Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post
Jesus Christ people.

WHAT.
IS.
WRONG.
WITH.
YOU.
PEOPLE?

WHATTTTTTTTTTT?
Self-employed and like what I'm doing so why stop? I'd hate retirement. I'd probably do more advocacy and pro bono, but frankly most of that is boring as hell so maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I would poop on the boss's desk, while she was working at it.
I'm thankful that I'm not your boss

Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,851,128 times
I would tell my boss to take this job and stuff it in person and then leave the office with uncontrollable laughter and emotional outbursts.

-Cheers.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,709,257 times
Ideally, I'd love to do an enactment of this scene from Jim Carrey's 'Liar, Liar':

Roasting the Committee Scene - Liar Liar Movie (1997) - HD - YouTube

But realistically, it's not worth the effort. I'd just quit on the spot, and when asked where I'm going, simply say 'I'm retiring'. Let them wreck their brains figuring out the hows and the whys.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 AM

18,476 posts, read 31,653,017 times
Even though I like my job and my co- workers, I would, at the end of the day just send an "E" mail to the 3 bosses that I am making it my last day, press send, (by this time all my personal files will have of been deleted from my computer), shut down my computer and go home, and never come back. I like my co-workers, but not to the extent of worrying or caring about them or work related issues.

I will them never hear or see any of them again anyway, and I am not interested either.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 AM

38 posts, read 92,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
Why are you trying to provoke a debate about this?? For heaven's sake, this is just a light-hearted daydreaming conversation. We all have different dreams. We don't have to come to any kind of agreement about this topic. You do your thing, I'll do mine. Just because you have a different idea of what you would do doesn't mean that you are right. There is no right or wrong response to the OP. So stop trying to argue. Lighten up already.

I think you are extremely argumentative; first i thought it was my post but now I see you argue everywhere ....

Old 10-13-2011, 01:48 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
I wouldn't say anything to my bosses, or anyone, at least until I'd met with my attorney, financial advisor, etc. Even then, I still wouldn't say anything to anyone except my closest family members. At the beginning of June (when school ends), I'd quietly give notice, allowing them three months to replace me before the fall. But I'd probably do something really nice, like throw a huge party (or a cruise, depending on how much I'd won), for my supervisors and co-workers. Plus, I'd hire a cleaning service to do the grueling end of the year cafeteria/kitchen cleaning to give them all a break.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:30 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,623,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I wouldn't say anything to my bosses, or anyone, at least until I'd met with my attorney, financial advisor, etc. Even then, I still wouldn't say anything to anyone except my closest family members. At the beginning of June (when school ends), I'd quietly give notice, allowing them three months to replace me before the fall. But I'd probably do something really nice, like throw a huge party (or a cruise, depending on how much I'd won), for my supervisors and co-workers. Plus, I'd hire a cleaning service to do the grueling end of the year cafeteria/kitchen cleaning to give them all a break.

Ohh please don't!!! I work with financial advisors-99% of them are dumb or shady..>!!!!

If I won the lottery I would quietly give my two week notice..I think Karma would kick in if I made a huge scene...btw my co-worker won fantasy five??? She won abour $250,000 and I'm one of three people who know. And yes she still works

Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
BTW, as one poster stated you might not be able to keep it quiet. Here in GA several years ago a woman won big and wanted to keep her job as a postal carrier, however, because of the fame, the postal service said she couldn't do it due to the possibility of kidnapping or other such horrific issues and they couldn't guarentee her saftey.

I'm amazed that some would want to continue to work, why not start your own biz, volunteer, etc.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:32 AM

404 posts, read 1,148,221 times
If I loved my job or not, I would leave regardless.

If I really loved my job and my coworkers I would do something nice and throw a thank you lunch or dinner farewell.

If I didn't like my job I would send a polite email to my superiors explaining I'm leaving tomorrow because I hit the lottery. I dont think there would be any objections. If your boss can't understand your reason he or she must be truly jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment