Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Pmr

13 posts, read 83,016 times

Advertisements

Too many people here trying so hard to be different, that they're not. They're all falling into that SAME category of trying to be "different" instead of just being themselves. I can't believe with all the old fashioned church going people here, they let all this weird, gay, alternative bunk thrive. Money is the reason. Money is the reason natives are selling out to rude big city people who think this is better because for them it's cheaper. My husband couldn't find a decent job here. We're going to try to rent our house while we try another place. The only friendly people I've met here are the one's not from here. The people from here are VERY clannish.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:51 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmr View Post
Too many people here trying so hard to be different, that they're not. They're all falling into that SAME category of trying to be "different" instead of just being themselves. I can't believe with all the old fashioned church going people here, they let all this weird, gay, alternative bunk thrive. Money is the reason. Money is the reason natives are selling out to rude big city people who think this is better because for them it's cheaper. My husband couldn't find a decent job here. We're going to try to rent our house while we try another place. The only friendly people I've met here are the one's not from here. The people from here are VERY clannish.
Maybe it's just your holier-than-thou attitude.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Pmr

13 posts, read 83,016 times
Everyone's supposed to be allowed their opinion, I thought, so it's not my attitude, it's my opinion. Let's not be critical. I can understand by your name though, why you are offended. A typical hostile reaction.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:41 PM

187 posts, read 1,023,118 times
Maybe an administrator could just put a lock on this thread.

It's not like this was ever a useful topic.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 AM

442 posts, read 1,510,063 times
that is a really good idea - people keep saying the same thing over and over - either you respect diversity or you are threatened by it - time to get off this limited topic

Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 AM

758 posts, read 2,288,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves mountains View Post
that is a really good idea - people keep saying the same thing over and over - either you respect diversity or you are threatened by it - time to get off this limited topic
AMEN!!

(Administrators??)

Old 10-03-2007, 01:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Same attitude that people exhibit when the move here, they want to change everything so it will be like what they are trying to escape, and guess what it don't work, and in alienates you from those of use that have called this home all our loves.

Now you want to even carry your outrage into the forum and censor free speech. Hint, this is why you will find less than friendly reception from natives, it is not us, it is you, think about it. If your lifestyle, values, etc. is so dang good, then just stay put where you are, and quite trying to change our values, culture, lifestyle, as we think ours is just fine also.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM

74 posts, read 100,741 times
Such a shame that is is 2007...almost 2008 and there are still SO many narrow minded ignorant people...."Judge Ye NOT"...that is for GOD to do...NOT you...and you better be worried about your own salvation...and yours only.

I grew up in Asheville (Biltmore Forest) and went to what was then called Asheville Scool for Boys... and now live in Charlotte and have for the past 15 years...what would these narrow minded ignorant people think about the HUGE diversity here in Charlotte...people here pretty much accept anything as long as you leave them alone.

If you don't like downtown Asheville...guess what...DON'T go there.....duh!!!

We can only pray for ALL the ignorant people in this world...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina