Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Employer requested you WFH because of coronavirus risk?
Yes, I've been told to WFH due to the risk. 2 5.26%
No, no discuss or options given. 32 84.21%
My idiot employer thinks everything in the news is fake. 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 02:29 AM

9,022 posts, read 13,885,378 times

Advertisements

I wonder if AFLAC would cover people who the has coverage through them.

I want to say no. If everyone did that they would go bankrupt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 02:31 AM

Worker's comp?

You going to have a hell of time proving you were exposed to work.

I am an Rn at that.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:34 AM

6,482 posts, read 9,863,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Worker's comp?

You going to have a hell of time proving you were exposed to work.

I am an Rn at that.
How in the world would that be difficult for a nurse if it actually happens lol A patient comes into contact with you at work and you get it, how hard is that to prove?

Old 03-07-2020, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
How in the world would that be difficult for a nurse if it actually happens lol A patient comes into contact with you at work and you get it, how hard is that to prove?
Well,nurses do go out in public you know.

You can contract it just out and about at the grocery store,train,etc.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:03 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,569,609 times
From my understanding, and your state might be different, after you exhaust all your vacation/sick, yes you can claim unemployment if being out from work is involuntary. If you're out due to corona sickness or something, I'm guessing tdi might kick in. At the very least you're probably looking at unpaid fmla.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:21 AM

16,440 posts, read 12,601,853 times
This belongs in the sticky thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/work...ronavirus.html

Old 03-07-2020, 06:37 AM

1,185 posts, read 756,911 times
Quote:
Say if the state government enforces a mandatory quarantine,or you MUST self quarantine,how would we get paid?

I cannot work remotely due to the nature of my job.

Bills obviously will not stop coming in,so do I have to use up all of PTO and vacation time to receive a paycheck?

How does this work?

Can your job fire you if you are exposed to Covid 19 and must self quarantine for more than 3 weeks?

Sorry if this info is posted already,but i did not see it anywhere.

But we must be real,most of us Americans are a paycheck away from homelessness,and this might be it.
You would not be eligible for UI if you were self-quarantined, as you would not be "able and available" for work.

It is possible they could fire you, but you WOULD be eligible for Short-Term Disability coverage and then unemployment once you were able to return to work. More likely, you would simply exercise your FMLA rights - provided you were eligible.

Old 03-07-2020, 07:41 AM

13,148 posts, read 21,125,337 times
Quote:
Say if the state government enforces a mandatory quarantine,or you MUST self quarantine,how would we get paid?

I cannot work remotely due to the nature of my job.

Bills obviously will not stop coming in,so do I have to use up all of PTO and vacation time to receive a paycheck?

How does this work?

Can your job fire you if you are exposed to Covid 19 and must self quarantine for more than 3 weeks?

Sorry if this info is posted already,but i did not see it anywhere.

But we must be real,most of us Americans are a paycheck away from homelessness,and this might be it.
The answer is State specific.
Example, in the State of Washington, they have already implemented policies and procedures for employers and employees as it relates to the Coronavirus. It includes who and when to apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits based on the virus. Each state will implement their own standards (consistent with federal regulations) as to who, when and how.

This is an example of Washington's process for dealing with the virus and employment situations.
https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19

Old 03-07-2020, 07:50 AM

6,741 posts, read 5,984,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I hope to hell that bosses are forced to do the work themselves, due to this virus.
I don’t wish illness on *any* rank-and-file worker....but I wouldn’t be heartbroken if the management class dropped like flies.
Along with their families, friends, and neighbors???

Old 03-07-2020, 08:39 AM

9,489 posts, read 8,474,547 times
My company has been sending communications all week essentially encouraging people to check their home connections, ensuring they can work from home. Nothing other than a full ban on any/all travel to China has been enforced yet but I see this coming eventually. Many of the big tech firms are already doing this - requiring many employees to work from home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment