Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 AM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Classic-
Closed minded neocons like yourself scare the hell out of me. You actually believe the garbage that you're shoveling and that's frightening. MissingAll4Seasons has been 100% correct in her assessments and I cannot truly fathom those who tout the belief that conscious thought makes one more important in the scheme of things. There is no justification for such an attitude....period. Of course, seeing as you have shown no sign of conscious thought yourself, I shouldn't be surprised.

Gonna call me me a nazi now too?
Of course I'm not going to call you a Nazi. Ignorant yes, but a Nazi, no. I suggest you reread this thread because I've never called anyone a Nazi.

Missingall4seasons is so ridiculously out of touch with reality as to enter the realm of being humorous if it weren't so dangerous. I am getting so sick and tired of this naive, factually clueless rhetoric from the eco-nuts that it makes me want to puke. Their science is suspect, at the very best, and the remedial action that these fools would use to "solve" these imaginary problems will cause grave economic hardship.

Xa'at, you can regurgitate all of the leftist garbage you are getting force- fed at school till you're blue in the face, it still doesn't make you right. Nice use of the "neocon" term btw, I see you have your talking points down pat. That viewpoint has nothing to do with the subject being discussed. So who exactly is the one showing "no sign of conscious thought" eh?

Old 05-16-2008, 12:47 AM

2,628 posts, read 6,887,802 times
Default This I Promise You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Xa'at, you can regurgitate all of the leftist garbage you are getting force- fed at school till you're blue in the face, it still doesn't make you right. Nice use of the "neocon" term btw, I see you have your talking points down pat. That viewpoint has nothing to do with the subject being discussed. So who exactly is the one showing "no sign of conscious thought" eh?
Well, it sure isn't me. I've carefully examined all data and lent significant thought to the matter which has led me to the the conclusions that I have made. I am a science major, I know scientific process inside and out. My motto since middle school has been to question everything, and that's something I follow to this day. I'm not a leftist because of what I'm being "force fed" at school, I'm a leftist because modern science and my own observations support the theory that the earth is in fact warming and we are accelerating, if not out and out causing it. The fact that my mother raised me to tread lightly, respect others, and always give thanks to mother earth might factor in there somewhere too.

The fact remains, whatever else can be said about the subject, that it is foolish, nay, dangerous- to believe that we have no impact on the environment. We pump greenhouse gases and fluorocarbons into the atmosphere, contaminate the water with all manner of acidic mine drainage, and bury radioactive waste deep under the ground that will continue to be deadly long after we have killed each other off. There is no possible way that we could not be effecting the ecosystem.

Ignoring this problem is not going to make it go away, and it won't be long before this ceases to become an issue of environmentalism and begins to become a problem of the preservation of the human race. If we don't take steps to counter our insatiable appetite for fossil fuels, we will continue to be embroiled in overseas wars with a failing economy. If we don't stop spewing noxious gases into the atmosphere, the plankton in the sea- our number one source of oxygen- will die and we won't be far behind. The facts, despite what you might think, cannot be disputed.

If we don't protect this earth to whom we owe everything, we will lose everything. As a scientist, this I promise you.

I also promise that this will be the last time I will say anything on this subject or any other non-Alaska political issue. I have better things to do with my life than deal with circular, ad hominem arguments. You can believe whatever you want about me, but you'd better also believe this: I do what I do because I'm a selfish little *****: I want the world that I, and your daughter, for that matter, to inherit to be clean, harmonious, and equal. I honestly don't think that's too much to ask.

Good day to you, sir.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:17 AM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Well, it sure isn't me. I've carefully examined all data and lent significant thought to the matter which has led me to the the conclusions that I have made. I am a science major, I know scientific process inside and out. My motto since middle school has been to question everything, and that's something I follow to this day. I'm not a leftist because of what I'm being "force fed" at school, I'm a leftist because modern science and my own observations support the theory that the earth is in fact warming and we are accelerating, if not out and out causing it. The fact that my mother raised me to tread lightly, respect others, and always give thanks to mother earth might factor in there somewhere too.

The fact remains, whatever else can be said about the subject, that it is foolish, nay, dangerous- to believe that we have no impact on the environment. We pump greenhouse gases and fluorocarbons into the atmosphere, contaminate the water with all manner of acidic mine drainage, and bury radioactive waste deep under the ground that will continue to be deadly long after we have killed each other off. There is no possible way that we could not be effecting the ecosystem.

Ignoring this problem is not going to make it go away, and it won't be long before this ceases to become an issue of environmentalism and begins to become a problem of the preservation of the human race. If we don't take steps to counter our insatiable appetite for fossil fuels, we will continue to be embroiled in overseas wars with a failing economy. If we don't stop spewing noxious gases into the atmosphere, the plankton in the sea- our number one source of oxygen- will die and we won't be far behind. The facts, despite what you might think, cannot be disputed.

If we don't protect this earth to whom we owe everything, we will lose everything. As a scientist, this I promise you.

I also promise that this will be the last time I will say anything on this subject or any other non-Alaska political issue. I have better things to do with my life than deal with circular, ad hominem arguments. You can believe whatever you want about me, but you'd better also believe this: I do what I do because I'm a selfish little *****: I want the world that I, and your daughter, for that matter, to inherit to be clean, harmonious, and equal. I honestly don't think that's too much to ask.

Good day to you, sir.
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. However, there is just far too much evidence which stands in direct contradiction to the hysterical "sky-is-falling" rhetoric from the environmental movement. To be frank, to think that the human race could have a noticeable impact on the global climate less than 150 years after the Industrial Revolution is patently ludicrous.

But, we're all entitled to our own views and mine is backed up by just as much science as yours. I just don't want my tax money spent, and the economy damaged, to fight a nonexistent boogeyman. That's all.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:22 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
I just don't want my tax money spent, and the economy damaged, to fight a nonexistent boogeyman. That's all.
Not a problem. There are others out there who will clean up this mess.
I'm sure that the NWO has a plan for all of us...

Old 05-16-2008, 09:07 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Classic your entitled to your opinion...just like everyone else...but this constant name calling will not be tolerated. That might be how they do it in California...but it's not gonna fly here. I am closing this thread before I have to start giving out vacations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska