Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 02:37 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

I'm a major breast lover, and frankly, I personally don't care whether or not a woman wears a bra. Plenty of women don't wear bras when out and about in public. Bustier women tend to, but many moderately-sized women can be seen in the grocery store without.

Aren't we all......

Don't wear a bra if you don't want to. People aren't going to force you to wear one. Just dress accordingly when in a professional setting.

Agree. I have yet to work with a man that walked around complaining about any part of a woman's anatomy. We really don't care. It's you ladies that give each other such a hard time.

Do what works for you. However, if you do come to work without a bra and breast exposed, don't be angry if you get a few looks from the men. Just animal instinct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 02:39 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,780 times
I honestly wouldn't mind if some of the naturally well-endowed ladies I worked with came to work without a bra - however, it would be extremely distracting

Old 01-18-2016, 02:52 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Some of you should really look into a professional bra fitting. If your bra is uncomfortable you probably are not wearing the correct size. They really aren't supposed to hurt.
Exactly. I would never wear a bra that was not comfy.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:01 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Briefs and boxer-briefs aren't particularly comfortable either, but it beats men walking around with **** flopping around side-to-side, or even men's arousal proudly displayed through their office slacks.

I'm a major breast lover, and frankly, I personally don't care whether or not a woman wears a bra. Plenty of women don't wear bras when out and about in public. Bustier women tend to, but many moderately-sized women can be seen in the grocery store without. The thing is, though, that women's shirts tend to be much thinner than men's, and tend to be somewhat see-thru under certain light conditions. It's definitely unprofessional for a woman (AND a man actually) to walk around with an exposed torso.

Don't wear a bra if you don't want to. People aren't going to force you to wear one. Just dress accordingly when in a professional setting.
I do wear bras in a professional setting and a large portion of the time outside of work, but I resent it tremendously. Just like men hate ties. What's so hard to understand? If a guy started a thread about not wanting to wear ties, I would say... Yeah it sucks. Beyond that, I wouldn't say anything because I am not wearing ties to work. I am sure there are some men who just love wearing ties, but the majority of men don't.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:13 PM

658 posts, read 1,143,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I do wear bras in a professional setting and a large portion of the time outside of work, but I resent it tremendously. Just like men hate ties. What's so hard to understand? If a guy started a thread about not wanting to wear ties, I would say... Yeah it sucks. Beyond that, I wouldn't say anything because I am not wearing ties to work. I am sure there are some men who just love wearing ties, but the majority of men don't.

there's nothing uncomofrtable about wearing a tie if you have a properly fitted/tailored shirt and know how to tie it.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:47 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
I thought of you today OP. My husband asked me to drop him off at the garage. I had on a baggy sweatshirt and some jeans. I dropped him off and realized we needed a couple of things so ran to the store. Halfway down the grocery aisle I realized I forgot my bra.....

Old 01-18-2016, 04:06 PM

777 posts, read 1,337,224 times
Haha, nope. I may be super small chested and people say I "don't need a bra," but please. I still have nipples, and I like them disguised by a nice thick layer of foam.

The only thing I've ever forgotten to put on when rushing out the door is my watch and my wedding ring. 'Tis only happened twice the past 4 years.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:47 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
I see shirtless men all the time in Houston. Just saw one running in January shirtless. It's 50 degrees and he just had to take that shirt off....lol

A bra is like a tie you have to wear every time you leave your house. Enough said.
Honestly I should have edited that better. I am not trying to say you never see a shirtless guy around here and yes they typically are runners but they are more the exception not the norm and they most certainly aren't the fat sloppy types with moobs.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:19 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderOCola View Post
there's nothing uncomofrtable about wearing a tie if you have a properly fitted/tailored shirt and know how to tie it.
So, you must be one of the men who enjoys wearing a tie. If you read my post, you would see that I did say some men and women like wearing bras or ties. I just don't think they are the majority of people. We do it because it's an expectation.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:47 PM

17,206 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
So, you must be one of the men who enjoys wearing a tie. If you read my post, you would see that I did say some men and women like wearing bras or ties. I just don't think they are the majority of people. We do it because it's an expectation.
I like ties

Hey, better for you if you don't like bras. You DONT HAVE to wear them. Just keep in mind that out in public, generally, exposed nipples are just a nono for both women AND men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment