Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the USA the most beautiful country in the world?
Yes 37 30.58%
No 84 69.42%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 06:26 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,402,037 times

Advertisements

Troll post. I'm an American. Been through 42 states including Alaska and Hawaii and most of Europe, southeast Asia, Canada and Mexico. My apologies to those from other countries that the OP was trying to offend. Trust me, we are all not like that.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:29 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,533,310 times
^ add that to my list.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:18 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,225,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Troll post. I'm an American. Been through 42 states including Alaska and Hawaii and most of Europe, southeast Asia, Canada and Mexico. My apologies to those from other countries that the OP was trying to offend. Trust me, we are all not like that.
Yes I agree, but it does get annoying when regular people state their opinion and they get lots of mad posters commenting!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:40 PM

263 posts, read 809,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Many of them live in a bubble and slurp up the "USA is greatest" propaganda. I live here, so I know. Do most of them have any interest in other countries? Many do, but the "USA is greatest" crowd for the most part doesn't. The good news is that the younger generation is starting to see itself more as global citizen rather than American only.
True. Most people in the US just don't know any better. And like the saying goes "perception is reality", so they're actually convinced there really isn't anything worthwhile out there in the rest of the world. The OP's world-view is so limited that he actually believed that such a flat land like South Florida was more varied then the whole Greater Antilles. That's insane to think, when even Cuba alone is probably more varied and interesting then the entirety of the south-eastern US, and Cuba is not even the most geographically diverse country in the Caribbean.

There's a 10,000+ foot tall mountain peak in the DR for instance. He will never find anything like this in the entire southern US, forget Florida. Hell, there's nothing like that in the whole eastern region of the US.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:44 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,348,583 times
Quote:
It isn't a troll post! I genuinely do believe that America's vast diversity of landscapes does indeed make it the most beautiful country on earth. I was wondering how many others might agree with me. It appears it is quite a few.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
It isn't a troll post! I genuinely do believe that America's vast diversity of landscapes does indeed make it the most beautiful country on earth. I was wondering how many others might agree with me. It appears it is quite a few.
Bro don't worry your not a troll. Your entitled to your own opinion, if you think Siberia is the most beautiful place in the world then go for it, I just don't understand why thinking America is the most beautiful place is causing such a stir?

Old 10-07-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antillano89 View Post
True. Most people in the US just don't know any better. And like the saying goes "perception is reality", so they're actually convinced there really isn't anything worthwhile out there in the rest of the world. The OP's world-view is so limited that he actually believed that such a flat land like South Florida was more varied then the whole Greater Antilles. That's insane to think, when even Cuba alone is probably more varied and interesting then the entirety of the south-eastern US, and Cuba is not even the most geographically diverse country in the Caribbean.

There's a 10,000+ foot tall mountain peak in the DR for instance. He will never find anything like this in the entire southern US, forget Florida. Hell, there's nothing like that in the whole eastern region of the US.

Mad? Saying most people don't know any better in the usa is ignorant! If he likes it let him be!

Old 10-07-2013, 08:01 PM

263 posts, read 809,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Mad? Saying most people don't know any better in the usa is ignorant! If he likes it let him be!
No, saying that a glorified swamp like South Florida has more variation than the Caribbean is extremely ignorant, saying that most people in the US don't know any better is entirely true. You guys really need to stop misusing and overusing that word, it makes you look "ignorant".

Old 10-07-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antillano89 View Post
No, saying that a glorified swamp like South Florida has more variation than the Caribbean is extremely ignorant, saying that most people in the US don't know any better is entirely true. You guys really need to stop misusing and overusing that word, it makes you look "ignorant".
Prove it, if you cant you will really look like a fool I understand americans do not travel a lot and can be ignorant at times but saying most people are like that without any facts to back you up is silly.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,521,794 times
Quote:
We, from all over the planet and some of your closest neighbours right next door know this and factor that into our responses, or lack thereof.

If those of us posting on an open forum were ever to be considered as the de-facto representative sampling of our individual countries population, I'd humbly submit the world is doomed.

Don't take anything on here to heart and allow it simply to pass the same as you would this mornings breakfast burrito.

Now if I could just live by those words.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World