Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 11:56 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,204,833 times

Advertisements

It would be a good suggestion if communication were possible in this situation but that is one of my major complaints and if you look back you will see what I mean. Having moved here recently and looking for the right situation helps to explain why I may not be working when interviewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 12:14 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
It would be a good suggestion if communication were possible in this situation but that is one of my major complaints and if you look back you will see what I mean. Having moved here recently and looking for the right situation helps to explain why I may not be working when interviewing.
I understand what your getting at.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:10 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,468,083 times
Quote:
Then why hire me?
She may not know what she wants or needs in an employee. She may not have any experience hiring people.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
She may not know what she wants. She may not have any experience hiring people.
I wonder if she's in the US legally or has a work permit?

Old 07-05-2008, 01:29 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times
Quote:
Perhaps a good way to transition quickly to something else might be to sign up with staffing agencies.

Do you have general office experience? I am sure it differs by area but around here the staffing agencies always have positions for general office work, even if only temporary. Then, in future job searching you can simply say that you had a temp job and the assignment ended if that is indeed the case and it won't "look bad". Plus it will bring in some money while you're looking, even if not a full time check.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:39 PM

210 posts, read 1,139,644 times
just quit

Old 07-05-2008, 02:46 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,842 times
I understood there was a communication barrier - I wasn't sure to what extent - I'm not there.

You have 2 options stay until you find another job or quit & be out of work...

If you can bear it & it isn't horrible stay & look for another job. If you can't take it & it is driving you nuts then leave & see if someone will give you a loan or something to tide you over.

Quote:

Old 07-05-2008, 04:52 PM

All great suggestions. Thanks.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:04 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
May I suggest that you do a letter of resignation stating that these were the jobs you were hired for.....these are the jobs that were given to me...therefore.....................

The other suggestions...don't mess with your withholdings because basically, don't mess with the IRS or State..they will get you. Although Miss Puff, I am chuckling at the number 8 because I know why!!!!! Hang in there and do what is best for you.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 PM

My brother just begged me not to quit this job. To suck it up, drink martinis after work, buy a book on how to get along with difficult bosses but not to runaway just because I don't like my boss. That I should look at it as an opportunity to learn Medical Office Management which is a recession proof job, he says. Again, not what I was looking for or hired for. I also have a family to take care of and a husband that is not pulling his weight financially. So this is what it feels like to be trapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment