Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 08:55 AM

673 posts, read 466,217 times

Advertisements

Obama was not the "first black president". This is another falsehood perpetuated by the left.
Notice he wasn't referred to as the first half white president...............

The issue of skin color being the only difference between whites and blacks.......another lie. People live in a dream world of lies. Ask any doctor or med student if there is a difference in the skeletal formation of a black vs. a white.
O.K .........I'll answer it for you, yes. Blacks have different skeletons than whites.

Makes me chuckle how gullible people are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 02:00 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
even grew up in Indonesia where there are no African/Black
Obama was a black boy growing up with a grand mother who was confused by this. When he stepped foot on the mainland he was seen as a black man and was treated as one. When he moved to Chicago he was embraced by the black community there.

In fact had he started his political career in a predominantly what area n Chicago he would NOT have won office as that was a deeply segregated city in the 90s when he began his political career.

In fact Obama is an illustration of the fact that in the USA black=black, regardless as to the background of the person. Certainly did when Obama was growing up even if it isnt as obvious today.

Barack Obama says that he is a black man. One day people will quit telling him what he is.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
According to this article, Obama married Michelle to ensure he would win the presidency, especially to get the African American vote. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d2f673825096
You cannot win the presidency "based on the African American vote". In fact if being president was his goal he would have found some wealthy white liberal to marry, maybe one of the Kennedys.

I know people who knew him at Columbia U. He did NOT mix with white students. He saw himself in fact more as a non white foreign student. We can debate as to what point did his "non whiteness" morph into a specifically black identity, but what we do know is that when he was a student at Columbia he wasn't embedded among the white students.

Obama left NYC to move to the Chicago inner city. This is BEFORE he met Michelle. I very much doubt that a kid in the 80s with Obama's background saw himself as presidential. Up to that time one had to have a wealthy background to achieve this.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Unfortunately, I agree with your first paragraph, Antonio. I would not be surprised if the Obamas are staying married because of appearances and the children. .
If Michelle had her way Obama would have stopped the "community activist foolishness" and did what most Harvard Law grads do and that is get a good job in a prestigious law firm. The fact that he didn't do so risked his divorce as she was tired of having to bear the full financial burden of maintaining the family. Married women rarely admire men who force them to play this role.

I suggest that you research Antonio R better and you will learn that he considers anyone who thinks that blacks should assertively voice their views is a radical black Afrocentric militant. Just debate with him about the Dominican skin color issue and you will see his true colors.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Obama was not the "first black president". This is another falsehood .
So he is the 44th white president?

Old 09-10-2018, 03:17 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,467,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I suggest that you research Antonio R better and you will learn that he considers anyone who thinks that blacks should assertively voice their views is a radical black Afrocentric militant. Just debate with him about the Dominican skin color issue and you will see his true colors.
Unlike the majority of people on CD, I don't write people off because I might vehemently disagree with them on some (or most) issues. That's what's wrong with the world today. People unwilling to hear you out because they "don't like" you. That makes you close-minded, and I try not to be that way.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:02 PM

673 posts, read 466,217 times
I'm going to add one more thing then I will go away. The term African American means nothing. Civilization started in Africa.......period. Africans come in all colors......not just blacks. Another falsehood invented by the enemies of America.

If you have ever traveled in Africa you know exactly of what I speak.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:17 PM

10,099 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Unfortunately, I agree with your first paragraph, Antonio. I would not be surprised if the Obamas are staying married because of appearances and the children. No judgment, because many people do. But based on Michelle Obama's background, I wonder what attracted her to Barack Obama in the first place. I don't think Obama is totally faking it. I honestly believe he doesn't really know what space he fits in. In addition to the weight of being the first black president, I think his "people pleasing" nature comes from wanting to be accepted by everyone. People with a strong identity don't feel the need to be accepted by everyone. You know that's impossible. You focus on those who accept you and forget the rest. Obviously you can't do that as president (and certainly not a black one), but look at Trump. Say what you will...you can tell he has a strong sense of self (even if a lot of it is ego) by the way he leads. He makes his decisions wit confidence. I can even point to Serena Williams who, like Obama, spends her entire career navigating a white space that's hostile to her. But she is unapologetically herself, for better or worse. She gets that from her father. There is a great clip on YouTube of an interview with Venus as a child. Richard Williams stops the interviewer when he realized the man was trying to show seeds of doubt in Venus (Venus confidently expressed that she could beat a player, and the interviewer kept questioning her about it). It is an awesome lesson for any parent of any race about not allowing people to ruin your child's self-estreem. Richard Williams's influence is very apparent in Serena and Venus. It is why people can't stand Serena and seek to tear her down. She behaves like a white girl on the court (asserts herself) and doesn't know her place.

I wrote all that to say...I don't think Obama "using" the black community is as sinister as people believe. Calculating? Yes. But I honestly think he's just trying to fit in where he can. It's hard being a black man who grew up "white" but will never be fully accepted because of the color of your skin. And you can't really relate to the experiences of your skin color brethren who accept you. Not a fun place to be.
I don’t doubt that Barack and Michelle love each other.

It’s very hard for me to say what lead Michelle to unite with Barack, mostly because I haven’t researched her aspect of this.

With Barack, and based on all the information that exist regarding who he picked to be his spouse, its certain to me that from his part it didn’t start with love but interest. The love part probably grew on him with time, if not durig courtship and marriage then definitely after the daughters were born. None of this negates that Barack initially picked Michelle not so much due to a love of her, but rather his desire to become president. At that particular moment of his life he decided to sacrifice his own full happiness because his desire to be president was greater. Had the US been a different type of society where people’s allegiances aren’t based on race/color/with whom they date or marry, that’s one sacrifice Barack would had never done.

Now that I think about it, I don’t think the US has ever had an interracial presidential family. The reasons for that probably has nothing to do with many of the presidents themselves but rather the racism that permeats US society.

Last edited by AntonioR; 09-10-2018 at 05:26 PM..

Old 09-10-2018, 06:17 PM

631 posts, read 563,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I don’t doubt that Barack and Michelle love each other.

It’s very hard for me to say what lead Michelle to unite with Barack, mostly because I haven’t researched her aspect of this.

With Barack, and based on all the information that exist regarding who he picked to be his spouse, its certain to me that from his part it didn’t start with love but interest. The love part probably grew on him with time, if not durig courtship and marriage then definitely after the daughters were born. None of this negates that Barack initially picked Michelle not so much due to a love of her, but rather his desire to become president. At that particular moment of his life he decided to sacrifice his own full happiness because his desire to be president was greater. Had the US been a different type of society where people’s allegiances aren’t based on race/color/with whom they date or marry, that’s one sacrifice Barack would had never done.

Now that I think about it, I don’t think the US has ever had an interracial presidential family. The reasons for that probably has nothing to do with many of the presidents themselves but rather the racism that permeats US society.
I think it is very true that many Americans, independent of race, would have held Barack Obama suspect if he had married a white woman... and that this would have prevented his political ascendancy.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:22 PM

631 posts, read 563,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Here is a very interesting video that I came across that may open up some eyes on this topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQUR...&feature=share
It's interesting... the woman in the video says that blacks built America... you hear that a lot among Afro-centrists... negating the contributions of other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa