Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 12:08 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
How would you know if a male or female is going commando? And what does it matter? I have no idea what is disgusting about that as long as the person is not flashing, which I doubt if they would be, why would it be an issue to you?
I shouldn't "know" either way, and I'm definitely not looking. So there would be a problem if it's unavoidably apparent. Why should an employee's indecency have any part to do with my day and my responsibilities in an office setting? (of course there are exceptions, like sports/fitness/showbiz environments, where indecency is part of the job you signed up for)

What I don't like is the suggestion that your fellow workers are interested in seeing someone who doesn't know how to dress appropriately... especially the suggestion that it's appealing. Stop assuming that your workmates are secretly attracted to you-- that's my biggest peeve, honestly. When you depend on work for your livelihood, you don't care who works there, or more specifically, how they look. Personally, I just want to work for how many hours, then go home to what's really important to me, while waiting for my check.

To be fair, we've all gotten up on the wrong side of the bed, and your attire may not be as sharp as it usually is. but it's not "okay," and it's not something that I would tolerate from an employee if it's apparent on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 12:23 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Being squeezed when I'm sick with bronchitis is not easy. Breathing is way more important to me than worrying about showing too much or coughing my head off when I need to be on the phone. I work from home so I don't have to wear one all day long. I tend to wear one when I go out to run errands only because the hot flashes make wearing layers more uncomfortable than wearing a bra.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:36 AM

161 posts, read 137,031 times
Default Braless..

The first thing I throw off once I get home from work is my bra!!

Stupid uncomfortable thing..if it's not the straps slipping down; it's the underwires!!

Until one day on a Sweatshirt Friday, I got home and realized I forgot to put mine on..oh well, it's not like anyone noticed..my boobs are like two nearly deflated balloons anyway..

At least I don't have to tuck them into my pants...yet..HA!!

Old 01-18-2016, 07:44 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Nope, that would not be comfy at all. My sister did have a colleague who went shirtless and braless under her blazer at work.

I've seen that before in the sales and marketing departments where I work.

I once walked in on one of them in the bathroom taping her breasts together.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:59 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,164,465 times
Some of you should really look into a professional bra fitting. If your bra is uncomfortable you probably are not wearing the correct size. They really aren't supposed to hurt.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:11 AM

17,211 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I detest wearing a bra. I think it's ridiculous that we have to wear wire and squish our boobs because people find nipples under clothes appealing/offensive.

I wear one because I have to, but if I can wear clothes that cover me adequately I will skip it.

I think women won't truly be equal as long as we have to manipulate our bodies in a hurtful way to please others. It's the modern equivalent of a corset. The only somewhat male equivalent is a tie, and I rarely see that even in corporate America. (Except lawyers, bankers, and execs)

First of all, pretty much every man not working outdoors wears an undershirt of some sort. The undershirt is the equivalent to a bra in terms of dress code. No one wants to see a man's nipples through his white button-up either.

Second, in the words of my wife, walking around braless all day is annoying. Large bouncing breasts aren't comfortable from what I'm told.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:21 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
they make the soft bras when you want to be relaxed-- covers you with out constriction

Old 01-18-2016, 10:45 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

First of all, pretty much every man not working outdoors wears an undershirt of some sort. The undershirt is the equivalent to a bra in terms of dress code. No one wants to see a man's nipples through his white button-up either.

Second, in the words of my wife, walking around braless all day is annoying. Large bouncing breasts aren't comfortable from what I'm told.
I have work both in an office environment and outside of one, and from my experience, men outside wear an undershirt more often than once inside.

I suspect the difference might be depending on where one lives.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:55 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Some of you should really look into a professional bra fitting. If your bra is uncomfortable you probably are not wearing the correct size. They really aren't supposed to hurt.
Agree. Though I do wear the right size, and some have a 10-15 hour limit! I haven't met one that is a 24 hour bra.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:00 PM

539 posts, read 523,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
You're male, aren't you? Shut up and listen, you might learn something.
honestly, it was more of a question than a statement. Relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment