Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 05:45 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Yea they get alot of fleet sales, I just said that. Alot of these fleet vehicals are at mine sites, oil fields, etc.

Ford makes GREAT work trucks to run like hell for a short period time and then go to chit. I see more tundras on actual general public roads than fords.

I dont know how rams are up there on the list, they are complete piece of chit with a shelf life roughly the same as a ford but they dont have the fleet sales that I know of and I dont see a ton of them on the roads. Lots of people must be buying them somewhere I suppose ....

Silverado is a great truck, runs a long time, but they are alot more expensive than the tundra.
A sale is a sale it’s all money for Ford, if the reliability were so bad why would the F150 be the best selling vehicle in the country for 40 years. Sure you get a lemon now and then same with a Toyota Tundra I’ve herd others say they have had problems with them also. A pickup is a man made machine so it’s not perfect all the time but in Ford’s case they have made a product that people want and Toyota knows that they cannot compete with the Americans pickups they have tried but cannot catch them in sales numbers. This is why Ford is getting rid of sedans except for the Mustang. You are intitled to your opinion about Ford but as you see by the sales numbers that a majority of others don’t share your opinion. And FYI the ranger was a full size pickup back in the day i was growing up.

Hers the story in the Detroit News

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ng/1533417002/

Last edited by easy62; 10-16-2018 at 05:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 06:10 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
A sale is a sale it’s all money for Ford, if the reliability were so bad why would the F150 be the best selling vehicle in the country for 40 years. Sure you get a lemon now and then same with a Toyota Tundra I’ve herd others say they have had problems with them also. A pickup is a man made machine so it’s not perfect all the time but in Ford’s case they have made a product that people want and Toyota knows that they cannot compete with the Americans pickups they have tried but cannot catch them in sales numbers. This is why Ford is getting rid of sedans except for the Mustang. You are intitled to your opinion about Ford but as you see by the sales numbers that a majority of others don’t share your opinion. And FYI the ranger was a full size pickup back in the day i was growing up.

Hers the story in the Detroit News

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ng/1533417002/
When was the last time you heard of an F150 running without issues (but basic mx) for a million miles, heck even half a million miles. Never, they work hard and fall apart.

Toyota wont perform nearly as good out of the box but will run forever. They dont have the acronyn fed up on the side of the road for nothing for fords. My ranger was not the only lemon I was involved with, my ex's f150 needed an entire engine block pulled and ALL the seals replaced, hugely costly, we knew a mechanic at that time who is now retired that did it for 1100, that would have been a small fortune at a regular shop.

Ford PERFORMS they dont last, I dont know why you are having a hard time comprehending that. Mine sites and oil fields liquidate their Fords CHEAP as soon as they start hitting the crap out point, they dont keep them. They need them to work like hell and beat the hell out of them and then dump them right around 100k miles. These are mega corps with billions of dollars not someone who needs their car to run for a long time because they cant afford to just pour money into new trucks.

Its not my opinion these are objective facts.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:16 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
When was the last time you heard of an F150 running without issues (but basic mx) for a million miles, heck even half a million miles. Never, they work hard and fall apart.

Toyota wont perform nearly as good out of the box but will run forever. They dont have the acronyn fed up on the side of the road for nothing for fords. My ranger was not the only lemon I was involved with, my ex's f150 needed an entire engine block pulled and ALL the seals replaced, hugely costly, we knew a mechanic at that time who is now retired that did it for 1100, that would have been a small fortune at a regular shop.

Ford PERFORMS they dont last, I dont know why you are having a hard time comprehending that. Mine sites and oil fields liquidate their Fords CHEAP as soon as they start hitting the crap out point, they dont keep them. They need them to work like hell and beat the hell out of them and then dump them right around 100k miles. These are mega corps with billions of dollars not someone who needs their car to run for a long time because they cant afford to just pour money into new trucks.

Its not my opinion these are objective facts.
The acronym is Found On Roadside Dead.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:19 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Was Ford in some sort of economic turmoil?

Completely scrapping their entire line of sedans, including the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, and Taurus. Now they're laying off over 10,000 workers?

Is Ford becoming greedy enough to slash the workforce and focus just on SUV's to maximize profits? Or are they in serious financial distress?

I don't buy Fords and I only know a handful of people that actually do. There's better made cars out there IMHO.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:30 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I don't buy Fords and I only know a handful of people that actually do. There's better made cars out there IMHO.
I also know no one that owns a ford, the only reason I could see someone buying one is if they have a VERY successful business and they NEED that ford to be a work horse for their VERY WELL PAYING clients. No one with a casual side gig or fledgling small business owns a ford, they are way to expensive and you have to have a very specific purpose for them.

I am sure there are rich people that have them to tow their massive boats around with I suppose.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
I also know no one that owns a ford, the only reason I could see someone buying one is if they have a VERY successful business and they NEED that ford to be a work horse for their VERY WELL PAYING clients. No one with a casual side gig or fledgling small business owns a ford, they are way to expensive and you have to have a very specific purpose for them.

I am sure there are rich people that have them to tow their massive boats around with I suppose.
Then the sales figures are just false right the F150 isn’t the best selling vehicle in the country for the past 40 years right the press is lying about the sales numbers. You all have it wrong and live in a bubble. And you know nothing about the automotive business. You think you do but you don’t. We’re i live we eat and breath the automotive industry. And i live by the Ford Dearborn Truck assembly plant Ford sells a F150 every seconds why is that so hard for you all to believe. You all on here live in a fantasy world hay people come back down to earth the sales figures don’t lie. Get out of your little world and look around in parking lots in Walmart or target what do you see people driving.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
But not better made pickups because if that’were the case why is the F150 the fastest selling pickup in the country.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The acronym is Found On Roadside Dead.
And Toyota comes only wish to have the same sales of their Tacoma like the F150 Toyota and Nissan can’t even come close to those sales figures of the F150. And for the record Ford employes over 200,000 workers worldwide.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:23 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,130,923 times
Quote:
I agree, I dont personally base my life around this stuff but I am going to vote with democrats this nov because I am tried of the ultra greed. Our state is poised to go blue this nov when it has traditionally been red. Lots of pissed off people that lost their jobs in oil and gas.
The Dem's hate greed and are for oil and gas now? LOL

Old 10-16-2018, 11:01 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Not sure how many of the 15-20k are American jobs that will be lost at Ford, but the good news for them is that there are nearly 7.1 million job openings in the US. A new record according to ZipRecruiter.

Hopefully they will all be able to find work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment