Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 PM

411 posts, read 962,501 times

Advertisements

Just ask this one. Momma gave him some bones and now their ready for bed.

I know, I know. Dogs in the bed? Just MoJo, Red spoiled her from day one. Mollnir sleeps on the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
OK Who's Hungry?-dscn0436.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 05:50 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,744,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
We had halibut chowder with baby reds, carrots, bacon...topped with cripsy bacon & green onions, with parmesan bread to dip....

I cooked the bacon and the halibut in the oven...bad right....they have a chowder cookoff at a bar here in March, and think gonna call for the rules...will try another version with grilling the halibut and maybe some shrimp....hmmmmm pics of food are eye candy...
darn your pic didn't come thru....but I'm drool'n anyway!! Are most of the chowder in AK milk based or seafood broth???

Old 02-25-2009, 06:38 AM

Default Quick, Easy, Srambled Eggs

If you have not tried this you might like it.

Microwave Scrambled Eggs!

I kid you not.

I start with 6 large fresh Eggs in a cereal bowl. And I don't share.
You can sub powdered eggs for the fresh if that's what you have.
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk. Powdered Milk works too. Just mix it with water before adding to Eggs.
Whisk the eggs together like normal, with milk, salt & pepper.
Micro on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
After 1 minute take em out and stir em up.
After that, take em out every 30 to 45 seconds and stir again.

These are the fluffiest, moistest Scrambled Eggs ever!

Imagine, a one bowl meal. You can add all yer favs to the eggs when they come out. Last 30 seconds in the MW, add some cheese

And this time only a 4 minute wait to "Eggstacy"

Makes powdered Eggs and powdered Milk almost a delicacy.

Sorry if you know this one already.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
If you have not tried this you might like it.

Microwave Scrambled Eggs!

I kid you not.

I start with 6 large fresh Eggs in a cereal bowl. And I don't share.
You can sub powdered eggs for the fresh if that's what you have.
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk. Powdered Milk works too. Just mix it with water before adding to Eggs.
Whisk the eggs together like normal, with milk, salt & pepper.
Micro on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
After 1 minute take em out and stir em up.
After that, take em out every 30 to 45 seconds and stir again.

Imagine, a one bowl meal. You can add all yer favs to the eggs when they come out. Last 30 seconds in the MW, add some cheese

And this time only a 4 minute wait to "Eggstacy"

Makes powdered Eggs and powdered Milk almost a delicacy.

Sorry if you know this one already.
hey thank I didn't know you could cook eggs like this!! Will they still come out as good if one uses water instead of milk??? you don't mention covering them while cooking....don't they splatter all over the inside of nuker??? thanks for sharing!
These are the fluffiest, moistest Scrambled Eggs ever!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:36 AM

Sorry,

Uncovered in the MW, they won't splatter.

Never tried it with water. I have used different flavored coffee creamer, "hazelnut, to die for".

Old 02-25-2009, 09:23 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,859,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
darn your pic didn't come thru....but I'm drool'n anyway!! Are most of the chowder in AK milk based or seafood broth???
Not sure what I did, but must have deleted that particular one when cleaning up...

I think most are probably milk based here, though I do both depending on what I'm using, this one is a mix, started with a roux and some milk, then added the potatoes and carrots precooked in chicken broth, felt I needed to compensate with something a little lighter with the bacon I put in, but is also good milk based and add some cream at the end just to heat up for extreme richness..

Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,859,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Sorry,

Uncovered in the MW, they won't splatter.

Never tried it with water. I have used different flavored coffee creamer, "hazelnut, to die for".
Flavored coffee creamers are also great for French toast, and I even add to waffle batter...

Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Flavored coffee creamers are also great for French toast, and I even add to waffle batter...
Great minds think alike?

Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 PM

thanks Grannysroost for posting the pic again...beautiful image, should be in a cooking mag!!! I do believe there is a hunk of Halibut head to be chowda!!! thanks

Old 02-25-2009, 01:57 PM

here's my favorite beer whole wheat bread recipe....experiment with different beers!!! depending on what I am serving for a meal i will use dark beers or a pale ale. enjoy!!
Whole Wheat Beer Bread

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Ready in: 1 hour
Servings: 12

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer (try different beers and see which you like)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed. It may be necessary to mix dough with your hands. Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska