Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 PM

425 posts, read 1,570,676 times

Advertisements

SO we have been official residents for a little over 24hours and we love it . Moving with four kids and a cat meowing for 10 hours straight was rough but we did it. We have had our first broken arm ( my oldest who is 9) fever and stomache bug ( one of the twins 7) and posion ivy ( me) and it is still great !!

Two neighbors brought us dinner, another brownies and another is hosting a BBQ tomorrow night so we can all meet.

If anyone is on the fence about the area I say do it ! Take the leap of faith , you will not be sorry. WE are leaving all our friends and family but I see that although I will miss them I will have tons of support right here.

White Grove is an awesome neighborhood and I would reccomend it to anyone looking.

Thnaks for having us in SC!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 07:25 PM

190 posts, read 742,969 times
Thanks for posting this! We are moving to Charlotte and are considering Fort Mills. Your recommendation really helps. I miss having such friendly neighbors as the ones you describe. Thanks!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:20 PM

58 posts, read 256,450 times
Default nypat

I am moving in June to Fort Mill. My husband has been there since April 12th and he loves it. We are in the Whitley Mill development and he is very happy.
Can't wait to get there. We have a one year old and I already joined a mom's group. I will not have any family there so I hope I can make friends for me and my child.
Thanks

Old 05-26-2007, 08:24 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,738 times
Hey there sixinthefamily - so glad to hear you made it safe and sound (even with a few bumps in the road)!

Everything sounds wonderful and I am so happy for you and your family. Thanks for sharing with us all...and it's been great to see how everything has just fallen into to place for you.

Take care from your Tega Cay neighbor...and we'll be in touch!

LTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
SO we have been official residents for a little over 24hours and we love it . Moving with four kids and a cat meowing for 10 hours straight was rough but we did it. We have had our first broken arm ( my oldest who is 9) fever and stomache bug ( one of the twins 7) and posion ivy ( me) and it is still great !!

Two neighbors brought us dinner, another brownies and another is hosting a BBQ tomorrow night so we can all meet.

If anyone is on the fence about the area I say do it ! Take the leap of faith , you will not be sorry. WE are leaving all our friends and family but I see that although I will miss them I will have tons of support right here.

White Grove is an awesome neighborhood and I would reccomend it to anyone looking.

Thnaks for having us in SC!!!!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
Thanks for posting this! We are moving to Charlotte and are considering Fort Mills. Your recommendation really helps. I miss having such friendly neighbors as the ones you describe. Thanks!
snapdragon - best of luck with your upcoming move!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypat View Post
I am moving in June to Fort Mill. My husband has been there since April 12th and he loves it. We are in the Whitley Mill development and he is very happy.
Can't wait to get there. We have a one year old and I already joined a mom's group. I will not have any family there so I hope I can make friends for me and my child.
Thanks
welcome to the area nypat - there are many here that have moved away from their friends and families....many are in the same boat as you...I think you will be just fine (sounds like you already have a very good start).

All the best to you!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:57 PM

10 posts, read 32,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post

Definitely consider Ft. Mill! Lived in Charlotte for 8 years and then made the move across the border - best decision we ever made! Low taxes, excellent schools and just a couple of minutes away from Charlotte!

Old 05-30-2007, 05:21 AM

20 posts, read 100,035 times
yeay! congratulations on your safe (somewhat except the broken arm) move!
I am so glad you posted. We will be moving there in one short month and now the nervousness is just starting to set in and your post made my morning.
Best wishes to you and yours.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:51 PM

4 posts, read 6,669 times
Default whitegrove

Hey, I am very happy for you and glad to hear there are nice and friendly people living at Whitegrove subdivision. I have been living in Whitegrove for 7 years now and consider this neighborhood extremely unfriendly. I live at the end of cul du sac and there is only one friendly neighbor that my family is able to communicate with. We are lucky to receive "high" back from the majority of the people on our street. And no we are not loud and nasty people that not keeping up with their property (if that's what you just thought ) We are friendly, maintaining our yard very well and not causing any problems... I guess we were just unlucky to move to most unfriendly street in Whitegrove...

Old 08-24-2007, 03:10 PM

425 posts, read 1,570,676 times
I just met some other new neighbors who I met through a neighborhood email. They are having a similar experince to you. Not on a great street some neighbors don't even wave back. PM me with your street name or number and we should get together. Another family from these boards just moved to WHitegrove in addition to baggleflap and myself.

I am in the midst of putting together a neighborhood whitewater rafting trip. Are you on the email list for the newsletters ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties