Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 01:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times

Advertisements

I hope that nothing of this nature ever happens at the Ketchikan Airport.

I wonder if this weren't some sort of copycat thing. It will be interesting to know the details of what he was being verbally disruptive about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 02:03 PM

Looks like the sky ain't falling after all; according to this the idjit had just gotten sick on the plane:

Detroit-Bound Airline Passenger Was Ill, Not a Threat, Sources Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Old 12-27-2009, 04:36 PM

20,835 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Looks like the sky ain't falling after all; according to this the idjit had just gotten sick on the plane:

Detroit-Bound Airline Passenger Was Ill, Not a Threat, Sources Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
happy to hear nothing serious. one would think the flight attendant could have opened the bathroom door.

sawzall would work......=)

Old 12-27-2009, 10:20 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
Speaking of travel and safety...the drive to and from Houston (AK) was terrible. Wet roads, spray, moron drivers. I had to pull over 3 times to clean off my headlights this evening. Lot's of black ice along the Sterling flats this morning. Saw 4 cars in the ditch and 20 other places where they had already pulled them out. Saw no cars in the ditch on the Glenn...but plenty of places they had been. Be safe out there!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
happy to hear nothing serious. one would think the flight attendant could have opened the bathroom door.

sawzall would work......=)
Apparently they did open the bathroom door and dragged the guy off the toilet, which is why he became belligerent.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Apparently they did open the bathroom door and dragged the guy off the toilet, which is why he became belligerent.
Unreal.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:03 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
That's just the problem. "Jimmy Smith" and his grandmother damn well will start trying to blow up planes if this trend continues. Think about it. The danger of profiling is that once they catch onto it, they change their profile.
When Jimmy and Gertrude Smith start blowing up planes (and embassies, and restaurants, and market squares, and military installations, and recruting centers) we can change the profile.

But you have to make the best decisions to ensure the safety of American citizens, based on the information you can gather on the ground. And right now, it is young Islamic men who have openly declared a holy war on this country. Not Jimmy and Gertrude.

You can't fight wars half-assed and with political correctness. Well you can, but you won't win.

And dealing with murderers who live by a set of rules completely contrary to our own, while we keep deceiving ourselves and believing that our moral high ground will somehow prevail, will just get more people killed and keep our troops in harms' way that much longer.

IMHO.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:44 AM

I agree with you Juneau but to a degree. this latest warped mutant had plastique stitched into his underwear. I mean seriously. The only way to defeat these animals is to dispose of their fixed belief that somehow they end up in a better place by harming others. Cults like that depend on beliefs that cannot be disproved because they are so outrageous. Remember the San Diego cult that thought the spaceship was right behind the comet?

Like I said originally, these are not human beings. They may have flesh and blood just like us but they have mutated into a destructive machine. Either deprogram them or eliminate them.......just my 2cents but I don't think that they can be fixed. It's early and I am still pissed.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
But you have to make the best decisions to ensure the safety of American citizens, based on the information you can gather on the ground. And right now, it is young Islamic men who have openly declared a holy war on this country. Not Jimmy and Gertrude.
I don't believe that I was disputing that. Sorry you took it as "half assed PC"; it wasn't. You didn't understand what I meant.

This is what I meant:

http://infidelsarecool.com/2009/07/1...elude-marines/

Some of them already have changed their profile.

Plenty of other examples of what I meant out there too. Dressing as a Jew is now becoming one of the latest fashion trends of the young Islamic jihadist.

Should be more difficult to get away with, of course, on an airplane, but most terrorist attacks happen on the ground.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 12-28-2009 at 09:41 AM..

Old 12-28-2009, 09:52 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
I don't believe that I was disputing that. Sorry you took it as "half assed PC"; it wasn't. You didn't understand what I meant.

This is what I meant:

Taliban jihadis hide among civilians, dress like women, to elude Marines

Some of them already have changed their profile.

Plenty of other examples of what I meant out there too. Dressing as a Jew is now becoming one of the latest fashion trends of the young Islamic jihadist.

Should be more difficult to get away with, of course, on an airplane, but most terrorist attacks happen on the ground.
Metlakatla, my "half-assed comment" wasn't directed at you specifically. It was just a general comment I made criticizing every useless, time consuming, dangerous, no-win PC statement and action put out by talking heads who I do not trust to make decisons that are in the best interests of this country. (That is not meant as a statement either criticizing or advocating for any political party). I was just sayin'.

I misunderstood where you were headed with your profiling example. I was talking about a different kind of profiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska