Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 PM

421 posts, read 880,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Seriously? And you want to watch children and have an attitude like that? I don't care what job you have, you should always approach it with your "full energy and attention". But to say that you watch a child without using your "full attention"?

I wouldn't trust you with my dogs.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust you with my plants.

It takes full energy and attention to watch a debate or analyze a difficult scientific issue.

It does not take full energy to watch a single child.

I always approach every task with making sure all the needs and wishes of the child are satisfied and give due thought to anything they say. But it doesn't take my full energy to do that.

If it took your full effort to watch one child, then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to watch more than one child, because you would have nothing left.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,170,062 times
What a train wreck. Can't help but to keep reading .

Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
What a train wreck. Can't help but to keep reading .

And what, precisely, classifies me as a train wreck?

If you had an opportunity to make $30 per hour to $50 per hour to watch kids, would you turn down the opportunity because it does not align with your perceived value of the average sitter?

Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,170,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo_pink View Post
I didn't say you were a train wreck.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I didn't say you were a train wreck.

OK, then what classifies this topic as a train wreck then?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,198,006 times
Quote:
Sorry I was away for a few days. Didn't get a chance to check the thread for new input. Will respond right away.

Well we all have different priorities.

Maybe these families are more interested in getting the best people to care for their children and/or have more disposable income.

But are you saying a 33% decrease for each additional child over the 1st one is best?
Well, $30 is more than I make in an hour. I have a college degree and years of experience. My "priority" is not being taken advantage of by a teen who thinks he knows it all because a 12 year old made up a number, or misheard her parents talking about money.

You could potentially make $30/hr if you can handle watching 5-6 kids at once, and you get paid $5-6/hr for each of them. There is no way anyone in their right mind will pay you $30/hr to watch 1 kid, or even 2. The only exception I can think of is if you are in Manhattan. Even then, I don't know how realistic it is.

Quote:
OK, then what classifies this topic as a train wreck then?
It is so far from being based is reality. We all know it, yet you just keep it going.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 PM

827 posts, read 1,090,544 times
Quote:

If you had an opportunity to make $30 per hour to $50 per hour to watch kids, would you turn down the opportunity because it does not align with your perceived value of the average sitter?
You're not going to make that babysitting. Not now, not ever.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:23 PM

404 posts, read 905,512 times
Well first and foremost is the fact that you are still holding onto the idea that you could make $30/hr or more even though literally everyone in this thread has told you it's unrealistic.

The second is that you think a 12 year old has any idea what they are talking about with regards to her parents spending.

Thirdly, you think someone will hire you even though you can't cook and admit to not putting all of your attention into caring for the child

The list goes on...

And you never answered my first question about how old you are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
You're not going to make that babysitting. Not now, not ever.

I know of a family who pays $50 per hour, so it's certainly possible.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
Well first and foremost is the fact that you are still holding onto the idea that you could make $30/hr or more even though literally everyone in this thread has told you it's unrealistic.

The second is that you think a 12 year old has any idea what they are talking about with regards to her parents spending.

Thirdly, you think someone will hire you even though you can't cook and admit to not putting all of your attention into caring for the child

The list goes on...

And you never answered my first question about how old you are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I knew about my parents' spending when I was 10 years old, so why should I automatically assume she is wrong?

I certainly put all of my effort into caring for the child, but I don't expend energy just for the sake of it. It only takes a portion of my possible energy to make the child fully happy, engaged in conversation, and safe.

Not everyone knows how to cook. You can still order high quality meals from outside and still turn a profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment