Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:12 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzogirl View Post
Yeah. That's what I think I like so much about this state. No one is afraid to get their hands dirty. Shovel poo? Well, I might have to do some real soul-searching for that task...
PS I love all the selection of smiley faces on the side bar when I write posts especially the blue on that looks like it is gasping.
If you want a place that's backward, I think I'll have to throw in with Bailey on this one. Sounds to me like Huntington might be the place for you. Stick to the outskirts, because the downtown area can get a little lively at night, and not necessarily in a way that you would find interesting. But, I do think Huntington will fit your model nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 07:42 PM

4,959 posts, read 8,955,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
If you want a place that's backward, I think I'll have to throw in with Bailey on this one. Sounds to me like Huntington might be the place for you. Stick to the outskirts, because the downtown area can get a little lively at night, and not necessarily in a way that you would find interesting. But, I do think Huntington will fit your model nicely.
Man give it up! You're speaking of things you know very little about. You don't even live here, or the state for that matter. Funny how you keep taking these jabs at Huntington on the public forum but you won't respond to my direct messages. If you want a discussion, respond to my messages.

Last edited by tbailey1138; 11-18-2008 at 08:45 PM..

Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 PM

671 posts, read 1,057,716 times
If you're interested in Morgantown, you can likely get a job overnight. The firm I work for (HMM) is ALWAYS hiring and expanding -- if you're into municipal and environmental work.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:11 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Not cool Play nice and give it up.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:20 AM

167 posts, read 864,817 times
Thanks to all that have replied! I am printing out the list of websites to hang on the wall for future reference. We are going to try to visit sometime in February. That way, we can get a personal feel for Huntington and Charleston. I'm not sure about Morgantown, even though I have heard fantastic things about it- it's just a little too far north for me. I'm sure it's all psychological, but it is too close to all the northern states for me. Plus, with all my family still in Louisiana, that would add another two hours or so to an already long drive time. I guess I will start looking into real estate and watch prices. Oh my gosh, selling our house here is going to be a beast....
-Faith

Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 AM

4,959 posts, read 8,955,150 times
Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help or if you have any other questions. Here are a couple of other links that may be useful for the Huntington area. I'm sure Vec can help you out with Charleston. Good luck with this and I hope it all works out for you.
Tim

Homes of the Tri-State
HDHomes.com - Huntington area's premier real estate site-- - Advanced Search

Old 11-19-2008, 05:28 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
Mezzogirl:

We have crawdads here in the creeks and its always 'open season..so just-a bring the seasoning for the 'boil.. That Lou-si-anna Right of Spring can be celebrated right here in good old West Virginy....The crawdads are better around Morgantown..

Old 11-19-2008, 06:13 AM

crawdads in the creeks? oh, yeah, baby.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,925 times
Saw a wild mink running around in Greenbrier County a few years ago.

Warning about WV - deer EVERYWHERE. They are sooo cute except when standing in the middle of the road or jumping out into the side of your car.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Saw a wild mink running around in Greenbrier County a few years ago.

Warning about WV - deer EVERYWHERE. They are sooo cute except when standing in the middle of the road or jumping out into the side of your car.
Ummm, I have to say no to the mink meat....
When we were in Buckhannon this summer, there was this outdoor walk-thru zoo/safari place. It featured animals that were native to the area fenced in with a walking path. I started to panic just a bit when I noticed that there were more native animals walking around on OUR side of the fence. We walked that path in the fast lane, passing people on the left...the kids were like, "but we didn't get to see the snake!" Yeah, there was one dangling 5 feet over my head in a tree. Not to mention the roving packs of deer that were all over the path and did not seem to be scared of my kids. And anyone who knows ANYTHING, should be VERY afraid of my 5 yr old. I joke around, but I really love the outdoors and I like animals. WV would be a good fit for us. I'm not sure how others in the area would accept us though. We aren't necessarily "city-fied" but when people come in from a big metropolis, I know the community might not immediately warm up to us. I'm prepared for that and think I can handle it. I'm sure people around there will have a great laugh at my expense, but I am game. Just don't be shocked if I crack a few back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia