Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 11:03 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Not sure how many of the 15-20k are American jobs that will be lost at Ford, but the good news for them is that there are nearly 7.1 million job openings in the US. A new record according to ZipRecruiter.

Hopefully they will all be able to find work.
Hopefully they are well paying. All too often today jobs are replaced with low pay service sector jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 12:27 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,143,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I’m not defensive I’m just telling you what’s it like, and for people to say that Ford doesn’t know what it’s doing is just beyond ridiculous. Ford is a Fortune 500 company have been in business for over 100 years and have the best selling vehicle in the USA for 40 years. I think Ford ending sedans except for the Mustang is a good business move. Gm is cutting sedans along with Chrysler sedans are not selling. Ford knows what it’s selling and not selling.

We will see in a few years when Ford isnt doing so good, when they drop all their sedan sales. As for Ford knows whats selling, their sedans arent selling, as I listed all the flaws with them that cause them not to sell.

Sit in a Taurus and there is zero reason to buy it over a Explorer, if they are similar in price. I look in my parking lot at work an all the new sedans are Accords, Camry, Malibu's, Sonata and Optima's. Small sedans are Civics, Elantra/Forte, or Corollas. Not a 2017+ Fusion or Focus to be seen.

Have Ford stop with this BS tiny Eco engines and put a competitive engine n the Focus with a 8spd transmission and they would sell a bunch like they used to.

Add more power to the Fusion and use a 8spd auto to compete with everyone else and get rid of the shift knob and refresh the grill and it can take on all the other sedan I listed much better.

Like I said before Ford doesnt put the effort into its sedan that would help them compete better and i they did, they would have much more sedan sales.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:48 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,765,143 times
Ford has a new line of sedans that European critics are quite enthusiastic about, they just aren’t going to sell them here.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:57 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
We will see in a few years when Ford isnt doing so good, when they drop all their sedan sales. As for Ford knows whats selling, their sedans arent selling, as I listed all the flaws with them that cause them not to sell.

Sit in a Taurus and there is zero reason to buy it over a Explorer, if they are similar in price. I look in my parking lot at work an all the new sedans are Accords, Camry, Malibu's, Sonata and Optima's. Small sedans are Civics, Elantra/Forte, or Corollas. Not a 2017+ Fusion or Focus to be seen.

Have Ford stop with this BS tiny Eco engines and put a competitive engine n the Focus with a 8spd transmission and they would sell a bunch like they used to.

Add more power to the Fusion and use a 8spd auto to compete with everyone else and get rid of the shift knob and refresh the grill and it can take on all the other sedan I listed much better.

Like I said before Ford doesnt put the effort into its sedan that would help them compete better and i they did, they would have much more sedan sales.

You don’t really get it do you read this maybe just maybe you will see that cars are not selling only full size SUVs and CUV’s and full size pickups are selling.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/1188847002/

Old 10-16-2018, 06:56 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Then the sales figures are just false right the F150 isn’t the best selling vehicle in the country for the past 40 years right the press is lying about the sales numbers. You all have it wrong and live in a bubble. And you know nothing about the automotive business. You think you do but you don’t. We’re i live we eat and breath the automotive industry. And i live by the Ford Dearborn Truck assembly plant Ford sells a F150 every seconds why is that so hard for you all to believe. You all on here live in a fantasy world hay people come back down to earth the sales figures don’t lie. Get out of your little world and look around in parking lots in Walmart or target what do you see people driving.
I do believe it, I believe they are at mine sites and oil fields getting tore to chit and sold off at auction once they hit 100k. Fords are aweful trucks for the average person to own, they dont have longevity, they cost a fortune to initially buy. Regular people trying to make the rent cant buy a 60-80k truck to scrap it after 5-10 years.

I dont know what you dont understand about this, they do have great sales, just not to ordinary people who need a reliable vehical to get to and from the grocery store.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I do believe it, I believe they are at mine sites and oil fields getting tore to chit and sold off at auction once they hit 100k. Fords are aweful trucks for the average person to own, they dont have longevity, they cost a fortune to initially buy. Regular people trying to make the rent cant buy a 60-80k truck to scrap it after 5-10 years.

I dont know what you dont understand about this, they do have great sales, just not to ordinary people who need a reliable vehical to get to and from the grocery store.
Boy you are so wrong you better get out more and see what people are driving. Do you really think all the F150 sales are sold to companies or contractors, you are so off base. Someone on here please explain to this person that F150 trucks are sold to the general public in great quantities. Do you really think that companies are buying the F150 platinum edition to construction companies. I’m done talking to you because you haven’t a clue about the automotive industry i live in metro Detroit the home of were Ford makes the F150. You just keep on thinking you’re way but you haven’t a clue about Ford or any of the big3. Like i said get out your small world and look around. Check out this link yea i guess that the 32 million Americans who bought the F150 are just a figment of my imagination.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcc.../#245821224737

Old 10-16-2018, 10:11 PM

850 posts, read 902,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post

Ford makes an amazing full size pickup truck with the F-Series but that is all that ford has to offer. Automakers like Toyota have a more balanced sales portfolio. They aren’t heavily dependent on their sedan sales and aren’t heavily dependent on pickup truck sales either. Toyota has segment leading vehicles in the midsize sedan market (Camry) on pace to sale 350k units, Compact SUV (RAV4) on pace to sell 450k units, midsize SUV (Highlander) on pace to sell 250k units may beat the explorer for the first time in years, and Midsize Pickup (Tacoma) on pace to sell 250k units. Toyota has 4 segment leading vehicles while Ford just has the F-Series as their only segment leading vehicle.

Toyota’s revenue for fiscal year 2018 is $265 billion dollars and is the sixth largest revenue grossing company in the world while ford is the 22nd largest revenue grossing company in the world with $156 billion dollars in revenue. Ford’s revenue is down over a billion dollars this year which might explain the layoffs. Ford thinks pickup truck and SUVs are the only vehicles that matter but having a diverse sales portfolio is more beneficial for a company. Ford is putting all their eggs in one basket by focusing on only pickup and SUV sales.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:17 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Boy you are so wrong you better get out more and see what people are driving. Do you really think all the F150 sales are sold to companies or contractors, you are so off base. Someone on here please explain to this person that F150 trucks are sold to the general public in great quantities. Do you really think that companies are buying the F150 platinum edition to construction companies. I’m done talking to you because you haven’t a clue about the automotive industry i live in metro Detroit the home of were Ford makes the F150. You just keep on thinking you’re way but you haven’t a clue about Ford or any of the big3. Like i said get out your small world and look around. Check out this link yea i guess that the 32 million Americans who bought the F150 are just a figment of my imagination.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcc.../#245821224737
I can’t afford to get out anymore as I got cut from my oil and gas job and I am working at a liquor store as a professional engineer. Maybe someday when I get a real job.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Chemist View Post
Ford makes an amazing full size pickup truck with the F-Series but that is all that ford has to offer. Automakers like Toyota have a more balanced sales portfolio. They aren’t heavily dependent on their sedan sales and aren’t heavily dependent on pickup truck sales either. Toyota has segment leading vehicles in the midsize sedan market (Camry) on pace to sale 350k units, Compact SUV (RAV4) on pace to sell 450k units, midsize SUV (Highlander) on pace to sell 250k units may beat the explorer for the first time in years, and Midsize Pickup (Tacoma) on pace to sell 250k units. Toyota has 4 segment leading vehicles while Ford just has the F-Series as their only segment leading vehicle.

Toyota’s revenue for fiscal year 2018 is $265 billion dollars and is the sixth largest revenue grossing company in the world while ford is the 22nd largest revenue grossing company in the world with $156 billion dollars in revenue. Ford’s revenue is down over a billion dollars this year which might explain the layoffs. Ford thinks pickup truck and SUVs are the only vehicles that matter but having a diverse sales portfolio is more beneficial for a company. Ford is putting all their eggs in one basket by focusing on only pickup and SUV sales.
Toyota sedan sales are way down also Ford has new SUVs and CUV’s in their pipeline, listen do you think a historic company like the Ford Motor Company the company that put America on wheels and the inventor of the assembly line doesn’t know what they are doing than you are completely wrong. Don’t you think that they study the competition don’t you think they know what the other automakers are doing. Until you have worked for a automaker and you live and breath automotive like we do here in metro Detroit we see everyday what’s going on in the automotive industry. Most here have family and friends who work in the big3 we know what’s going on before the news dose. And Ford has allot coming out in the next couple years to boost their lineup and sedans are not part of it except the Mustang. And Ford has more than just the F series pickups they have Explorer, Escape, expedition, the new Ranger and Bronco is coming soon so Ford is no worried about Toyota and besides even if the F-150 is their only vehicle it’s selling better than any Toyota because the F-150 is the best selling vehicle in America and Toyota wishes it could compete with the F-150 but it can’t.

Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. said vehicle deliveries in the U.S. fell 2 percent to 223,055 in August, which had the same number of selling days in 2017.

A best-ever month for light-truck sales was not enough to offset a 16 percent decline in car sales to 78,410 for the automaker. The Toyota brand's car sales dropped 15 percent, while Lexus car sales decreased 20 percent.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:46 AM

For all you sedan lover especially Toyota,sorry to say their cars aren’t selling as good as their SUVs and Pickups just like Ford.

Toyota

Edmunds forecast: 0.5 percent

Cox Automotive forecast: 1 percent

Actual results: -2 percent (223,055 vehicles)

The Japanese automaker's stalwart passenger cars struggled mightily for the month, falling 15.6 percent.

But its SUVs, crossovers and pickups increased 7.4 percent.

The Camry sedan plummeted 18.6 percent. But the 4Runner, Highlander and Land Crusier SUVs rocketed up 24.2 percent, 23.6 percent and 22.4 percent, respectively.

Overall, the namesake Toyota brand fell 1.2 percent, while the luxury Lexus lineup declined 7.1 percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment