Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeaustengirl View Post
Thank you, thank you for all the great info, ladies. You are all awesome!! Big Hug! We are turning in an offer on the Reserve at Gold Hill house...I will let you know how it goes!!

Wish you the best (fingers are crossed for you)!

ltc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 02:15 PM

56 posts, read 221,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrylisa View Post
Hello Everyone -

I want to first let everyone know how wonderful you all are and how much your advise is appreciated . I have been reading your thread for a few weeks now. I actually read them every night

We just returned from a small family vacation and stopped for a couple of days to check the Tega Cay/Fort Mill area. WOW! Beautiful! I can't wait!! We drove through just about every neighborhood in Tega Cay and pick up all the different "flyers" for the houses for sale. My favorite is the Lakeshore area. We also stopped by the Reserve and I fell in love with the larger model. It is very similar to what we have now(same builder) and it is available with a 3 car garage AND a basement. The sale rep did tell us that it would probably take about 8 months for the house to be done if we want one with the basement, which means we would need to lease in the meantime.

So my question (finally ), we would like to lease a home (in Tega Cay preferably) where the school would remain the same as when we move to the Reserve. I understand that there is a freeze on a couple of middle schools and was wondering if anyone can tell me a little more about it.

Also, we really want a neighborhood where our 9 (soon to be 10) yr old son can make and have many friends. The Reserve is a small community of approximately 80-85 homes and I am afraid there might not be too many kids his age. (we have this problem now) so we are willing to give up some of the extras we want and buy an existing home in Tega Cay. I would love to hear everyones opinions.

Thks!

T.
The Reserve is a great community but small it is not 294 homes upon completion

Old 04-22-2008, 05:04 PM

21 posts, read 62,096 times
Smile Good luck

Yeah.... Good luck with your new home.... keeping fingers crossed for you

Which model?

T.

Quote:
Thank you, thank you for all the great info, ladies. You are all awesome!! Big Hug! We are turning in an offer on the Reserve at Gold Hill house...I will let you know how it goes!!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:35 PM

21 posts, read 72,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrylisa View Post
Yeah.... Good luck with your new home.... keeping fingers crossed for you

Which model?

T.
I think it is the Emerson model??? Does that sound right, lol?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 PM

Yeah thats right... they also have a model right?

bibit mentioned that there are a couple of existing homes for sale there, are you building? or buying existing?

I would like to build but I am so impatient I might just make an offer to one of the existing homes.

We should have the final word by the end of the month on wether we are moving or not

I already told my husband either way, this is where I want to be "wah"...

Keep us posted.

T

Quote:
I think it is the Emerson model??? Does that sound right, lol?

Old 04-23-2008, 05:44 AM

146 posts, read 451,654 times
You may want to check in with the school district on the elementary school. They are building another school on Pleasant Rd and I heard from a friend who lives in the Reserve that she believes her kids will go there starting in the 09 school year.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:50 PM

21 posts, read 72,288 times
Thanks for the advice on the schools...our offer wasn't accepted due to no contingency b/c it is owned by a corporate relocation company. Sooooo, we are on the house hunt again (darn it!).

Old 04-24-2008, 04:54 PM

Aw man....that bites...we are trying to sell out house here in Fl but no takers. Really concerns me. We can't buy unless we sell!!

T.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice on the schools...our offer wasn't accepted due to no contingency b/c it is owned by a corporate relocation company. Sooooo, we are on the house hunt again (darn it!).

Old 04-24-2008, 07:26 PM

5 posts, read 14,252 times
Smile The Reserve

We moved to the Reserve from NY in January of 2007. We love it. Our neighbors are wonderful. There is always something going on. My daughter is 8 and had no friends to play with in NY and now has too many. HA HA!!
I love the schools and can't say enough good things about the area.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:15 PM

146 posts, read 451,654 times
Quote:
So sorry, I know how stressful this process can be.... hang in there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties