Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 09:00 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
As he should. The revenue is used beyond profit to pay him, related taxes, income taxes, property taxes, materials, building costs, utilities, repairs, and any miscellaneous expenditures. Only an idiot would wonder why wage is NOT equal to value added. Labor took NO risk-their payment for services rendered was guaranteed to them, lest the DOL come after the risk taker.
Do you even know what value added means? Obviously not, or you wouldnt be interjecting materials, building costs, utilities, etc.

Labor value is sales price-expense of building item, less labor cost, how many times to I have to explain this concept to you before you get it? Its not that hard.

As for "risk" that is valueless and has no labor value. Its essentially money rewarded simply for owning capital.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
I am not going to worry what may happen a century from now.

As of right now, my position is secure and I'm going to live my life for me. It is not my responsibility to care about others en mass.
This right here is why the USA is in the condition it is right now. Thanks buddy!

Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
This right here is why the USA is in the condition it is right now. Thanks buddy!
Agreed - rarely do you see somebody so wonderfully sum up the "I've got mine, so to heck with you!" mentality that is killing this nation... Surprised it wasn't topped off with some more bashing of the unemployed or claiming that "a positive attitude" or eliminating all social safety nets will magically bring the jobs back! Ah, well... someday the facts will prevail and folks like that will end up in the same situation as the people they mock today.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 AM

640 posts, read 1,214,896 times
People in government and alot of others are in denial about the situation in this country. The evening news says all is okay now, economy is better, if you aren't finding a job it's your fault. It's your fault an entry level job needs a masters degree and 5 years experience all for $10 per hour if you're lucky. Then you have the right wing nutjobs who persecute disabled people because they have NO CHOICE BUT to rely on the taxpayer money. Remember, these are people who WANT JOBS.....BUT can't find any, and what they do find.....is IMPOSSIBLE to get hired for. Or even interviewed. As long as the troubles are "somewhere else" and not here, people figure it's ok not to care or something.....

Interviewing does not seem to be an option at this point of time. Those who have had enough have turned to crime, and suicide. Others have "given in" to the welfare state by popping out babies to get the extra assistance. I hope that many of the folks in both camps would prefer to have a job. Not many of these people have the money to pack up and move. There is no source for money. Family can't help for whatever reason. The general public calls them lazy scowls and animals who somehow aren't good enough. How to survive? Think about that. What is wrong with America? What is wrong with americans? Why do they treat each other like so? What recourse does an unemployed person have? There's no one out there who cares if their butt hits the sidewalk. Employers aren't hiring. Do they care if my butt hits the sidewalk? no. They want the almighty dollar and they will derail the people as hard as they can to scarpe by even if it screws out everyone else.

I'd like to have a long talk with whoever invented money and banks after convincing people that we needed it in order to survive as a society or planet. After you've been around long enough you start to wonder if certain things in society are doing more harm then good, after being advertised as so. Those turning to crime have nothing to lose, and don't care if they get hauled off to prison. As long as they are taken care of every night, they are satisfied.

I shouldn't have to tell you that there is a major fundamental problem in this society. After you get through all the political stuff, you realize it's a problem deeply rooted within human nature. That's when you get to the lower level beyond all the conspiracies. This is a downward spiral. These problems should be dealt with right now as I'm typing this but the puppet boy is probably out playing golf somewhere. Get that unemployed homeless guy out of the way, I'm trying to get 3 holes in 1 here.

The bottom line is......nobody is owed anything in life or allowed to have anything in life..........except me. And yes I'm being sarcastic for all the bigots reading this.

Last edited by silenthelpreturns; 07-30-2012 at 10:03 AM..

Old 07-30-2012, 09:54 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
As for "risk" that is valueless and has no labor value. Its essentially money rewarded simply for owning capital.
If risk has no value, why take any?

Old 07-30-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
If risk has no value, why take any?
Good question, because capitalism forces you to.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:30 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,439,477 times
Quote:
Good question, because capitalism forces you to.
Capitalism doesn't force you to take risk. There are plenty of people who don't take any risks at all in their lives and they live a pretty non-exciting, bland lifestyle. The one big disadvantage of that is that a lot of them don't make a lot of giant strides in life either. If that's what you want, there is nothing wrong with it. Just don't expect a lot out of life is all.

When I moved halfway across country after college on my own, that was a huge risk. I could have either failed miserably (no job with credit card debt used to make the move, on top of the student loans I already had) or had great success. I fortunately experienced the latter through a lot of hard work and determination. I surely wouldn't have this life if I decided to stay at home in my parents' basement. I'd probably be like the rest of my friends back home. Living at home with mom and dad, underemployed, and making barely enough to pay my bills.

Capitalism rewards or punishes risk, it doesn't force you to take it though.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Capitalism doesn't force you to take risk. There are plenty of people who don't take any risks at all in their lives and they live a pretty non-exciting, bland lifestyle. The one big disadvantage of that is that a lot of them don't make a lot of giant strides in life either. If that's what you want, there is nothing wrong with it. Just don't expect a lot out of life is all.

Capitalism rewards or punishes risk, it doesn't force you to take it though.
Capitalism forces somebody to take a risk, its because of some peoples risk that others have the option of limited personal risk.

Nobody would be required to take a risk without the concept of capitalism. That is fact.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:41 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,030,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Agreed - rarely do you see somebody so wonderfully sum up the "I've got mine, so to heck with you!" mentality that is killing this nation... Surprised it wasn't topped off with some more bashing of the unemployed or claiming that "a positive attitude" or eliminating all social safety nets will magically bring the jobs back! Ah, well... someday the facts will prevail and folks like that will end up in the same situation as the people they mock today.
Just start a business. That's the solution to all of life's problems. :roll eyes:

Old 07-30-2012, 10:45 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,439,477 times
Quote:
Capitalism forces somebody to take a risk, its because of some peoples risk that others have the option of limited personal risk.

Nobody would be required to take a risk without the concept of capitalism. That is fact.
Capitalism does not force you to do anything though. It only provides incentive. We could all not take any risk at all. Yeah, life then would be exceptionally dreary. We wouldn't have made much of the progress we have made today. But we all have the choice of living that way if we want. Some do, and their lives are usually not all that exciting.

But what capitalism has done is provide people with incentive to take risk or work harder so that they can achieve greater things in their life if they so desire. Fortunately for non-risk takers, capitalists who have taken on the risk and worked harder have provided us with possibilities that would have not been available if we all decided not to take any risk.

Look at it this way. My dad didn't have to take the risk of being rejected as a result of pursuing my mother. But he did. And thus I enjoy some of the bounties of their risk-taking: life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment