Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:16 AM

86 posts, read 388,733 times

Advertisements

Anyone on the boards leaving Fort Mill?
Or wanting to leave, or about to leave? If so, please tell me why??
My father in law says that's the person whose story I need to hear before deciding to move there.
Anyone?? Hel-oooo?? Am I echo-in in an empty room??
Thanks!!
rscap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 11:23 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscap View Post
My father in law says that's the person whose story I need to hear before deciding to move there.
Thanks!!
rscap
Honestly, I don't know of anyone who wants to leave. It is a very nice little town and so convenient to everything you need. People are trying to get in, not get out

Old 03-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Thanks!!
rscap
Seems like your dad-in-law simply wants you to look at all the pros and cons

Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM

95 posts, read 385,845 times
I moved recently to Fort Mill from the surrounding area in NC. I had 2 offers from people moving out of Fort Mill because they wanted their children to have the 1 year in state residency before going to college. Each had children in High School. I have younger kids and graduated from UNC (in state tuition) but I am prepared to take the hit when the time comes if SC Universities are not an option.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Thanks!!
rscap
I know people leave...because I see for sale signs around town. But the people that I personally have known that have moved from Fort Mill have been folks that have had to leave due to company transfers/relocation or just moving to another home in Fort Mill.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:34 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,298,430 times
I haven't come across anyone that wants to leave. In fact, the folks we bought our house from moved...to Fort Mill! They are only five minutes away from us! Of the 10 houses we looked at in the fall, only ONE had a seller who was moving out of state - they were retiring to Florida to be near their kids. All the others were doing local moves.

I know someone who is a life-long Fort Mill resident. Both she and her husband. They have no real complaints and no desire to move. The only thing the husband complained about (to us) is that some elementary schools are freezing attendance because of the fast growth. But even he admitted that wasn't such a big deal since all the schools are great.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:06 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
I haven't come across anyone that wants to leave. In fact, the folks we bought our house from moved...to Fort Mill! They are only five minutes away from us! Of the 10 houses we looked at in the fall, only ONE had a seller who was moving out of state - they were retiring to Florida to be near their kids. All the others were doing local moves.

I know someone who is a life-long Fort Mill resident. Both she and her husband. They have no real complaints and no desire to move. The only thing the husband complained about (to us) is that some elementary schools are freezing attendance because of the fast growth. But even he admitted that wasn't such a big deal since all the schools are great.
We just sold our house in Huntersville and have about 6 more weeks until our house in Fort Mill is done. We have family down there now and they love it. I like the fact that Fort Mill caps their schools. I'd rather they do that than keep adding trailer after trailer. Plus, like you said, the school that the kids are being sent to, Riverview, scores just as high as the schools being capped, Orchard Park and Gold Hill.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:17 AM

86 posts, read 388,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I know people leave...because I see for sale signs around town. But the people that I personally have known that have moved from Fort Mill have been folks that have had to leave due to company transfers/relocation or just moving to another home in Fort Mill.
lovethecarolinas,
sent you a pm somewhat off original topic thx
rscap

Old 03-22-2007, 07:21 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,533,449 times
Did you know that Fort Mill is in South Carolina? You are posting in the North Carolina forum!

Old 03-22-2007, 07:30 AM

478 posts, read 2,045,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
Plus, like you said, the school that the kids are being sent to, Riverview, scores just as high as the schools being capped, Orchard Park and Gold Hill.
Do you know if this is York School District 1? I haven't found any confirmation at the Fort Mill school website. Clover school district is York School District 2, so I'm thinking Ft. Mill is 1, but I'd like to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties