Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:34 AM

756 posts, read 1,653,875 times

Advertisements

Monday is March. The crocuses are poking from the ground. The rose bushes have small, red buds where leaves will grow. The birds are returning with morning songs. Soon, the worst winter here in many years will be a memory and the joy of living in the mountains will erupt like the Sound of Music. Look up! Joy is coming with Spring!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 AM

765 posts, read 2,568,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFriendly View Post
Monday is March. The crocuses are poking from the ground. The rose bushes have small, red buds where leaves will grow. The birds are returning with morning songs. Soon, the worst winter here in many years will be a memory and the joy of living in the mountains will erupt like the Sound of Music. Look up! Joy is coming with Spring!
I predict that spring will arrive on March 21, 2010

Old 02-26-2010, 08:57 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,880,321 times
even if we love snow - right now we are in the middle of another snow storm here in delaware and I can't wait for spring flowers to bloom - I mean outside, not in a pot on my table

Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 AM

120 posts, read 390,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFriendly View Post

This is what myself, and everyone, has been waiting for! YEAH!

Old 03-01-2010, 01:15 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,846,746 times
I have heard several people mention a big snowstorm that is supposed to happen sometime soon. I think it has something to do with the Farmer's Almanac. Has anyone heard anything about this? I want some more snow. This has been the best winter I've ever spent in the South.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 AM

729 posts, read 1,505,493 times
No! This hasn't been a great winter! I guess if you work indoors it's great but when you have to work outdoors as well, it kind of stinks. Rest assured, it's not over yet. I groomed and trimmed my two golden retrievers yesterday. They are not letting go of their winter coats. Not a good sign.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:00 AM

4,788 posts, read 10,608,885 times
Ah, "Spring"...

We look forward to it, when it waddles in around our Mtn house, about the last week of April
or, the first week of May. It comes earlier, of course, down "below", around the golf course
and those lucky people that live lower.

I check out this NPS site cam, as the Purchase Knob site is at "our" altitude, the view is
similar, and that Mtn is only about 5-6 miles as the crow flies, from us.
It isn't spring up there, yet.

NPS: Nature & Science» Air Resources Division - Great Smoky Mountains NP Web Camera

Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 AM

756 posts, read 1,653,875 times
Today: 40
Friday: 43
Saturday: 50
Sunday: 58
Monday: 61

For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land." - Ernie Harwell

Old 03-04-2010, 04:20 PM

19 posts, read 39,249 times
It's been a tough winter. My neighbors have been very stressed out driving on our one-lane gravel/dirt rd with all the snow we've gotten. I keep reminding myself that one day I'll look back on this winter and be thankful for actually having a real winter. The sledding has been the best I've ever experienced. And I also know how glad we'll be when everything blooms and warms up .

Old 03-07-2010, 01:31 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,968,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
I have heard several people mention a big snowstorm that is supposed to happen sometime soon. I think it has something to do with the Farmer's Almanac. Has anyone heard anything about this? I want some more snow. This has been the best winter I've ever spent in the South.

yes, you are right. Supposedly this big storm is gonna be on the 20th, I believe. Supposed to be bigger than '93. So far, the almanac has gotten every snow right this winter, or at least the major ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina