Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 11:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Healthy resume???
Is there something in that wording which you don't understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Is there something in that wording which you don't understand?
I;m not sure I understand what you mean that's why I asked for clarification.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:46 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I;m not sure I understand what you mean that's why I asked for clarification.
It would be off topic for me to embark on a clarification of common English word usage but if you google the definition of "healthy" and also google, "healthy resumé", "healthy salary increase", etc. you'll easily find the information you're seeking.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:48 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It would be off topic for me to embark on a clarification of common English word usage but if you google the definition of "healthy" and also google, "healthy resumé", "healthy salary increase", etc. you'll easily find the information you're seeking.
Why can't you just talk to me and explain it to me

Old 03-11-2012, 12:22 PM

114 posts, read 495,295 times
Yeah it seems in todays job world you need to know everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in order to find a job.

That is what has been going on the last 10 years or so when Bush was first elected.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:02 PM

222 posts, read 779,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parttimetechie View Post
I think it is more about the fit, and if it is a truely open position. I know I have "done my homework" on many jobs and known people who could help me get the job..and still didn't get it, saying I wasn't "the right fit" even though I was perfectly qualified and the interviews went great.
I totally agee with you - after you did everything, it is all about the fit... You never know what is the right fit..you think that you are 100% qualified, but might not be the thoughts of someone on another side of the table.
Sometimes it is personality. The hiring person just likes someone - that one will get a job. Personality is very important..sometimes even more than skills, experience.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpan78 View Post
I totally agee with you - after you did everything, it is all about the fit... You never know what is the right fit..you think that you are 100% qualified, but might not be the thoughts of someone on another side of the table.
Sometimes it is personality. The hiring person just likes someone - that one will get a job. Personality is very important..sometimes even more than skills, experience.
Exactly, it's already confirmed you can do the job when they scheduled a interview after seeing your resume. Like you said it's all about personality and how you fit in their culture.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpan78 View Post
When the interviewers find that 5-10 of the 100+ people that applied are 100% qualified, and there is only one opening, we have to consider other factors. One of those is how well we think you will get along with the other people you will be working with. That's where the personality comes in. Another is work ethic. People need to use the interview as an opportunity to set themself apart from the others who are equally qualified. Talking about
your dedication with examples will help a lot. If you like to be busy and always have more work than you can complete in a day rather than sitting around with nothing to do, say so. If you can handle multiple priorities and deadlines, give examples. When you think you did so well that you surely would be selected but were not, it's probably because someone else knew how to sell him/herself better. It's no longer enough to just be 100% qualified.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:19 PM

386 posts, read 1,052,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
When the interviewers find that 5-10 of the 100+ people that applied are 100% qualified, and there is only one opening, we have to consider other factors. One of those is how well we think you will get along with the other people you will be working with. That's where the personality comes in. Another is work ethic. People need to use the interview as an opportunity to set themself apart from the others who are equally qualified. Talking about
your dedication with examples will help a lot. If you like to be busy and always have more work than you can complete in a day rather than sitting around with nothing to do, say so. If you can handle multiple priorities and deadlines, give examples. When you think you did so well that you surely would be selected but were not, it's probably because someone else knew how to sell him/herself better. It's no longer enough to just be 100% qualified.

So its now about how best you can BS the hiring people? I can say i LOVE having 80hrs of work a week, can handle twenty projects any given day, and ill be there before and after the scheduled times...doesn't really tell you what kind of a worker I am, since obviously none of those things are true 100 percent of the time.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:23 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by parttimetechie View Post
So its now about how best you can BS the hiring people? I can say i LOVE having 80hrs of work a week, can handle twenty projects any given day, and ill be there before and after the scheduled times...doesn't really tell you what kind of a worker I am, since obviously none of those things are true 100 percent of the time.
Yup pretty much, fake conversation which is why I hate job interviewing and dating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment