Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 10:36 PM

3 posts, read 3,197 times

Advertisements

Retailers look for several things. Online shopping is taking our business away, so we are fighting hard to sell more to less foot traffic. In order to get into a retail position, you will have to prove you can sell.... you will need to have flexible availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Many people walk into my store and ask for an application when they see us standing there straightening. They have no idea what is going on behind the scenes... 80% loyalty signup, email capture, add-on sales, #items per transaction, # of people in vs. number of purchases. These are all goals we have to make daily. At the same time, we have to put stock out, recover the shelves, do floor sets, and all on a limited payroll budget. I love finding people who are enthusiastic about selling and meeting people...but getting all projects done and helping customers at same time isn't as easy as we make it look. If this sounds like something you want to pursue, by all means check us out! I manage a shoe store...the upside is that we don't have Black Friday crazy doorbuster sales...but we still open at 10pm Thanksgiving night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 09:32 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,314,380 times
Just to update, I have secured a position as a hospice telephone triage nurse...working from home! I can work in my PJs if I want to.

After 25 years in nursing, I can't wait to get away from the bedside. There you go, new grad RNs, another "old" nurse is leaving an acute nursing position open for you. No need to thank me, lol.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:54 PM

993 posts, read 2,292,491 times
Congratulations! Hope it works out well for you!

Old 02-14-2015, 08:46 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,572,361 times
Congrats, OP! I am thrilled for you and ''get it'' completely.

I just totally escaped 25 years of working in healthcare myself. I'd seen enough sadness, loss, death, and suffering and was so depressed, exhausted, etc. just like you described.

I make a whole lot less money but am so much happier. I have energy, sleep like a rock, laugh out loud, and thoroughly enjoy my new life. I am a totally different person and would not go back for any amount of money!

Old 02-15-2015, 01:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
That really is wonderful news, thank you for coming back and updating us!

I just got a home health nurse position. I can work from home, no traipsing into an office and my hours are midday to 10pm 4 days a week which suit me much better than 12 hour shifts. I am so happy to be away from the hospital environment.

All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment