Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times

Advertisements

I like the cute emoties.

Ray, I don't give a rat's ass what you have a problem with or what you don't, but here's a project for you: name ONE local processor on POW who processes bear meat into sausage. Actually, I can save you the trouble of Googling frantically for an answer: there aren't any. There may or may not be a few guys who do it from their homes on the sly, but real processors know where the money is. You can't even store a bear hide in a fish freezer according to the law, and no one would want to anyway.

Every time I see you post something idiotic, I console myself with the thought that at least your poor wife is being spared, for the time, your inane babblings.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,164,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I like the cute emoties.

Ray, I don't give a rat's ass what you have a problem with or what you don't, but here's a project for you: name ONE local processor on POW who processes bear meat into sausage. Actually, I can save you the trouble of Googling frantically for an answer: there aren't any. There may or may not be a few guys who do it from their homes on the sly, but real processors know where the money is. You can't even store a bear hide in a fish freezer according to the law, and no one would want to anyway.

Every time I see you post something idiotic, I console myself with the thought that at least your poor wife is being spared, for the time, your inane babblings.
And so I don't give a rat's ass about you having a problem or not. Also, where did I speak about food processors in POW?

Old 05-04-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Rance, and so I don't give a rat's ass about you having a problem or not. Also, where did I speak about food processors in POW?
This sentence makes little sense, as usual. Z.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,458 times
Quote:
And so I don't give a rat's ass about you having a problem or not. Also, where did I speak about food processors in POW?
You didn't, but the the implication was that what applies in and around Fairbanks applies elsewhere in Alaska.

Even as a green-ass newcomer, I can see that there is tremendous variety in local customs around this large and diverse state. Why is there so little respect for that? Met has not told hunters how to hunt in the interior, she's talking about POW. Seems to me that they are two very different environments.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post
You didn't, but the the implication was that what applies in and around Fairbanks applies elsewhere in Alaska.

Even as a green-ass newcomer, I can see that there is tremendous variety in local customs around this large and diverse state. Why is there so little respect for that? Met has not told hunters how to hunt in the interior, she's talking about POW. Seems to me that they are two very different environments.
No. The rules relating to bear hunting apply to all of Alaska, and have nothing to do with "customs." The meat processors of the interior of Alaska do not (applies just to the interior). I was not referring the food processors in PWS.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
No. The rules relating to bear hunting apply to all of Alaska, and have nothing to do with "customs." The meat processors of the interior of Alaska do not (just the interior). I as not referring the food processors in PWS.
What is allowed by the law may not always be that which is most respected by locals; it's often the lowest accepted standard of behavior. I'm not really sure I understand the rest of your post, sorry.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
No. The rules relating to bear hunting apply to all of Alaska, and have nothing to do with "customs." The meat processors of the interior of Alaska do not (just the interior). I as not referring the food processors in PWS.

PWS as in Prince William Sound, Ray?

Please tell me that you don't actually think that POW is located in the sound.

Even you surely can't be that obtuse.

I am sure that you'll quickly Google it...

Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
What is allowed by the law may not always be that which is most respected by locals; it's often the lowest standard of behavior. I'm not really sure I understand the rest of your post, sorry.
For some reason I think that he is trying to reference Prince William Sound. Perhaps his poor wife is working late again and he's into his cups of wine a bit more than usual.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
What is allowed by the law may not always be that which is most respected by locals; it's often the lowest standard of behavior. I'm not really sure I understand the rest of your post, sorry.
You could understand it if you go back and read my post before Met went ballistic on me.

My points are as follows: some hunt, some fish, some bear bait, some trap. One can finds faults with every person who participate in any of these activities, but I don't. There are rules relating to each of these activities, and I posted the rules relating to bear hunting. These rules apply to Alaska.

The regulations indicate that all the eatable meat must be salvaged from black bears (within the exceptions listed).

Last edited by RayinAK; 05-05-2012 at 12:01 AM..

Old 05-04-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
You could understand it if you go back and read my post before Met went ballistic on me.

My points are as follows: some hunt, some fish, some bear bait, some trap. One can finds faults with every person who participate in any of these activities, but I don't.
I've read every post on this thread, and if you look back at them, as well as the ones I made on the thread that was locked, you will see that I even made an argument for baiting if a person needed to kill that animal to survive.

I understand your point. I simply disagree with you. Nugent is a sport hunter, and I see little sport in baiting for animals that, from the sound of things, one practically trips over in that corner of the world. He didn't track it, he didn't outwit it, he just shot it, and for someone who considers hunting a test of skill, that seems really, really lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska