Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times

Advertisements

Intrenched corruption....that was a part of the discussion...and one of the things in Gods hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM

108 posts, read 306,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Wanted to add a notation about one of our high profile 'Hillbillies.

In a private interview this week with a friend, Sen. RC Bryd was reported to have said, "Yes, I'm frail and have trouble walking...but my doctors tell me I have about five good years remaining; I intend to spend them in the service of the people and the state I love. I WILL be seeking re-election. Count on that!"
That is amazing, isn't it? Ya gotta love him!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:25 PM

39 posts, read 125,577 times
I was reading through another forum and came across the fact that some of these rural towns people are sort of "white trash"..abuse the government,have too many kids which they can't afford..and things to that nature. That wasn't intended for West Virginia but does WV have a feel of snobs and stuck up people because many say WV has the best people....

Old 04-01-2009, 03:33 PM

275 posts, read 707,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLudi View Post
That is amazing, isn't it? Ya gotta love him!
I think he is an amazingly funny old man... I love the old black and white photos of him in his KKK gear (hood and all!) standing next to a WV flag... that's RCB for you!!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Intrenched corruption....that was a part of the discussion...and one of the things in Gods hands.
That also has to be in the peoples hands. Accepting corruption feeds corruption and makes them goliath when they are mere mortals as any of us are. Challenge it at every turn by being armed with the truth. Let a lie slip from your lips, fudge the evidence, (R) Sen Stevens of alaska is a free man thanks to dundering prosecution. This time the prosecutors themselves are in the hot seat.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:40 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugyboy420 View Post
...That wasn't intended for West Virginia but does WV have a feel of snobs and stuck up people because many say WV has the best people....
Stuck up? Snobs? Nothing could be farther from the truth!

By the way... DK, is this the weekend for the polo match, or should we take the yacht and sail with the Cherry River Navy?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
...Meet you in Richwood!

We do have a feel for snobs and stuck up people but thank God most of them are in the Legislature this week and confined to the 'whorehouses of Charleston....

as for Sen Stevens? His pension is unsullied and in full force...and a tidy sum. Those of the congressional elite take care of themselves...I remember one who was caught with a stripper named 'Fanny Fox humping to high heaven on the tidal basin...He got his pension too!

a comment to the dignified but self-indulging Nikongirl24:

We can recognize that you are only a under-grad student at Marshall and certainly not a real resident of Wv.
Your matriculation of tact and understanding is quite limited and shows like red neon ablaze on a dark street.
Many of our Methodist ancestors were members of the clan...Mine never appologized for their membership as RCB has to Mike Wallace and the nation. I'm sure that interview is in print to google.
It's so easy to keep the false fantasy alive, much more extreme than the truth.

We have a state only because of the efforts of this one man...the others have spent their time 'picking the chicken clean and still do...Ex-clansman or not, he gets my vote...If anything, he is a positive role model for people desiring to do good and not 'slop at the public trough. (best wishes to Ocie Smith for a speedy recovery)...'slopping at the public trough is one of his favorite phrases!

Enough!
Rochester! Press my blue jacket and dust off my yachting cap...the Cherry River Navy will sail again...
and Snorpus, years ago, I did belong! Those were the days!

Last edited by David Kennedy; 04-01-2009 at 08:14 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 04:56 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
Yachting? Polo? And I got the evil eye for saying *do lunch*?

Old 04-02-2009, 04:59 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
Alice, lets do lunch on the yacht before the polo match.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
Oh my.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia