Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 01:02 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times

Advertisements

I've never gotten so many reps before, LOL.

What is the first item most women take off at home? Mine is a bra, because they are all uncomfortable. Even my 100$ specially fitted bras and workout bras.

If a woman loves her bras that's fine. They can wear them 24/7 if they choose. There were and are women around who even love corsets. More power to them.

I just hate bras and resent the expectation that I MUST wear a bra.

I think it's hilarious all the guys chiming in defending bras. It would be like me defending ties. My hubby thinks they are the devil, who am I to disagree? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

First of all, pretty much every man not working outdoors wears an undershirt of some sort. The undershirt is the equivalent to a bra in terms of dress code. No one wants to see a man's nipples through his white button-up either.

Second, in the words of my wife, walking around braless all day is annoying. Large bouncing breasts aren't comfortable from what I'm told.
When the undershirt has wires that pinch your chest and dig into your shoulders I will concede your point. Undershirts don't work for women unless they have built in bras, which are almost as bad as regular bras. How about you try on a bra for eight hours and let us know if it's as comfy as an undershirt, LOL

Old 01-18-2016, 01:33 PM

17,203 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
When the undershirt has wires that pinch your chest and dig into your shoulders I will concede your point. Undershirts don't work for women unless they have built in bras, which are almost as bad as regular bras. How about you try on a bra for eight hours and let us know if it's as comfy as an undershirt, LOL
My wife seems to find the bras I get her to be comfy...

Old 01-18-2016, 01:39 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Same here. Ever since I heard they cause cancer, I stopped wearing one. Granted everything causes cancer these days but I'm not taking that risk. They're far too uncomfortable and inconvenient. It feels too artificial so I wouldn't be shocked if the thing about sagging later was true. A camisole works just fine.

It really shouldn't matter. I mean men go shirtless all the time and they sometimes have "man boobs". Yet if women shows as much as a dot on her shirt it's scandalous.

Women can be scandalous with nothing showing so the opposite can also be true. Just depends on the presentation of it.
Come on. This is hyperbole and you know it. Even if you were purposely being tongue in cheek for the sake of making a point my observations have been different. In my neighborhood it is considered low class for a guy to have his shirt off. The gyms, the guys doing landscaping all of them have on shirts even in the middle of summer. You have to go to a pool to see a guy with his shirt off.

So please stop trying to equate moobs as seeing someone woman without a bra. If moobs are nasty and something you don't want to see it equally understandable to realize that older women with not so tight bodies are equally undesirable to see without a bra.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
My wife seems to find the bras I get her to be comfy...
Pony up the brand and model then, because I have never found any bra comfy and I've been professionally fitted many times. I have owned hundreds of bras and some are okay for a couple of hours, but after that they are painful.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Come on. This is hyperbole and you know it. Even if you were purposely being tongue in cheek for the sake of making a point my observations have been different. In my neighborhood it is considered low class for a guy to have his shirt off. The gyms, the guys doing landscaping all of them have on shirts even in the middle of summer. You have to go to a pool to see a guy with his shirt off.

So please stop trying to equate moobs as seeing someone woman without a bra. If moobs are nasty and something you don't want to see it equally understandable to realize that older women with not so tight bodies are equally undesirable to see without a bra.
I see shirtless men all the time in Houston. Just saw one running in January shirtless. It's 50 degrees and he just had to take that shirt off....lol

A bra is like a tie you have to wear every time you leave your house. Enough said.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Pony up the brand and model then, because I have never found any bra comfy and I've been professionally fitted many times. I have owned hundreds of bras and some are okay for a couple of hours, but after that they are painful.
Just the standard VS stuff at 2 for $49.

I'm saying SHE likes them... Not everyone is going to find them comfortable, much like not all men like brief-type undies. Some actually don't like underwear at all, and prefer to go commando.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Just the standard VS stuff at 2 for $49.

I'm saying SHE likes them... Not everyone is going to find them comfortable, much like not all men like brief-type undies. Some actually don't like underwear at all, and prefer to go commando. It's still proper etiquette for men to wear underwear of some type.
I never said there weren't women out there who like wearing bras. Some do, but most don't enjoy it. They wear them to follow social conventions, to be sexy, or to have support while doing things to make them jiggle.

I just think it's an extension of corsetry and will fall be the wayside eventually like the corset and girdle.

I still think it's odd that men have an opinion on bras and their comfort. It's hilarious. I've never worn a jock strap or tie, so if someone tells me they are not comfy I tend to believe them. But whatevs.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I never said there weren't women out there who like wearing bras. Some do, but most don't enjoy it. They wear them to follow social conventions, to be sexy, or to have support while doing things to make them jiggle.

I just think it's an extension of corsetry and will fall be the wayside eventually like the corset and girdle.

I still think it's odd that men have an opinion on bras and their comfort. It's hilarious. I've never worn a jock strap or tie, so if someone tells me they are not comfy I tend to believe them. But whatevs.
Briefs and boxer-briefs aren't particularly comfortable either, but it beats men walking around with **** flopping around side-to-side, or even men's arousal proudly displayed through their office slacks.

I'm a major breast lover, and frankly, I personally don't care whether or not a woman wears a bra. Plenty of women don't wear bras when out and about in public. Bustier women tend to, but many moderately-sized women can be seen in the grocery store without. The thing is, though, that women's shirts tend to be much thinner than men's, and tend to be somewhat see-thru under certain light conditions. It's definitely unprofessional for a woman (AND a man actually) to walk around with an exposed torso.

Don't wear a bra if you don't want to. People aren't going to force you to wear one. Just dress accordingly when in a professional setting.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
My most comfy bras are Ewa Michalak. These have been great from first wear. Unless it is that time of the month, but then all bras suck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment