Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:42 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Don't you care at all that you could be wrong?
Think about it this way: if 99% of the scientists right now turn out, miraculously, to be wrong, and anthropogenic global warming isn't real- what will we have lost? Some money, a slightly weakened economy. Big whoop. In the long run, money can't buy lives back.
But if we're right, we're destroying the planet, and progress isn't taken because people like you refuse to admit that which slaps you in the face, think about the ruined world that your daughter and her children will inherit.
I just can't believe that you would be willing to take that chance.
There are just as many, if not more, scientists who believe that any minor increases/decreases in global temps are due to the warming/cooling cycles that the Earth has been experiencing for millions of years. You never hear about that because the news media has abandoned objectivity and devoted itself to pushing it's nutty agenda at the expense of the truth. But hey, we've been down this road before and we can both argue till we're blue in the face and nobody's mind will be changed. This is a really good article though:

Sun Blamed for Warming of Earth and Other Worlds | LiveScience

Quote:
I got a new prescription for my glasses & its hard to do some things, like shooting. So when are you running for mayor, Satch?
Lol, I'm not dishonest enough to be a politician.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:31 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,107,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Anthropogenic global warming is right up there with the Loch Ness monster in terms of actual truth.
Nessie is alive and well in my homeland - thank you She's a fine waterhorse!

Old 05-14-2008, 06:14 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,866,256 times
Quote:
Now, I believe in anthropogenic global warming, however I do appreciate those who at least acknowledge that it's warming at all.
In the long run, it doesn't really matter whether we caused it or not: what does matter is that most of florida is doing to be underwater very soon, and we're going to keep seeing massive storms and other natural disasters. It's up to us to adapt or die: but then isn't that how it's always been?
Yes Dear! would be my short form of a response!

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 05-14-2008 at 06:37 PM..

Old 05-14-2008, 07:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! This is me running in exasperated circles around you non-believers.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:29 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! This is me running in exasperated circles around you non-believers.
Got any holy water in your squirt gun?

Old 05-14-2008, 07:39 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,948,962 times
Quote:
Would it help your mental state if I said that while I believe we humans aren't the sole cause of the global warming pattern, that I do believe we might be exacerbating or accelerating the process? It's half-way between devoted zealotry and short-sighted refusal.

And Nessie rocks!! Just because no one's been able to "prove" much of anything "scientifically" doesn't mean poop -- all things that can't be disproven either are still possible

Old 05-14-2008, 09:10 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,694 times
Quote:
By running around you are increasing your respiration and therefore releasing more CO2 into the atmosphere. Therefore you must be taxed and regulated out of existence.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
By running around you are increasing your respiration and therefore releasing more CO2 into the atmosphere. Therefore you must be taxed and regulated out of existence.
Not necessarily, she could always buy an exemption.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:34 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,889,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Got any holy water in your squirt gun?
You know it's on my list of things to do before I die to drink holy water? But every time I go into a church the basin of water always has weird stuff floating in it...

Old 05-14-2008, 09:48 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
You know it's on my list of things to do before I die to drink holy water? But every time I go into a church the basin of water always has weird stuff floating in it...
What you're seeing is all the hypocrisies of parishioners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska