Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 34,923 times

Advertisements

Seriously, I understand this economy is tough for everyone, but it is especially rough for black men of all ages. I know most of you will give excuse after excuse, or say that they do hire minorities. With a rate of close to 20% usemployment, I would like some answers from because this is unacceptable. We can not have most black men relying on major private sector companies for employment. It does begin at the bottombwith small business's so all of you white small business owners be honest why would you not hire a qualified black man to do the job.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,041,572 times
Small business do hire black men, but I suspect that a lot of the potential workers fail the 'belt-test'.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:52 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,919,881 times
Possibly because so many have the accusatory "you" vs "us" attitude so aptly demonstrated in your post. No where in your post do you mention what skills you have to offer an employer. All you write about is what the rest of the world owes you.

If you want a job, you need to adopt a better attitude.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
Possibly because so many have the accusatory "you" vs "us" attitude so aptly demonstrated in your post. No where in your post do you mention what skills you have to offer an employer. All you write about is what the rest of the world owes you.

If you want a job, you need to adopt a better attitude.
Why did you assume I needed a job? Do you think the reason it is so difficult for black men to get employment is because people like you... specifically the interviewer assumes and has biases.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:19 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,919,881 times
Quote:
Why did you assume I needed a job?
If you had a job, you wouldn't have posted about this topic.

Quote:
Do you think the reason it is so difficult for black men to get employment is because people like you
Blaming me for your problems isn't going to solve them either. Do you see Barack Obama complaining about how white people have held him back?

Quote:
specifically the interviewer assumes and has biases.
Yep, i have a universal bias against all applicants and for myself--I only care about what they can offer me. I don't give a **** if their skin is white, black, olive, brown or rainbow colored. I didn't get a free ride and I don't give them.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:

Blaming me for your problems isn't going to solve them either. Do you see Barack Obama complaining about how white people have held him back?

Yep, i have a universal bias against all applicants and for myself--I only care about what they can offer me. I don't give a **** if their skin is white, black, olive, brown or rainbow colored. I didn't get a free ride and I don't give them.
Anyway, is there a reason why white folks are hesitant to hire black men.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:43 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,520,957 times
Quote:

Good, logical posts, Kodaka. Reps to you.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 PM

What is it with you white people always deflecting the question. It is like you act like racism does not play a role. why do you think unemployment is high in the AA community. Everyone is so afraid to tackle this issue. This is the reason why it's a problem. because peeps like most of you avoid it, thinking everything is ok, when it really isn't.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,510,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero977 View Post
Anyway, is there a reason why white folks are hesitant to hire black men.
Is this something you have experienced personally Or do you have facts and numbers to back it up? Just curious?
Maybe the reason why so many AAs are unemployed are because of lack of higher education???

Old 09-04-2011, 11:21 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,950,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero977 View Post
What is it with you white people always deflecting the question. It is like you act like racism does not play a role. why do you think unemployment is high in the AA community. Everyone is so afraid to tackle this issue. This is the reason why it's a problem. because peeps like most of you avoid it, thinking everything is ok, when it really isn't.
I am getting sick of everything framed in the face of race and I just don't care anymore.

You want the truth? Very few can handle the truth but here it is.

Maybe it is because there are so few qualified applicants?

The Bell Curve - Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment