Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 10:00 AM

684 posts, read 514,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb View Post
I'm so tired of how SCARED people are when it comes to thinking for yourself. Most of my feedback in the last few years is either a. "You get too much into it" or b. "You push yourself too hard!" Like what the hell. If I want to think for myself and push myself, I'll do it. And I think it scares other people off when they see someone with imagination. "But no, a job is about people telling you what to do!"

Do you give all this feed back to others (and your posts here at CD) from the computer in your parents basement?

Seriously, tell us about where you live, meaning whats the set up; your parents house? an apartment, a trailer, or a room you rent, or do you own your own house?? What about the car you drive, and your 401K or retirement plans and how much money you earn all without filling us with lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 10:11 AM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Sorry, but such a person's resume would go straight in the shredding bin.

I'm seriously hoping the OP is joking.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:16 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,790,598 times
Quote:
I am physically fit with no disabilities or health problems. Strong, tall, no allergies, no dyslexia, no mental health problems, and by all means winner of the genetic lottery.

But if my resume was listed accurately, it would contain around 30 to 35 jobs (including casual and temp jobs - I've stopped counting). The last 3 years contain 6 jobs and periods of unemployment.

If it is asked "Have you ever been dismissed?" I always lie and say no. I have dropped out of adult education three times. The longest I've held a job was for 11 months when I was 28. I haven't been able to hold a job for a full year in my entire adult life.

In my last job crawl, it took me 4 weeks to secure my highest-paying job yet - and it's tediously easy. I didn't even bother working for 6 months. And in my previous job crawl, I was offered three positions within a matter of weeks.

We're not talking about law firms here or technical supervisor kinds of jobs. But at this stage, it's kind of beside the point. My supervisor is dull, my manager is an imbecile, and the management above that is too awash with money to care. I will never be without work. Companies are so confused and lost in their respective fields & industries that they will always pick me - experienced, ethical, self-training, self-motivated, and self-managing.

Often, the vacancy isn't simply the lack of labor, but a yawning void of confidence and personality. Companies seem so superficial and nihilistically empty of ethic or consideration that I just hustle for them for several months, clear their backlog, then get the hell out of there. Rinse and repeat, earning a better salary, benefits and status every time.

That's my attitude. That's my REAL resume. Would you hire me?
Frankly, you're either lying or a troll....You lie, you probably think everyone is a moron except you and you obviously don't want to denote your position as you're embarrassed by it and thus, it denotes your mental handicap...

Old 08-14-2016, 10:20 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Don't wag that finger here. I get bored of how employers like to throw jobs at me. If anything, companies are so predictable how they habitually lie through their teeth that learning to deal with them as psychopathic liars seems to guarantee me constant work, when I want it.
This is one point I will be able to agree with you. Retail store managers have contacted me about positions I applied for. When they promote entry-level positions with high turnover or cannot read applications thoroughly, I do not wonder why they are in a boondoggle to effectively manage their stores after I moved on from them.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:20 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
What have you done for work? What skills have you developed?

Dishonesty will not get you hired.

I would not presently hire you. You need to get yourself in the right direction. Finish your general education diploma requirements, get hired for an entry level position somewhere, and start developing skills and trades.
Not true. Honesty doesn't get you hired anymore. It's a new world of work, and it isn't pretty. Employers only hire unicorns who are pure as the driven snow, so a candidate needs to make him/herself appear to be such a creature. The only way most can be a unicorn is by lying. They have nothing to lose. What's the worst that can happen? Imperfect candidates either don't get hired for a job they wouldn't otherwise get hired at had they been truthful, or they get fired from a job they wouldn't have gotten hired at if they hadn't lied in the first place

Old 08-14-2016, 10:22 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,689,519 times
OP sounds like he went off the deep end here.

He was singing another tune last year...
I am 32 and still work in the service industry

... and note that he does not live in the USA.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:42 AM

684 posts, read 514,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

After reading his other thread from last year I must take back my earlier post (jab) about him living in his parents basement as it was a little harsh and out of line after seeing his overall situation.

Let me correct myself and start over,

What I now see is a young man who is totally frustrated and lost. He is looking for some clear advice to feel a little purpose and direction in his life. The advice he has gotten thus far is not helpful and just adds to his frustration.

Would I hire him, No! But that doesn't mean he isn't able to succeed in other areas or on his won. I have learned in life it's people like him who can do well but simply lack that one open door (opportunity) to prove themselves and thats simply what he's looking for.

I have a few ideas but not sure of the environment he lives in there over seas. Rural, City,? etc.. He did mention his father is contractor and there is a huge opportunity there for him to start his own company and work his skills to build up something for himself without going to school

I also agree with Dumb that school is not an option I'd pursue or feel worthy of the time and money invested. At this point in his life it would set him back further than helping him. Same goes with any type of trade school or other such direction, al a waste of time and money IMHO

He can start from very little and work hard and have something fast without these things.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:46 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not true. Honesty doesn't get you hired anymore. It's a new world of work, and it isn't pretty. Employers only hire unicorns who are pure as the driven snow, so a candidate needs to make him/herself appear to be such a creature. The only way most can be a unicorn is by lying. They have nothing to lose. What's the worst that can happen? Imperfect candidates either don't get hired for a job they wouldn't otherwise get hired at had they been truthful, or they get fired from a job they wouldn't have gotten hired at if they hadn't lied in the first place
If I was a hospital administrator hiring a surgeon, you applied, and you came up as not having a medical doctorate, a prerequisite, would I hire you for being dishonest?

Old 08-14-2016, 12:57 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,945,961 times
Quote:
... winner of the genetic lottery. ... The longest I've held a job was for 11 months when I was 28. I haven't been able to hold a job for a full year in my entire adult life.... my highest-paying job yet - and it's tediously easy. I didn't even bother working for 6 months.... I was offered three positions within a matter of weeks. ... My supervisor is dull, my manager is an imbecile, and the management above that is too awash with money to care. I will never be without work. ... they will always pick me - experienced, ethical, self-training, self-motivated, and self-managing. ... I just hustle for them for several months, clear their backlog, then get the hell out of there. Rinse and repeat, earning a better salary, benefits and status every time. ..
I personally wouldn't hire you, but apparently you've managed to survive on your good looks and narcissism by lying your way through interviews. Which works until everyone around you realizes post hiring that you hold them in complete contempt. Assuming this isn't just a troll post, of course. Nah, couldn't be.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:07 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,999,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

thanks for the info.

and as Paul Harvey would say............" and now you know the rest of the story "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment