Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:14 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
I'm guessing that the process of deciding what to do also involved multiple phone calls with the plumber or city management agency who had the water shut off or building management.

Water off. Definitely back on before end of today.
Water won't be on until sometime tomorrow morning.
Water will probably be off all day tomorrow.
Water might be on before business opens tomorrow.
Water may be on by noon tomorrow but it might be later.

7:00 am - great news. Water is on!

Sounds like the text should have said "the office maybe closed tomorrow and will confirm in the AM"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Were you going to watch TV and sports, guy?
No I planned on shopping most of the day. One coworker had planned on going to Atlantic City lol

Old 12-28-2016, 07:27 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
tiss the season to be fired/lay off for no reason.. Just a heads up. 3 more days for them to lay off people to keep from paying taxes. Just be glad you made it through the holidays, as most will not give a fk and drop you before the holidays, knowing that you cant find work till after the new year.
THIS! Makes paperwork (of all kinds) easier to fire in December. Most likely, there's going to be layoffs. You start filling out those applications and passing out those resumes and you don't stop until you get a new job. This is the beginning of the end. It may be a slow death, but a closing or merge will happen. Just how underhanded they did this is reason to leave if you're not in the first round of firings.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
I have to ask, what makes you think this is something bad?

Was the company not doing well?
Was there rumors of a layoff?
Has your pay checks been late?

Or, are you concern that it may be you?

Were you a slacker who you fear is going to be canned?
Have you been complaining and whining about life to the point of being annoying?
Do you over react at work causing your managers to think you're too immature for the job?

What if it was nothing more than some dumb butt kid with a new drone who crashed it into the power lines and the place is dark, or, maybe a bit too much fruit cake backed up in the plumbing and the place isn't fit for all employees to return to work.

You must have some reason for you to become fearful, so spit it out!
OP has a brain. That isn't a good message to receive. Anyone can be fired. Anyone.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
THIS! Makes paperwork (of all kinds) easier to fire in December. Most likely, there's going to be layoffs. You start filling out those applications and passing out those resumes and you don't stop until you get a new job. This is the beginning of the end. It may be a slow death, but a closing or merge will happen. Just how underhanded they did this is reason to leave if you're not in the first round of firings.

That was not the case it was a plumbing issue which I did not know because my supervisor has no clue on how to send a text with "important details."

Old 12-28-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
But if they were closed due to a plumbing issue, then why have anyone come in?
This. Usually the whole building is shut down and no one comes in. I like the responses claiming someone got ill and not only broke a toilet but the entire build's plumbing. I'm imaging things from the ending of The Lost Boys.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
This. Usually the whole building is shut down and no one comes in. I like the responses claiming someone got ill and not only broke a toilet but the entire build's plumbing. I'm imaging things from the ending of The Lost Boys.
That's a good question because if the bathroom could not be used why would anyone be in the building? I will ask that question tomorrow when I return to work. lol

Old 12-28-2016, 07:37 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
My supervisor doesn't know how to send a text message to staff about work issues.
Heres a nice tip
Dont read your email or work mail off hours
Simple

Old 12-28-2016, 07:40 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
... and some of the lowly employees don't know how to turn on their phone ringer! Seems both sides are showing stupidity!
What happen to work life balance
Turn the damn work phone off
Leave work at work

Old 12-28-2016, 07:46 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,347,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
People in other departments got a detailed text explaining the issue and to be available the next morning just in case anything changes in the AM. It's just that my supervisor has no idea how to send a text when there is a situation like this. Someone showed me the text they got from their supervisor and I was in complete shock at how informative and detailed it was to all her people.
Well then, you be sure to march right into your supervisor's office and teach her how to send a text that meets your standards next time!

btw, I would think (hope) there are many things more worthy of being shocked by.

Last edited by applej3; 12-28-2016 at 07:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment