Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,385,448 times

Advertisements

I saw this job ad online and was about to apply. Halfway through I was scanning Indeed.com and came across the same titled position. When I clicked the link, it was the exact same job but with another recruiting company. Only this one clearly said it was a temp job, which the first one did not.

So I aborted (I'm only seeking direct hires). I search again and come across a 3rd posting for a job that sounds eerily similar to the first.

This is the first time I have seen 3 different staffing companies advertising the same job, each with just slightly different information!

Is this new? Could these be fake ads?

Also, does this pay + education requirement sound completely insane to anyone else:

Quote:
Full Time
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
Category : Marketing/Product
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Some College Coursework Completed
Compensation : From 40.00 To 46.00 USD Per Hour
Posting #1 - Integrated Marketing Program Manager 3 jobs - Dice.com

Posting # 2 - Apex Systems Inc. - Integrated Marketing Program Manager III-3807-MD - Timonium, MD - Job Seekers - Job Detail

Posting # 3 - https://kellycareernetwork.tms.hrdep...ampaign=Indeed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I saw this job ad online and was about to apply. Halfway through I was scanning Indeed.com and came across the same titled position. When I clicked the link, it was the exact same job but with another recruiting company. Only this one clearly said it was a temp job, which the first one did not.

So I aborted (I'm only seeking direct hires). I search again and come across a 3rd posting for a job that sounds eerily similar to the first.

This is the first time I have seen 3 different staffing companies advertising the same job, each with just slightly different information!

Is this new? Could these be fake ads?

Also, does this pay + education requirement sound completely insane to anyone else:

Posting #1 - Integrated Marketing Program Manager 3 jobs - Dice.com

Posting # 2 - Apex Systems Inc. - Integrated Marketing Program Manager III-3807-MD - Timonium, MD - Job Seekers - Job Detail

Posting # 3 - https://kellycareernetwork.tms.hrdep...ampaign=Indeed
You didn`t get that other job? That sounded promising.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
You didn`t get that other job? That sounded promising.
Nope.

I followed up yesterday asking if they'd made a decision and the manager said they made "no progress" and will resume after Easter and thanked me for following up.

Yeah, I was confused too. But took that as a negative.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:39 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,850,789 times
I see multiple agencies advertising the same jobs quite a bit here, I guess it is a sign of how scarce jobs are.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
I see multiple agencies advertising the same jobs quite a bit here, I guess it is a sign of how scarce jobs are.
This is the first time I've seen this. The agencies I worked with were contracted by the employer to find the worker. I didn't think an employer would contract more than one agency.

And why would each ad be slightly different? Just seems real fishy.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 PM

831 posts, read 2,826,937 times
Clearly those ads are bogus. I don't even know why you would bother with something like that, it's a scam.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
Clearly those ads are bogus. I don't even know why you would bother with something like that, it's a scam.
I didn't once I realized they were on different sites. But Kelly Services I thought was a reputable company.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
The employer could have only contacted one of them, OP. Agencies often start trying to fill positions they have not been contracted for, hoping to call employer with an "ideal" candidate, and getting in on the hunt. It almost always fails. Corps do not care much as only one agency at most, will be owed any money.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,916,818 times
They are not bogus. Often a client will put out a job order to multiple agencies. The one who places the selected candidate gets the commission. It became obvious to me when I saw the same word misspelled word in several postings

Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I didn't once I realized they were on different sites. But Kelly Services I thought was a reputable company.
I see "Kelly" imbedded in some some other name and that just might be a scam to make people think its legit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment