Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 07:36 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
Hopefully, ole Johnny Law will vets and retired members a break when they see the plates. I haven’t tested that theory yet.
I don't think so. I got a speeding ticket going over Chapman Mountain a few years ago. Speed limit 50. A truck pulling a mobile home had just merged in from Oakwood and I stayed behind him for quite some time, but he was varying speed and swaying all over the road. I timed it when he was swaying right, goosed it a bit, got to 66, and when I got around the truck half of HPD was there with a speed trap. I suppose I deserved a ticket but still don't feel bad about getting out of the way of the trailer. Had my Navy tag on the rear and it apparently didn't impress the officer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 08:17 AM

653 posts, read 589,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
Ah, cool. I knew I had seen a personalized one somewhere. Just wasn't sure. I would have thought it would have shown up with the standard plate under that filter since they tend to bill it as an alternate standard as opposed to a speciality style. Oh well.

If they come up with something new, they should copy the design of the older Georgia or Florida plates. Both of their current designs look bad now, so it would be fine to roll out a classic design based on something they bailed on. You can't beat a masterpiece of a tag like this...

https://images.app.goo.gl/BiwTctxG5pVQYhwJ9

Or this...

https://images.app.goo.gl/HntNwrXEbYbb7KW26
I always liked the Florida plates depicted on the right side of the image; two plates '88 & 91, raised numbers with the Florida colored orange and the county listed on the bottom.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:31 PM

1,017 posts, read 639,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I've been wondering when Alabama would replace the yellow/green/blue license plates.
Next year apparently.

https://imgur.com/a/4o3eaQs

Hot take. Looks kind of ugly to me, especially if you have anything but a white car. And... once again apparently all the juice goes to the Gulf Coast.

Old 09-19-2021, 07:35 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Next year apparently.

Hot take. Looks kind of ugly to me, especially if you have anything but a white car. And... once again apparently all the juice goes to the Gulf Coast.
From the link above I didn't see any juice for the Gulf ? The first one on the left has water but that doesn't mean it's the Gulf.

Old 09-19-2021, 08:05 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I have the Forests Forever on mine. I hate the standard issued plates.

Old 09-19-2021, 09:08 AM

1,017 posts, read 639,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
From the link above I didn't see any juice for the Gulf ? The first one on the left has water but that doesn't mean it's the Gulf.
The top left plate is the standard issue one. It looks like a beach setting to me.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Next year apparently.

Looks a lot like the one before the present one except for the color.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
You don't find many of those sand fences (or whatever they're called) anywhere else in the state except on the Gulf.

Which begs the question - how do you get a sunset, or perhaps it's a sunrise, while looking south from the beaches?

I think it looks better than the current standard issue yellow/green one.

Old 09-19-2021, 03:59 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
You don't find many of those sand fences (or whatever they're called) anywhere else in the state except on the Gulf.

Which begs the question - how do you get a sunset, or perhaps it's a sunrise, while looking south from the beaches?

I think it looks better than the current standard issue yellow/green one.
Easy, Fort Morgan, Dauphin Island or anywhere along the coast just move up a little on the beach and turn left or right

Old 09-23-2021, 08:29 AM

614 posts, read 766,569 times
I always request a "47" plate when I get new tags. And I do like the new service center on Oakwood and the PKWY. Good parking. Easy to deal with, and a familiar slow incompetence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama