Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times

Advertisements

Pat...sorry but I doubt that anything could gotten straight for you, its the comprehension thing ya know, work in that will ya

Perhaps I'll help ya later as I got a ton of fish to stuff in cans and jars today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Pat...sorry but I doubt that anything could gotten straight for you, its the comprehension thing ya know, work in that will ya

Perhaps we'll work on that a little later as I got a ton of fish to stuff in cans and jars today

So you are denying that notrees introduced an entirely different topic?? "I" am not the one on here who comes off as a know-it-all and goes balistic when someone disagrees with me. Yeah work on it while you play with fish.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
People are of course entitled to their opinions but hi-jacking threads to get a discussion closed down is becoming the norm here and it has gotten damned old. Some really good information has been lost on this forum because some people have sour grapes and whine to the moderator every time a discussion takes a turn that they don't like. The caribou thread is a prime example of that.
Why not go there? What morality is the current administration trying to push down your throat?

To answer that: The health care mess is being shoved on the public whether it is wanted or not. The Dems forget about the upcoming election but I quess they figure the news media will cover their as*es up until that time to sugarcote them. They can't even handle Social Security and Medicare so what makes anyone think they can handle this health care? The Cap and Trade deal is a complete disaster.

I do not support either party because as I have said before, they are all basically one in the same.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
[b]WThe health care mess is being shoved on the public whether it is wanted or not.
This is bullpucky. Obama campaigned on the health-care reform platform and the majority of the Americans voted for his agenda. You may feel like it is being shoved down your throat. We, who voted for this reform, don't.

Furthermore, nobody is "shoving" anything down your throat. You will have the choice to do whatever it is that you want. We want to see our health insurance choices expanded, costs brought down, and the pre-existing conditions restrictions to go away. And we, who think that, are in the majority.

Last edited by notreesininceland; 08-20-2009 at 10:49 AM..

Old 08-20-2009, 10:58 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Pssst, you guys are wasting time arguing over Palin! You are in Alaska, well, Notrees isn't. Go out and enjoy the last nice days of summer! Take some pictures! Go catch silvers! I'm stuck at work again...

Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
This is bullpucky. Obama campaigned on the health-care reform platform and the majority of the Americans voted for his agenda. You may feel like it is being shoved down your throat. We, who voted for this reform, don't.

Furthermore, nobody is "shoving" anything down your throat. You will have the choice to do whatever it is that you want. We want to see our health insurance choices expanded, costs brought down, and the pre-existing conditions restrictions to go away. And we, who think that, are in the majority.
You have your head buried in the sand, or perhaps elsewhere, and I sure hope I am wrong, but you and other followers will be at what you "thought" was a good thing and not only on the health care. Time will tell. Enough said........

Old 08-20-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Pssst, you guys are wasting time arguing over Palin! You are in Alaska, well, Notrees isn't. Go out and enjoy the last nice days of summer! Take some pictures! Go catch silvers! I'm stuck at work again...
You are right Warpt. Supposed to be bright sunshine here today; I loveee it! So "sad" for those not in Alaska. LOL.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
You have your head buried in the sand, or perhaps elsewhere, and I sure hope I am wrong...
Hope no more. Know that you are wrong.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:21 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post

Careful going down that slippery slope of public opinion. I just saw on one of the networks last night that for the first time, public support for Obama's health care plan (whatever that is) went below 50 percent (49%). With "independants" it was even down to 60% now oppose. Granted, it's only one poll of many but, hypothetically, if the trends continue and overall support drops in all polls, will you be willing to give up the current health care reform agenda?

And as for something Obama campaigned for, ABC news poll is now showing 60% view the war in Afghanistan as not worth fighting. Are we now going to pull out? Obama said this was the "good" war. If you define support for this agenda as "well we won the election so the majority should get what it wants", that argument seems to be collapsing. It appears the "majority" is changing it's mind...will you?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 AM

Moose,

Elections, not polls of the day, are the decisive points. I want Obama to implement what he said during his campaign. If people change their mind, they have the 2010 elections to send him a signal that he must change course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska