntingdon PA about 20 mins east of Pittsburgh, I met someone in college who said she was from Huntingdon, I thought WV but she meant that particular township.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,862 times
ive been in north western pa for a year and a half, after growing up in North western wv. I have seen some people and activities up here that would make any West Virginian blush. as far as for the comments about in breads and the such, trust me, these people outside the mountain state are morons. there are some exceptions to any rule... pittsburgh surprises me with supporting such a movie considering the number of west virginians who live and work in pitt. where im staying, in podunk holler pa, its almost like the maybury with its little fairs and sideshows that close down the whole 3 streets that make up down town. so don't take offense to other people's ignorance, they wouldnt appreciate the beauty of our state anyway.

comments ive heard:
"only in WV"
"ide do my cousin too if she looked like that"
"must be a wv thing"
"know how you west virginians are"
"do you really sleep with your cousins"

Old 03-06-2008, 09:13 PM

531 posts, read 1,744,424 times
Well, as far as marrying cousins, royalty used to do that quite a bit!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:35 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,317,255 times
Still does...and the american royalty... vanderbilts....biltmores...rockefellers...morgans, ect still do that too. Keeping that same old money in the same big pile...
Brownie point for that observation Appalachiangirl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia