Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 08:38 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,632,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
tiss the season to be fired/lay off for no reason.. Just a heads up. 3 more days for them to lay off people to keep from paying taxes.
Huh? Taxes are paid on your wages. Doesn't matter if you work 40 hours a week or 12. Taxes are paid based on those wages. Everyone pays taxes so this doesn't make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 09:22 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,347,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Well it turns out my supervisor called this morning to let everyone know the office is open but since my ringer was off I never got the call. Now I'm heading to work 2 hours late and had to cancel all the things I had planned today because I'm no longer off.
Dont answer the phone

Old 12-28-2016, 09:24 PM

1,281 posts, read 777,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
Dont answer the phone
I didn't I was sleep but saw the text when I woke up 2 hours after she called.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I didn't I was sleep but saw the text when I woke up 2 hours after she called.
Doesnt matter
Dont answer back to it
Pretend you never saw it
Wait until you head back to work

Old 12-28-2016, 09:53 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,011,866 times
Quote:
Lots of people turned their ringer off when they were notified the office would be closed today.
So why all this baby drama over nothing? If they told you the office was closed for the day, the office was closed and you are off! Nothing that occurred afterwards is meaningful as they already told you not to come in. Sometime that evening is when you should be next checking to see if the office is still close. You do that every morning and every evening. It seems you are looking to whine and cry over everything they do.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
So why all this baby drama over nothing? If they told you the office was closed for the day, the office was closed and you are off! Nothing that occurred afterwards is meaningful as they already told you not to come in. Sometime that evening is when you should be next checking to see if the office is still close. You do that every morning and every evening. It seems you are looking to whine and cry over everything they do.
I been at the job for three years and never received a text like that so you should understand why it caused concern.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:10 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,011,866 times
Quote:
I been at the job for three years and never received a text like that so you should understand why it caused concern.
and people wonder why we need H1B visa holder in this country!

Old 12-28-2016, 10:51 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Totally. Seriously, for many of us our jobs are our lives. We survive because of them, and if we were out for any period during the depression, things like this are terrifying.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Totally. Seriously, for many of us our jobs are our lives. We survive because of them, and if we were out for any period during the depression, things like this are terrifying.
And people have a life outside of work too

Old 12-28-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Now of course if that ever happens again I know it's no biggie but it was my first time ever receiving a text like that from my supervisor. I was trying to figure out what the hell she was talking about all evening until I got in touch with someone on facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment