Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 06:23 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I’m not defensive I’m just telling you what’s it like, and for people to say that Ford doesn’t know what it’s doing is just beyond ridiculous. Ford is a Fortune 500 company have been in business for over 100 years and have the best selling vehicle in the USA for 40 years. I think Ford ending sedans except for the Mustang is a good business move. Gm is cutting sedans along with Chrysler sedans are not selling. Ford knows what it’s selling and not selling.
I do t see where he even said they don’t. I see you mocking someone because their pick up was a little “baby” pickup and because they don’t want a giant pickup and other macho nonsense. Are big trucks an extension of something else for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 06:42 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,558,397 times
Time to learn how to work for a livin' (insert Quint from Jaws voice)

Old 10-15-2018, 06:48 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,119,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Time to learn how to work for a livin' (insert Quint from Jaws voice)
sounds like homer hickems dad lol. You forgot to put in .... booy (with a long ignorant southern drawl and a low brow).

Old 10-15-2018, 06:48 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I do t see where he even said they don’t. I see you mocking someone because their pick up was a little “baby” pickup and because they don’t want a giant pickup and other macho nonsense. Are big trucks an extension of something else for you?
Nope it’s the reality of the automotive industry Americans want full size vehicles and Ford has what Americans are buying. If you take the time and see what people are driving full size vehicles are it. My x wife had a little Ranger pickup and i had a F150 Fx4 i couldn’t get my body into her cab.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Nope it’s the reality of the automotive industry Americans want full size vehicles and Ford has what Americans are buying. If you take the time and see what people are driving full size vehicles are it. My x wife had a little Ranger pickup and i had a F150 Fx4 i couldn’t get my body into her cab.
I see just as many tundras on the road as fords. What is saving fords bacon is fleet vehicle sales. Its why their sales men are indignant and rude a holes. They know that their fleet sales are going to cover them so they can treat walk ins like crap.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:53 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,558,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
sounds like homer hickems dad lol. You forgot to put in .... booy (with a long ignorant southern drawl and a low brow).
These new Ford unemployed folks got city hands - they've been countin' money their whole lives!

Old 10-15-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Thats fine, but its true they start falling apart and requiring VERY expensive mx WAY before a tundra does. Your millage will very, my ranger starting having super expensive problems shortly after 100k miles which is almost nothing, in this economy I dont want to have to buy a new super expensive truck every 10 years. I need my stuff to last and I dont want to bust my azz until im 70 years old continually buying and maintaining over priced chit.

I agree with you that a ford can pull anything and everything and will out perform anything on the road in terms of sheer hauling power but they DONT last, after 100k miles your on borrowed time with a ford. your either paying out the azz for mx or having massive down time working on it yourself (and still paying a lot for parts).

I dont know why you are upset about that, im just speaking truth. People who need to tow air craft carriers will tolerate the rampant mx issues for the power and performance but alot of people dont want to deal with a constantly broke down truck as soon as it crosses 100k miles. I just want a bed to haul light duty stuff around maybe pull a light trailer once in a while.

But yes politically I do take issue with companies getting a massive tax break followed by massive lay offs, there will be political blow back in the next presidential election and its possible these tax cuts and corporate americas response to said tax cuts will result in a democrat ran congress this Nov. People arent idiots, they wont just sit there and eat cat food or starve while their family suffers due to reorganizations and think well gee you know ford needed to do this to become more "efficient", I guess I will just go get a new 4 years degree and rebuild my career from scratch at 30-40 years old

Come on man.
You can’t stop it so why get all worked up by something you can’t control. Ford is just realigning them self for the future and the future for Ford dose not include sedans except the Mustang. They are no different than any other corporation they have stock holders to please.

And for anyone who thinks that Ford got a bailout by the government you would be wrong only GM and Chrysler did.

Last edited by easy62; 10-15-2018 at 07:06 PM..

Old 10-16-2018, 03:28 AM

Quote:
You can’t stop it so why get all worked up by something you can’t control. Ford is just realigning them self for the future and the future for Ford dose not include sedans except the Mustang. They are no different than any other corporation they have stock holders to please.

And for anyone who thinks that Ford got a bailout by the government you would be wrong only GM and Chrysler did.
I agree, I dont personally base my life around this stuff but I am going to vote with democrats this nov because I am tried of the ultra greed. Our state is poised to go blue this nov when it has traditionally been red. Lots of pissed off people that lost their jobs in oil and gas.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:06 AM

Quote:
I see just as many tundras on the road as fords. What is saving fords bacon is fleet vehicle sales. Its why their sales men are indignant and rude a holes. They know that their fleet sales are going to cover them so they can treat walk ins like crap.
Hers the sales numbers for the F150 and the Toyota Tundra you better do a recount on your number of Tacoma pickups. As you see the F series blows away the rest of the other automakers in full-size pickup sales fleet sales included because a sale is a sale all money in Ford’s bank account.

2018 August Sales – Full-Size Pickup Trucks

Aug 2018 # Aug 2018/2017 YTD 2018 # YTD 2018/2017 %
Ford F-Series 81,839 6.3% 603,926 4.8%
Ram 49,912 33% 323,727 -1%
Toyota Tundra 11,058 7.2% 76,328 2.4%
Nissan Titan 4,661 32.4% 31,932 0.5%
Chevrolet Silverado N/A* N/A* N/A* N/A*
GMC Sierra N/A* N/A* N/A* N/A*

Old 10-16-2018, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Hers the sales numbers for the F150 and the Toyota Tundra you better do a recount on your number of Tacoma pickups. As you see the F series blows away the rest of the other automakers in full-size pickup sales fleet sales included because a sale is a sale all money in Ford’s bank account.

2018 August Sales – Full-Size Pickup Trucks

Aug 2018 # Aug 2018/2017 YTD 2018 # YTD 2018/2017 %
Ford F-Series 81,839 6.3% 603,926 4.8%
Ram 49,912 33% 323,727 -1%
Toyota Tundra 11,058 7.2% 76,328 2.4%
Nissan Titan 4,661 32.4% 31,932 0.5%
Chevrolet Silverado N/A* N/A* N/A* N/A*
GMC Sierra N/A* N/A* N/A* N/A*
Yea they get alot of fleet sales, I just said that. Alot of these fleet vehicals are at mine sites, oil fields, etc.

Ford makes GREAT work trucks to run like hell for a short period time and then go to chit. I see more tundras on actual general public roads than fords.

I dont know how rams are up there on the list, they are complete piece of chit with a shelf life roughly the same as a ford but they dont have the fleet sales that I know of and I dont see a ton of them on the roads. Lots of people must be buying them somewhere I suppose ....

Silverado is a great truck, runs a long time, but they are alot more expensive than the tundra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment