Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:46 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
f-ing a

Naturally it only takes a little Frangelico so I'll be forced to put some in my afternoon coffee as well; probably mix up a little whipped cream also...
Don't waste a drop or a dollop...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
okay Dusty I have two kinds of capers on hand...one in vinegar and one in salt brine...which do you use??? I am assuming it is salt brine but then again the old adage do not assume!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
Grillin' some burgers.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
okay Dusty I have two kinds of capers on hand...one in vinegar and one in salt brine...which do you use??? I am assuming it is salt brine but then again the old adage do not assume!!!
Lol, have both also, use the one that I want the flavor of most at this point in time, you know how it is, sometimes you want one more than the other.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:43 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
OK, let me think about this for a minute or two........ well,.........
pre-heat oven to 325 degrees

Wash your hands please!

3 lbs of ground meat-if no fat involved with the meat add 1/2 lb of ground bacon (necessary when using Deer, Caribou and various other game animals not known for their fat content, or, put in about a pound of ground sausage instead of the bacon- sausage is only about half fat, bacon has a higher percentage) In a large mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients-if using store bought hamburger, no additional fat is necessary

3 large eggs-remove the shell please
2 tbsp hot sauce- (valentino's is best, if you can get it up there)
1 med. Onion- chopped all to hell!, another way to phrase it would be "minced finely"
1 pack (sleeve) of Townhouse crackers - Ritz will do in a pinch, each box usually has 4 sealed packs (sleeves)

1/2 cup stuffed (w/pimentos) olives, minced finely-another way of saying "chopped all to hell!"
2 cloves garlic minced finely, 3 if you really like garlic (I use three)
1/4 cup catsup
1/8 cup worstershire sauce
2 tbl spoons Olive Oil
2 tbl spoonsful of grated parmesan cheese
I normally add half a jar of capers, all mushed up (the jars I find are 3.5 oz)
2 tsp salt

Wash your hands again and take off any rings, and your watch (not necessarily in this order)

using your hands mix everything together until it is a consistent mixture of all ingredients.

Dump onto cutting board and form a log

I use a large cast Iron skillet, a baking pan will do nicely, lightly oil whichever you are using and place the meatloaf in/on the pan/skillet- put it in the oven for one hour, do not open to peek, leave it the hell alone for one hour. After one hour, check to see if it is browned somewhat, if it is, remove from oven and let cool, cut and serve.

I use the same recipe for meatballs, for spaghetti, or stuck with toothpicks to dip in queso sauce

If you can not get valentino's hot sauce, send me your mailing address and I will ship you some. C + s/h the bottle is usually less than a dollar down here.
OOPS, sorry folks forgot to mention, crush the crackers all up finely, is the binder for the meatloaf-my bad, oops.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:12 PM

411 posts, read 961,620 times
Default Smoked Hard Boiled Eggs!

Smoked Hard Boiled Eggs!!!!

Try em, unbelievable flavor.

1 dz hard boiled and peeled eggs. Make that 2 dozen cause they're so darn good.

Fire up the smoker, low heat, about 120 F.

Add favorite wood chips to fire.

Lots of smoke!

15 minutes and yer on yer way to "eggstacy".

Eat em warm and remember wanderer818 at yer table.

Last edited by Wanderer818; 02-20-2009 at 08:42 PM..

Old 02-20-2009, 10:31 PM

258 posts, read 560,327 times
Barbeque meat, what a novel concept!
My grill has been buried in the snow and ice for 4 months. It warmed up enough a week ago that you can see the top few inches of the lid.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 PM

471 posts, read 1,327,088 times
Smoked Eggs?
Why am I just hearing about this!!!!
Well, my saturday is planned out now.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 PM

471 posts, read 1,327,088 times
Here's something we came up with for humpys. Completely cover with louiseanna (sp) hot sauce. Take out and let dry on a rack for about 10 min. Roll in some seasoned bread crumbs and bake in the oven.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:46 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
hmmm, smoked eggs. That sounds very interesting! I just discovered putting a few slices of cheese on top of Ramen noodles, with an egg in it of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska