Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:09 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times

Advertisements

I'm also NOT a confrontational person when it comes to this. I've got a LOT of people that have witnessed all of this and said they'd go with me to file or to hearings or where ever they are needed.

No need to be, but you are well within your rights to file. When you asked the man not to touch you, it meant just that. Also, document, document,. As mentioned, save emails, FB posts, etc that are derogatory. i'm sorry you are going through this, but applaud you for standing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I don't think so. I think the EEOC cases are private info. However, if she files a lawsuit that would be public record. Considering what is going on, I think she has no choice but to take action.

True...yes the EEOC is backlogged...economy I'm sure...but if you decide to do it then do it. Don't let the EEOC backlog derail you. Whatever you decide good luck.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by second right View Post
Hi bunny,

I have noticed some email accounts don't allow the paste feature. For instance my roadrunner email doesn't allow for it so I have to use a yahoo email account. This may be the problem that the OP is running into.

Also, I would suggest she not only save it in an email (emailing it back to herself and to as many people as she trust) but to her computer by using paint or Photoshop if she has that program available.

I also suggest she save it to a special folder she creates on her desktop for easy access.
I am not familiar with roadrunner. I have noticed that if it does not allow you to paste, ctrl-v often solves the issue.

But, Gmail is free, I have Gmail, and I can use the feature...so, creating a free gmail account may be a good solution.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 PM

809 posts, read 2,187,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
I am not familiar with roadrunner. I have noticed that if it does not allow you to paste, ctrl-v often solves the issue.

But, Gmail is free, I have Gmail, and I can use the feature...so, creating a free gmail account may be a good solution.
Yes, Gmail is an option as well. I just tried Ctrl v and it does not work on rr.

Also, to the OP, as many mentioned please make sure you have several copies of back ups and keep them in as many different secure locations outside of your home as possible.

I went through a somewhat similar situation years ago and didn't have the benefit of computers and email. I had to do everything the old fashion way. BUT, I documented every single itty bitty thing, got written signed and notarized witness statements, even had a disposable camera that I used.

Once this evidence was presented to Unemployment...well let's just say EEOC was contacted and things went straight downhill from there for the individual that caused me problems.

I didn't sue. Got another job without any problem in my area of expertise, with much greater pay, benefits, hours AND most importantly working environment. (I know landing a job is much harder in today's economy).

You just have to make certain you have solid proof. It also helps tremendously to have the people that say they will stand behind you to do it NOW. I got witness statements within 7 days of leaving my job. I didn't wait to get fired. I walked out.

Good luck

Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,292 times
I am in the middle of filing with EEOC...I have 16 pages of evidence and 4 allegations including Gender, Sexual harassment, religion and retaliation....EEOC called me within 48 hours after receiving my documentation. I would LOVE TO talk to anyone whom has been through this. I have a Master's in Psychology and was trained by a MD/JD out of grad school and know how to document. My case if went to court is extremely strong. I am going to mediate. My advice to you as I have spent 40-60 hours reviewing laws, previous eeoc cases, talking to attorneys, etc...it depends on your evidence. I have 25-40 witness, emails, that EEOC. I will not leave mediation without a significant settlement. I was making $45.00 a hour and had contract.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:03 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,019 times
To the OP:

I really feel so bad for you. I hope you win this fight!

Too bad Gloria Allred is so busy or she could help you! (apparently she has something in the works to affect the presidential election)

Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,428,379 times
Ok, this is really making me mad.

Apparently the girl that took my place that was an abysmal failure at that job the last time she did it is now lying to the county executive about me. What it boils down to is she doesn't know how to do the job or how to find the things she needs so she's telling people and the county executive that I took everything and deleted files. Now the county executive is telling other people calling about getting some help out there the same lies about me! These are people that are heavily involved in the line of work I'm in which means it's going back to other agencies. Which means there's no way I'm going to get a job. These are people across the country, so it's not like I could even go apply for the job in MD that was recently posted because one of these groups may work with that agency too.

I can't get anyplace with an attorney; they all want me to go through EEOC. Do I have to start with EEOC?? I mean, I can't get a job because of this crap and now I'm starving here with no income. This is insane! How can one county destroy a person's career like this?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:23 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
So why are you avoiding the EEOC? Everybody from attorneys to random internet posters have advised you to file with the EEOC. Attorneys won't work with you, if you're not going to file the complaint. It beats starving.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:45 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Ok, this is really making me mad.

Apparently the girl that took my place that was an abysmal failure at that job the last time she did it is now lying to the county executive about me. What it boils down to is she doesn't know how to do the job or how to find the things she needs so she's telling people and the county executive that I took everything and deleted files. Now the county executive is telling other people calling about getting some help out there the same lies about me! These are people that are heavily involved in the line of work I'm in which means it's going back to other agencies. Which means there's no way I'm going to get a job. These are people across the country, so it's not like I could even go apply for the job in MD that was recently posted because one of these groups may work with that agency too.

I can't get anyplace with an attorney; they all want me to go through EEOC. Do I have to start with EEOC?? I mean, I can't get a job because of this crap and now I'm starving here with no income. This is insane! How can one county destroy a person's career like this?
dOCUMENT everything. if you have to write it in your own handwriting. get an Employment attorney, and keep pushing.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,428,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
So why are you avoiding the EEOC? Everybody from attorneys to random internet posters have advised you to file with the EEOC. Attorneys won't work with you, if you're not going to file the complaint. It beats starving.

I'm not avoiding them. It's just been one thing after another trying to get the paperwork in. Printer ran out of black ink so I was going to print the paperwork at a friend's house but she can't get her printer to work. Was going to stop and have it printed at one of the local stores that will print it off the flash drive but was going to stop two days that hubby had appointments and both days were really bad days and we had to get him back home immediately and on his oxygen. Just feels like everything is working against me. But yes, I do still plan on filing through them but wondered if it was necessary to do that too? At this point, it's not just me wanting them to fire the two yahoos there and do a better job of hiring for those positions, but it's a potential lawsuit for retaliation, hostile working environment, etc. EEOC didn't seem to care about much other than the sexual harassment. Although, the attorneys I talked to really didn't either. This whole thing is just so frustrating and stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
dOCUMENT everything. if you have to write it in your own handwriting. get an Employment attorney, and keep pushing.
I just talked to a friend that's an attorney. SO wanted to keep people I personally know out of it, but figured she'd be a good choice. She gave me a referral to an attorney that ONLY does this kind of stuff. Going to call him and see what he says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment