Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 10:21 AM

1,166 posts, read 876,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Until you get busy, have to bring on an additional mechanic, and meet a young whipper snapper who does the same thing to you (always bucks the system) as you did to your employers.

Won't be nearly as great.
So there's never a justified reason to "buck the system"? What if favoritism is rampant in that system? What if you are held to unreasonable standards? What if all they want to do is make you work more and pay you less? That to me seem like very justifiable reasons to "Buck the system".

Also, that will never happen, as this is a one man show. I work much better when I'm alone, having another person around is just a distraction to me. They'll get in the way and slow me down more than they'll help me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 10:56 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
So there's never a justified reason to "buck the system"? What if favoritism is rampant in that system? What if you are held to unreasonable standards? What if all they want to do is make you work more and pay you less? That to me seem like very justifiable reasons to "Buck the system".

Also, that will never happen, as this is a one man show. I work much better when I'm alone, having another person around is just a distraction to me. They'll get in the way and slow me down more than they'll help me.
I like you Jimmy. I really do. The problem is you look at the world as black or white. You use words such as: "must", "never", "all". You're an idealogue. Unfortunately, business world is not nearly as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

Relax, you're too young to look at the world in such radical terms.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:02 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
we have to stand up against these people and either force them into compliance, or force them out of business. We either must make them bend to our will or destroy them, there's no room for their BS in the workforce.

BS is a matter of opinion.
That you want to make people behave the way you want them to behave is pretty scary.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:52 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
BS is a matter of opinion.
That you want to make people behave the way you want them to behave is pretty scary.
Its not scary, its how differences have been settled through all of man kind, the present day USA is an anomaly. Weak greedy little trolls have been able to thrive under a police state that protects them, so they have free rein to scheme and concoct ways to fleece people without fear of violent retaliation if their business practices are sketchy (but they find cleaver ways to loop hole there way around the legal system). They rarely have to fear the gun being pointed at them or their families due to their behaviors.

This is not normal in world history. If you were a merchant in the old world and did something shifty it may get you killed. Not so in the USA, I don't think our system will survive much longer without massive reform and that reform will have to be simplifying the laws and busting up these businesses engaged in even the slightest questionable business practices.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:43 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I don't think our system will survive much longer without massive reform and that reform will have to be simplifying the laws and busting up these businesses engaged in even the slightest questionable business practices.
You're serious?
(Not that I'm not a hater of corporate greed and all the crap they get away with.. but they do run our country and have for years.)

Old 06-28-2017, 02:14 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
You're serious?
(Not that I'm not a hater of corporate greed and all the crap they get away with.. but they do run our country and have for years.)
Typically empires like ours fall to military action, either internal or external. When some force knows that the vast majority of people no longer support the social structure that is when events will occur.

when the military and the people no longer support the status quo it will leave the USA ripe for picking. If you look at history once the catalysts are in place (extreme stratification of wealth, moral debachary (rome's aristocracy was soft and would dittle little boys), and a military that was completely divorced culturally and socially from the ruling classes) THEN things can go from "your crazy it can never happen" to the USA ending through military action from where ever.

People say, oh well that will be nuke war and the end of the world yada yada, well not if the military hates our aristocracy, why would they launch nukes at the behest of the eliet?

This is why officers and high ranking enlisted are always cycled around so they can never form a power base, if all these officers sat in one command they could all collude and one day say hey I have the jets you have the tanks this guy has special forces, everyone takes a secret vote and that's the end of the civilian govt and all the cronyism that goes with it.

We have already checked a lot of the boxes, if not all of them, to create this situation. the only thing preventing an event is the eliets very cleaver and tight control of every single moving part. I cant imagine its getting any easier for them as more and more of the population hate the filthy rich. Touting their trite montra of adam smith is not going to work for them to much longer and pretty soon the whole machine falls apart.

Anyone with an IQ higher than 80 knows that one individual person by their mid 30's or 40 cant generate a billion dollars in actual value no matter how smart or hard working they are (heck even by the time your 60). That wealth has to be stolen. No ones time talents or cleverness can generate a billion dollars unless they cleverly steal it (through legal means of course ). A billion dollars in wealth is generated through technical creativity and labor (of a lot of people) not financial shell games played by one or a few people.

When the Lord Jesus has had enough he will create the catalyst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment