Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:19 PM

411 posts, read 961,620 times

Advertisements

Who, me?

I think the last time I used an actual oven was back in ,,,,, oh yeah, '74.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
As we are on one of my fav subjects, here are just a few of the Que's I use.

Now I've got to find the Boat BBQ's and a couple more webers around here somewhere. Oh, and my Big Green Egg is buried somewhere around here too.

How many is too many?

btw, new laptop today. Turned on the big boy with a nice cold Newcastle in my hands and dropped it,,, laptop and main cpu fizzled out on me.
That's why you get a used Panasonic Toughbook off of Ebay. 1.6 mhz with a 160 gig hard drive. But the important part is it's fully rugged. Rubber backlit keyboard with a touchscreen. Not a fast gaming computer but when you spill your coffee or beer on the keyboard it's not a problem, just rinse it off in the shower and your ready to go. I've heard they have also stopped bullets and shrapnel in Iraq but I'm kind of afraid to try that out.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/akbushcop/minercomp29.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-24-2009, 06:04 PM

Who wants Chicken Tonight?

Red wanted Chicken tonight so here we go.

1 whole Chicken and some Breasts to go along for the ride.
Olive Oil the whole chicken so she wont burn the skin.
Pepper
Lawry's

Took me 5 Minutes to prep.

This will continue as we cook it tonight.

Use the Indirect method on the Weber.

Place the Bird in the middle of the Weber and shut the lid.

Takes anywhere from 45 Mins to an Hour.
Attached Thumbnails
OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0409.jpg   OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0410.jpg   OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0411.jpg   OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0412.jpg   OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0416.jpg  

OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0417.jpg  

Last edited by Wanderer818; 02-24-2009 at 06:19 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
That's why you get a used Panasonic Toughbook off of Ebay. 1.6 mhz with a 160 gig hard drive. But the important part is it's fully rugged. Rubber backlit keyboard with a touchscreen. Not a fast gaming computer but when you spill your coffee or beer on the keyboard it's not a problem, just rinse it off in the shower and your ready to go. I've heard they have also stopped bullets and shrapnel in Iraq but I'm kind of afraid to try that out.

That will be the next one.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:16 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Who wants Chicken Tonight?

Red wanted Chicken tonight so here we go.

1 whole Chicken and some Breasts to go along for the ride.
Olive Oil the whole chicken so she wont burn the skin.
Pepper
Lawry's

Took me 5 Minutes to prep.

This will continue as we cook it tonight.
Don't forget to cover the breast of the bird with a few strips of bacon. It bastes the bird as the bacon fat renders and adds a wonderful bacon flavor to the skin.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM

Hold on there Glitch.

Got one of them non pork eaters here tonight so we'll keep it real simple.

For added flavor try stuffing the bird with oranges, lemon, lime. But agin, this is a simple and easy way to get the Bird on the table.

Let that bird cook UNINTERUPTED, i.e,,, don't take the cover off.

And don't put the Breast's on until the whole bird has cooked for at least 45 minutes.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
ahhhhh yummy yum~~!! thanks for sharing Warpt! if someone is so inclined I would like to know about Rances recipe cooking Halibut with bacon please. Also I tend to over cook Halibut so...cook slow low heat, fast high heat ????
Flames, I don't think Rance will mind as he is not feeling to well, so...cut halibut into chunks about 1-1/2" or so, just make sure pretty much the same size for cooking uniformly...wrap each chunk with bacon. I use the thin stuff so it cooks faster, and cut each slice into at least 1/2 if not 1/3 depending on how 'stretchy' it is...put on skewers (I use 2 to make the turning easier). I also season a little with lemon pepper or grill seasoning. I cook on the grill over medium coals (oven either 400 or broil). Slather with BBQ sauce of choice as you cook, if coals are hot it won't take much more than 10 to 15 minutes total. I let go about 3 minutes, flip, slather, 3 more minutes, flip, slather, etc....as you want the bacon to cook with the fish and the fish goes fast. In the oven I will cook at about 400 to 425 about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the recipe, it cooks fast so overcooking is easy to do, especially for those like me that like to cook things slow...

They will look similar to the shrimp here as they are done the same way...

Last edited by Grannysroost; 02-24-2009 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: add

Old 02-24-2009, 06:57 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Not a fanatic about BBQ or something, are you?
wow ya don't know what your missing Mal!!! BBQ and I don't mean a ketchup sauce baste....there's noth'n like it....we have what friend have named "Holy Sh**T" grill..big enough to roast a pig....dang we can't bring it with us in the move to AK...but...OMG food tastes soooo much better cooked on it...even roasted veggies!! cook year round in knee deep snow!!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 PM

Well now.

Time for the Breast's and more wood chips.

Color looks pretty good so far.

Let those Breasts absorb the smoke. In 5 minutes we'll put em over the coals for a few minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0424.jpg   OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0425.jpg   OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0426.jpg  

Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
oops sorry Grannysroost... thanks so much for the Halibut cooking tips...can't wait to try...maybe next day or so..oh hope Rance feels better soon...all that travel and ya know....spending time with wife!! The trip in itself is exhausting as hubby and I have done similar loop in Sweden/Norway and it is brutal but fabulous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska