Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Employer requested you WFH because of coronavirus risk?
Yes, I've been told to WFH due to the risk. 2 5.26%
No, no discuss or options given. 32 84.21%
My idiot employer thinks everything in the news is fake. 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 11:14 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,377,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
No lol because people are sheep believing this hype
I guess in the poll I should have made another option:

I'm an idiot because everything in the news is fake.

Over 3,000 deaths is hype? Go tell the family and friends of those people who died they are sheep for believing in the hype that their loved ones are dead, and
suggest they poke with them a stick and shout out to "stop believing the hype, now get up now!". :-(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 01:01 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,408,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
My employer has put out emails regarding restrictions on travel to certain countries, but there's been no request that we WFH (at least not in the US) other than the standard "if you are sick with ANYTHING that has a chance of being contagious, WFH so you don't share it with others".
Same here. In addition, they’ve requested that any business events be cancelled.

They’ve enforced stricter restrictions for the international offices.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:49 AM

299 posts, read 162,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Folks in the US are basically at zero risk unless they've traveled to an area where it is prevalent. Absolutely no reason why the average Joe needs to stay home.
Lol, I see this was written in late Feb. I wonder if you feel the same now?

Old 03-06-2020, 08:54 AM

I work in a small satellite law firm and they are oblivious, except to say they have formed "committees". Which means nothing is being done. And yet one person is totally sick, has been coming in daily, coughing, sneezing, all.day.long. It really annoys and worries me. And this person went to Italy in mid-Feb. I can't believe no one's said anything to this person and they work in HR!

Since it's a law firm they take the most antiquated stance possible when it comes to WFH, and despite the spread of the virus, they remain old school. Everyone's in the office. Even sickies. And if I was to say anything, they'd know right away it was me and I'd become the villain /crazy person who is "overreacting".

Sometimes, more often lately, I hate the area I work in or is it I hate the workforce these days.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:40 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,946,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyPet View Post
I work in a small satellite law firm and they are oblivious, except to say they have formed "committees". Which means nothing is being done. And yet one person is totally sick, has been coming in daily, coughing, sneezing, all.day.long. It really annoys and worries me. And this person went to Italy in mid-Feb. I can't believe no one's said anything to this person and they work in HR!

Since it's a law firm they take the most antiquated stance possible when it comes to WFH, and despite the spread of the virus, they remain old school. Everyone's in the office. Even sickies. And if I was to say anything, they'd know right away it was me and I'd become the villain /crazy person who is "overreacting".

Sometimes, more often lately, I hate the area I work in or is it I hate the workforce these days.
For real? That HR person should be sent home! You all could be infected by now, if it's covid19.

Old 03-06-2020, 11:27 AM

There's a lot of "shoulds" in this firm. But this one I find atrocious. I can't think of an anonymous way to turn the HR person in. I'm new here and do not want to be the bad guy.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:24 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyPet View Post
There's a lot of "shoulds" in this firm. But this one I find atrocious. I can't think of an anonymous way to turn the HR person in. I'm new here and do not want to be the bad guy.
can you report it to the county health department?

Old 03-06-2020, 01:26 PM

If it's still the case on Monday, then perhaps. That person is WFH only due to some home stuff, but not because they should!

Old 03-06-2020, 11:28 PM

9,011 posts, read 13,850,777 times
Default Can you receive unemployment during mandatory quarantine?

Say if the state government enforces a mandatory quarantine,or you MUST self quarantine,how would we get paid?

I cannot work remotely due to the nature of my job.

Bills obviously will not stop coming in,so do I have to use up all of PTO and vacation time to receive a paycheck?

How does this work?

Can your job fire you if you are exposed to Covid 19 and must self quarantine for more than 3 weeks?

Sorry if this info is posted already,but i did not see it anywhere.

But we must be real,most of us Americans are a paycheck away from homelessness,and this might be it.

Old 03-07-2020, 12:25 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,106,105 times
I hope to hell that bosses are forced to do the work themselves, due to this virus.
I don’t wish illness on *any* rank-and-file worker....but I wouldn’t be heartbroken if the management class dropped like flies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment