Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 01:57 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,417,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Ford isnt putting the efforts into the sedans like they are into the Pickups and CUV's.

Ford Focus had a defective Dual Clutch Transmission in it for years to the point where many would probably never buy a Focus again.

Ford Fiesta had the same problems as the Focus.

Ford Taurus was a giant Heavy Full Size Car with a Mid Size interior and when Ford fixed all the complaints of the Taurus, they send that car to China and keep the current Taurus here SMH

Ford Fusion is doing well, but a Malibu, Sonanta, Accord and Camry seems to be better cars, why the Fusion sales are dropping too.

The 2018 Camry is on pace to sell 300K this year, so plenty of people are still interested in Sedans, and Fords lack of effort is why people are starting to buy other Sedans instead of their own.
Ford doesn’t need sedans anymore so what about Toyota Camry, Toyota can’t touch Ford in pickup sales. The American people want full-size pickups and SUVs and CUV’s. You really think you know better than Ford a company that’s been in the automotive business over a 100 yrs, the company that put America on 4 wheels. You know nothing about the automotive business so you’re opinions mean squat. Ford knows what vehicle sell and don’t i love all the automotive experts on here who think they know the business better than the companies that actually are in the automotive business. And you think that 300,000 low profit Camry is allot compared to Ford would sell more than 941,000 of the F series pickup trucks in 2018, so there you go. More profit on pickups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 01:57 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,113,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Why should they they make way more money that the blue-collar worker on the assembly line and most of the time it's the UAW worker getting the shaft mot the white collar worker. The UAW has taken many concessions to help the company way more than their white collar work staff.I live in Metro Detroit I see it everyday. Most of the time its closing plants and laying off UAW members by the thousands.
Because engineering programs are hard, really hard, the problems engineers solve are hard, some of the problems are really hard. But they are falling WAY behind in terms of respect, pay and job opprotunities. BUT I dont know if that is world wide or just in the crappy nasty dog eat dog USA.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
A Ford Ranger is not even close to a F150 2 completely different pickups you had a little baby pickup not a full size F150.
Its still a ford and should not be falling apart at 120k miles. Anyways I traded it in for a tundra years ago and the tundra is amazing. Yea it cant tow an air craft carrier 100 miles in a hurricane ...... but I dont need it to, I just want it to run for ever going to the grocery store or to visit family maybe move a few odd and ends.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Its still a ford and should not be falling apart at 120k miles. Anyways I traded it in for a tundra years ago and the tundra is amazing. Yea it cant tow an air craft carrier 100 miles in a hurricane ...... but I dont need it to, I just want it to run for ever going to the grocery store or to visit family maybe move a few odd and ends.
The Tundra is no we’re near the F150 Toyota wishes it could come close to sell as many Tundras as Ford does with the F150. The F150 has been the best selling vehicle in the USA for 40 years in a row. And the new Ford Ranger and Bronco will also be a great selling vehicle for Ford.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
The Tundra is no we’re near the F150 Toyota wishes it could come close to sell as many Tundras as Ford does with the F150. The F150 has been the best selling vehicle in the USA for 40 years in a row. And the new Ford Ranger and Bronco will also be a great selling vehicle for Ford.
But I dont need an F150 and would rather have the longevity vs extreme performance.

Old 10-15-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
But I dont need an F150 and would rather have the longevity vs extreme performance.
Well not everyone is like you most Americans want a full-size pickup and that’s why the F150 has been the best selling vehicle in the USA for 40 years you can’t argue success can you. Ford is a billion dollar company they didn’t get there bye not knowing what they are doing. Like i tell people until you get your own auto company stop trying to tell Ford how to run theirs.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:00 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
We have several F150 at work in our fleet. After having to drive it every once in a while. I would never buy one. The aluminum bed dents just looking at it. You better get some kind of a liner. That commercial where they drop a tool box in the bed and it goes through the bed, true. Standing on the open tailgate, you get the feeling its going to fold up. So light you can lift and close with one finger. I see plenty new ones around town. They do drive good. The ones I see, I dont think people get these to haul stuff around. No one is spending $65,000+ on the optioned out trucks and beating the chit out of them.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:11 PM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Well not everyone is like you most Americans want a full-size pickup and that’s why the F150 has been the best selling vehicle in the USA for 40 years you can’t argue success can you. Ford is a billion dollar company they didn’t get there bye not knowing what they are doing. Like i tell people until you get your own auto company stop trying to tell Ford how to run theirs.
Why are you so defensive?? You act like people are insulting you personally by saying they don't want a giant truck.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Why are you so defensive?? You act like people are insulting you personally by saying they don't want a giant truck.
I’m not defensive I’m just telling you what’s it like, and for people to say that Ford doesn’t know what it’s doing is just beyond ridiculous. Ford is a Fortune 500 company have been in business for over 100 years and have the best selling vehicle in the USA for 40 years. I think Ford ending sedans except for the Mustang is a good business move. Gm is cutting sedans along with Chrysler sedans are not selling. Ford knows what it’s selling and not selling.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I’m not defensive I’m just telling you what’s it like, and for people to say that Ford doesn’t know what it’s doing is just beyond ridiculous. Ford is a Fortune 500 company have been in business for over 100 years and have the best selling vehicle in the USA for 40 years. I think Ford ending sedans except for the Mustang is a good business move. Gm is cutting sedans along with Chrysler sedans are not selling. Ford knows what it’s selling and not selling.
Thats fine, but its true they start falling apart and requiring VERY expensive mx WAY before a tundra does. Your millage will very, my ranger starting having super expensive problems shortly after 100k miles which is almost nothing, in this economy I dont want to have to buy a new super expensive truck every 10 years. I need my stuff to last and I dont want to bust my azz until im 70 years old continually buying and maintaining over priced chit.

I agree with you that a ford can pull anything and everything and will out perform anything on the road in terms of sheer hauling power but they DONT last, after 100k miles your on borrowed time with a ford. your either paying out the azz for mx or having massive down time working on it yourself (and still paying a lot for parts).

I dont know why you are upset about that, im just speaking truth. People who need to tow air craft carriers will tolerate the rampant mx issues for the power and performance but alot of people dont want to deal with a constantly broke down truck as soon as it crosses 100k miles. I just want a bed to haul light duty stuff around maybe pull a light trailer once in a while.

But yes politically I do take issue with companies getting a massive tax break followed by massive lay offs, there will be political blow back in the next presidential election and its possible these tax cuts and corporate americas response to said tax cuts will result in a democrat ran congress this Nov. People arent idiots, they wont just sit there and eat cat food or starve while their family suffers due to reorganizations and think well gee you know ford needed to do this to become more "efficient", I guess I will just go get a new 4 years degree and rebuild my career from scratch at 30-40 years old

Come on man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment