Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:37 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,435,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
Excuses MPowering1... Just excuses. I know those things happen but it's just excuses from companies that do poor work!

Well again I don't look for jobs I look for opportunities. While I know you proving information about what goes on in the world. I'm not having it as any but excuses made by people who aren't doing a good job and don't know how to change things. They may be trapped in a bad situation but that is also because they don't know how to change things.

I'm telling you people will be much happier and much better off by going the extra mile and following a much more personalize approach. Because the companies that go the extra mile deserve the candidates that go the extra mile and the candidates that go the extra mile deserve to work at good companies.
Rich youre really coming across as sophomoric here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 01:38 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,558,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Look Rich theres a difference between a business owner that builds their company from the ground up, and the business world as a whole.
I know about the life of a company and how it changes as different teams take over. But you're wrong. I'm not an employee. I'm not looking for a job. I have nothing to adjust to. I won't change to fit bad processes and poorly run companies. I'm sticking with what I see great people doing that are building great companies. If a good company comes along when I need work I'll offer to work *with* them. I don't have emp skills.

You are settling for less and contributing to the problems by not hold people to higher standards. You need to stop saying that's the way it is forget it and tell the truth. Companies that want good candidate use better processes. The ones that don't get the bad candidate. The candidates that are lazy don't find the good opportunities.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
You are quite right there is a lot of incompetence in the workplace. In fact it doesn't take much research to come to this conclusion. However, I'm not sure why you are wasting your time by either not founding a good company or working for a good company.
I'm looking for my next opportunity. I like to work 16 hour days. I find it strange that people continually complain about not finding jobs and companies complain about not finding workers. I don't take gossip as fact. So I investigate myself to find out what is the truth.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
He's trying to find a good company...
No I'm saying the reason companies get poor candidates is their process and the reason people can't find good companies is their process. I'm also saying there is a better process being used at good companies and by good candidates.

You must work as an independent recruiter. You continue to act as if I'm looking for a job.

Even though you say you know there is a problem. You won't admit there is a solution.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Rich youre really coming across as sophomoric here....
Explain how stating that following a better process instead of just complaining about the one that isn't working is being sophomoric?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:08 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,435,372 times
Quote:
I know about the life of a company and how it changes as different teams take over. But you're wrong. I'm not an employee. I'm not looking for a job. I have nothing to adjust to. I won't change to fit bad processes and poorly run companies. I'm sticking with what I see great people doing that are building great companies. If a good company comes along when I need work I'll offer to work *with* them. I don't have emp skills.

You are settling for less and contributing to the problems by not hold people to higher standards. You need to stop saying that's the way it is forget it and tell the truth. Companies that want good candidate use better processes. The ones that don't get the bad candidate. The candidates that are lazy don't find the good opportunities.
Which is it? You say you aren't looking for a job but then you said below that youre looking for the next opportunity. Then your first post said "I tried another job ad today." Are you just wasting companies' time?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Which is it? You say you aren't looking for a job but then you said below that youre looking for the next opportunity. Then your first post said "I tried another job ad today." Are you just wasting companies' time?
I'm looking for my next opportunity. I'm not looking for a job. No I'm not wasting companies' time. I can help all the companies I call.

You're saying that if a person isn't looking for a job and won't send a resume to a recruiter then they are wasting the company's time. More support for a process that both candidate and company complain about!

I'll say it again: I see both company and candidate complain about the recruiting process. I don't just take gossip as fact. So I take the time to find out for myself.

What I have concluded is that both complaints, the company complaints and the candidate complaints, are valid. The reason is due to the process they are following! I contend that the answer is to change their process. From what I see. The companies that are doing best at finding good candidates are the ones that take calls from candidates who go the extra mile and do their research before contacting the company directly.

I still am wondering if you have an ulterior motive to your posts. Do you have a reason to not admit the process is faulty and that to correct a faulty process it must be changed?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:34 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,351,562 times
Quote:
Seems odd that HR wouldn't know.
I think it seems odd, too, unless it hasn't gotten "down" to that level or they were pretending because you weren't supposed to call.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I think it seems odd, too, unless it hasn't gotten "down" to that level or they were pretending because you weren't supposed to call.
None of the ads I've followed said not to call. This one gave an email address and if I remember correctly it said reply with resume to <email>.

Oh my. I hope they weren't pretending. That would make sending info to an email before contacting the company an even shadier proposal. People at the company thinking it was a chance to clown around.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,648,165 times
Quote:
I'm looking for my next opportunity. I'm not looking for a job. No I'm not wasting companies' time. I can help all the companies I call.

You're saying that if a person isn't looking for a job and won't send a resume to a recruiter then they are wasting the company's time. More support for a process that both candidate and company complain about!

I'll say it again: I see both company and candidate complain about the recruiting process. I don't just take gossip as fact. So I take the time to find out for myself.

What I have concluded is that both complaints, the company complaints and the candidate complaints, are valid. The reason is due to the process they are following! I contend that the answer is to change their process. From what I see. The companies that are doing best at finding good candidates are the ones that take calls from candidates who go the extra mile and do their research before contacting the company directly.

I still am wondering if you have an ulterior motive to your posts. Do you have a reason to not admit the process is faulty and that to correct a faulty process it must be changed?

Don't most people know this? You can find a group of ignorant people who blame the company for everything job-related - not hearing back, hearing back but not liking how, hearing back and liking how, but not liking what was said, referring to dedicated employees as corporate sheep, and managers as sociopaths, etc. It's everyone's fault but their own that they aren't finding a job, or they have a job and just sound like children. And you can find a few people who ride in on their high horse telling people to move, tell others aren't trying hard enough, that they achieved this and that and everyone should be able to, blah blah blah. But aside from those extreme groups, most people know both sides of the argument are valid.

The process is flawed greatly, but it's what we have to work with. The pool of jobs is small enough, we don't need to cut it by 98% because people in companies are human beings just trying to keep their job, and don't have time to take calls.

There are plenty of articles out there about how top companies are attracting the most talented people. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel and using an ineffective method and calling it "research", you might want to check those out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment