Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 5,914 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone -
My husband & I will be relocating sometime in 2008 (btw Mar - May) after our construction is completed in Lake Wylie. We currently have a 3.5 yr old and baby #2 due in Nov '08. We are native New Yorkers and have decided to make this move after our friends relocated from NY to Fort Mills and absolutely LOVE it! I have been researching daycares for my toddler son as well as my soon-to-be bundle of joy as well. Any recommendations for daycares that accept both a toddler as well as an infant? Unfortunately my toddler will be starting pre-k in Sept '08 at 4.5 yrs of age. We currently pay $800 a month for our toddler here in Queens, NY.

Thanking in advance for any advice you can offer.

Best,
~ag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 05:21 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,380 times
What area of Lake Wylie? If we know where your house will be we can recommend some child care option. You'll probably pay around $800 for an infant, and $500-$600 for a preschooler.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,914 times
thanks so much megassel for your response. we are building in the bethelfields community.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:10 AM

14 posts, read 49,169 times
I can't help you with child daycare, but I can with doggie daycare... lol. I've got 3 I send once a week.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 AM

285 posts, read 1,020,023 times
Depending on where you are on Lake Wylie, Tutor Time on S. Tryon is good. I pay $195 a week for my 3-year-old.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:09 PM

There is a Chesterfield Academy on Tryon, also - it's pretty close to that Tutor Time. My kids are at Kids R Kids on 160 near Tega Cay, but that would be pretty much out of your way unless you were going to be working in Fort Mill.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Is Bethel Fields in York? That's the only reference I can find. That would change the answer a lot.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:32 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
Is Bethel Fields in York? That's the only reference I can find. That would change the answer a lot.
Bethelfields is near the lake (Lake Wylie), but the actual location happens to be in York, SC..however it is within sneezing distance of Clover, SC (in fact the school district for Bethelfields falls within the Clover School District).

Old 10-07-2007, 12:35 PM

8 posts, read 32,818 times
Bethelfields is at 5 points intersection There is a daycare that is called Growing Tree which is about 1-2 miles away. I went there and checked it out for my Grandson, but decided to go with Pine Grove Christian Academy which is about the same distance. There rate was $50 more a week. The rate my son and daughter in law pay is $115 per week. He is on his third week and he enjoys it. South Carolina has a Pre K program which they can get into if the are four years old before September 1st. Registration takes place in March and not every child gets into it, but they go from 8 am til 12:30 pm.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:56 AM

17 posts, read 40,748 times
Agnozalez,

You may want to contact the local elementary school in your district where you are building your new home for a local daycare facility. My sister-in-law did that, and they found a great one that the school recommended. And yes, I realize your child is not of school age yet, but this way you and your child could meet with other families in the area that already have their children in the local elementary and it will be a better transition for your child when they start school to have the same classmates in pre-k..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties