Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:16 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalman View Post
Interesting that they only provide breakfast and no other meals.
It's also quite a bit cheaper than Target and some of the other big ones. ($40/day cheaper!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 07:36 PM

325 posts, read 863,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
It's also quite a bit cheaper than Target and some of the other big ones. ($40/day cheaper!)
Wouldn't work for me (food wise), but don't the companies handle much of the cost for workers?

Old 12-05-2011, 06:38 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,906,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsfinest View Post
If your living in the Wal-Mart parking lot right now n want me to bring you some hot choc let me know. I can't get one for everyone so first post wins.
I'll take a cup. Hope it doesn't cold before you get to Iowa.

Jasper Hobbs

Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
If your living in the Wal-Mart parking lot right now n want me to bring you some hot choc let me know. I can't get one for everyone so first post wins.
Sorry, by Terms of Service you can't do this.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 PM

325 posts, read 863,229 times
Quote:
Isn't Chateau Wal-Mart now officially closed down?

Old 12-05-2011, 06:50 PM

101 posts, read 219,127 times
Too bad I'm not up there in Williston....I would pass on the cholate but would say hi.

They still do the walmart down here in Dickinson...I see plugin poles set up even...have to check and see what those are for. Yeah small trailers are hooked up to them even and guys living in them...maybe employees. But there are guys in the lot living.

I go somewhere else...has TV and shower....for $8 a shower..

Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 PM

2 posts, read 10,228 times
Quote:
The norm is 6wks on/ 2wks off or 4wks on/ 2wks off. Also, you can just do 1 day off a week or work till you drop(my plan for the time being). It's up to you! Yes, the pay is accurate (Reg 40hrs/$10, OT 44hrs/$15) and you don't pay for housing, food, gym, satellite tv, wifi or anything(money in the bank). It's a good place to be with the winter freeze around the corner.
Hey SoCal!
I live about 40 miles from Williston...just moved out here and have been hearing around town about workin at the mancamps as a housekeeper or kitchen staff with housing and meals benefits...I am definitely interested! How do I go about getting into this? Or are such companies even hiring still? Love to hear back from ya!

Old 01-13-2012, 02:06 PM

111 posts, read 328,157 times
SoCal just curious what area you were at in California? I live in CA (always have) and so want to leave. Tired of the high cost of living here. Makes me sick when I look on Craigslist and see apartments similar to mine that are out of state for $500+ cheaper than that I pay here.

Have enjoyed reading your journey on here. Gives me some hope that I can maybe do something similar someday.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:23 PM

73 posts, read 202,977 times
Hey hey hey..... Guess who's back.... Sorry everyone for the long delay but I'm back.... I been working on an oil rig so I pretty much have no life what's so ever. I hope everyone I talked to is doing well and prospering up here.... Also, I have every limb and joint still attached to me body.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 AM

88 posts, read 220,170 times
So Cal,
All right, you've been there for what, 7 or 8 months now? Inquiring minds would like to know;
1. What are you doing now?
2. Have you received any promotions while there?
3. Are with the same company that you started with when you arrived?
4. Overall, what's different now than when you started your adventure?
5. Finally, are the mosquito's as huge as has been rumored?

Talk at you later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston