Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:01 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,812,184 times

Advertisements

do people actually pay any attention to those freak shows...

Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,027,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
do people actually pay any attention to those freak shows...
Apparently...why else would Keith and Rachel have their own shows?!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,271,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
On the contrary, it's going to be quite amusing.
People like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Michael Savage will be guaranteed four years of job security, unless of course the dems resurrect the "fairness doctrine". But people like Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow will likely see their ratings plummet and will get the boot. With the Chosen One" in office and majorities in both houses, who will they have to blame?
Re. Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage - soon this rancid tribe will be reduced to ranting from the sidelines and in the not-too-distant future they will be discarded as fossils. By 2050, the US will have a significant Hispanic presence, and what are hitherto considered minorities will increase their numbers. In short, there is a demographic tsunami coming and it will wash away the Hannitys and Limbaughs and that brand of intolerance into irrelevance. What will survive is the idea of America, its principles, its constitution, its ideals. People of diverse ethnicities will be united under one nation like no other.

Get used to it.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:10 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,001,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Classic Satch,

Please, can you participate in a civil discussion? You see, it would take very little effort for me to engage you in logomachy. I can do invective very well, and from your limited capacity on display here, far better than you. But it won't get us anywhere. It is bloody easy to be a tiger behind the keyboard. Let it be a war of ideas instead.

Now what is this "distinct American culture" that you talk about? Can you elaborate?
I thought I made it clear before. I'm done arguing with you nutball leftists. It's impossible to hold a discourse with people who actually believe in such a foolish worldview. Hence, my subscription to this thread is being removed in about 5 seconds. Enjoy your time in Oz and say hello to the Wizard for me!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:13 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,271,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
I thought I made it clear before. I'm done arguing with you nutball leftists. It's impossible to hold a discourse with people who actually believe in such a foolish worldview. Hence, my subscription to this thread is being removed in about 5 seconds. Enjoy your time in Oz and say hello to the Wizard for me!
Translation: "Mommy, mommy, see what they did to me. Vaa vaa vaa. I'm taking my ball and going home."

Old 11-01-2008, 11:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Three more days and you get your disgrace of a governor back. I hope they recall her before the spring, but then, I don't think she realizes that S.E. is part of Alaska. She probably thinks its her neighbor Afghanistan.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Re. Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage - soon this rancid tribe will be reduced to ranting from the sidelines and in the not-too-distant future they will be discarded as fossils. By 2050, the US will have a significant Hispanic presence, and what are hitherto considered minorities will increase their numbers. In short, there is a demographic tsunami coming and it will wash away the Hannitys and Limbaughs and that brand of intolerance into irrelevance. What will survive is the idea of America, its principles, its constitution, its ideals. People of diverse ethnicities will be united under one nation like no other.

Get used to it.
Being from Kommiefornia, you, in particular should be aware that most Hispanics hold pretty conservative family and social values. While they may be voting presently D due to economic interests, inevitably, as their economic standing improves, they will shift over to the right. Once the Republicans overcome their current stigma of corruption, which they will, you are likely to see another repeat of '94.

As for the current crop of conservative talk show hosts becoming fossilized museum exhibits, remember that it was the Clinton years that marked their most expansive growth. Clinton is an evangelical hardliner compared to Obama, so we could be in for an unprecedented explosion of talk radio!

Last edited by Moose Whisperer; 11-01-2008 at 11:26 PM..

Old 11-01-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
She probably thinks its her neighbor Afghanistan.
I don't think you can "see" Afghanistan from Alaska!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Well, you and I know that, but the governor's proven quite a few times that geography, among other scholastic subjects, isn't quite her forte. She should have stuck with reporting sports in Anchorage.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well, you and I know that, but the governor's proven quite a few times that geography, among other scholastic subjects, isn't quite her forte. She should have stuck with reporting sports in Anchorage.
Maybe those "cool" glasses she wears are actually telescopes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska